Sign in to follow this  
Aeo

Steam and Wurm Launcher not talking. Can't log into Wurm

Steam just did an update and now it is not sending proper login credentials to the Wurm launcher.  I've logged off and on to steam and that didn't help.20230426205558_1.jpg

Update: Did a verify on the Wurm files via Steam... It redownloaded a bunch of files in the launcher, but still has the same problem.

We are aware of an issue preventing steam users from logging in. It is a Steam issue and not something we can influence. These issues usually resolve themselves quickly, but if they continue we will look into it further.

Thank you for the quick response. Really wish I hadn't bought the game through Steam. 

1 hour ago, Aeo said:

Thank you for the quick response. Really wish I hadn't bought the game through Steam. 

alot of us regret that decision xD

2 hours ago, fencejumper said:

We are aware of an issue preventing steam users from logging in. It is a Steam issue and not something we can influence. These issues usually resolve themselves quickly, but if they continue we will look into it further.

I have been trying to get in since the steam update 6 hours ago. Tried all the same things verify and uninstall/reinstall. No response from steam support...

I am also encountering this issue and have been troubleshooting.

I noticed a Steam update while testing another game. Tried to launch Wurm and received the Network error this time. I restarted my PC and issue is now resolved.

• Like 1

Rebooting the PC helped. Before that, it didn't work even with a reboot 🙂Have a good day to everyone! 😉

• Like 1

It looks like there was a steam desktop client update that broke some stuff. There was a new client update available that might fix it. Please try to check for updates by going to Steam > Check for client updates. Please let us know if that doesn't fix it for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fencejumper said:

why it is always steam issue even when steam works fine

2 minutes ago, Votip said:

why it is always steam issue even when steam works fine

(This client was re-released a couple of hours later to fix a regression that caused some Steamworks enabled multiplayer game sessions to fail to connect)

https://store.steampowered.com/oldnews/193003

• Like 1

so first time logging in to steam this am... same issue.

logged off steam and relogged... fixed the issue after steam did a quick update. i HATE steam. they are arrogant and deny anything is ever their fault.

might clarify that this morning i started from a cold boot. so it isn't just reboot, it's getting steam to realize they have a patch to apply to the client that is broke. client side updates have been an issue with them since the very beginning.

Edited by Aeo

hi i cart launch the game i click the launch button it goes green in steam to say its launching for a split second then it just sits in desktop and i just re click and click please help me i need to play wurm is it steam or the game :( please please help me )

• Like 1