Sign in to follow this  
fencejumper

Plant high value decorations

I think we should be able plant/secure the more desirable decorations, both gnome varieties, unique skulls, goats, big and small, and the reindeers. Partly so that they can be more freely used as decorations without fear of being, borrowed, and so that they are less likely to be accidently picked up by the owners.

• Like 12

i agree it would be good for safety reasons but how does it help the owner not take it by mistake?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tpikol said:

i agree it would be good for safety reasons but how does it help the owner not take it by mistake?

Add a function to "unsecure" a secured item before it can be taken?

• Like 2

+1

Yes, please! Would also love to be able to secure carpets even if only on deed as mayor, to prevent abuse.

13 hours ago, BertimusPrime said:

Add a function to "unsecure" a secured item before it can be taken?

That would truly be great. There's nothing that annoys me more than accidentally picking up a trellis during harvest season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

That would truly be great. There's nothing that annoys me more than accidentally picking up a trellis during harvest season.

(f1 console &)bind e harvest, bind q prune, and maybe 1-2 toolbelt slots for skiller harvest sickle, and high ql sickle for the pruning;

assuming you right click to select harvest to mislick 'take' otherwise

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Finnn said:

(f1 console &)bind e harvest, bind q prune, and maybe 1-2 toolbelt slots for skiller harvest sickle, and high ql sickle for the pruning;

With the development of the 'context interaction' i.e the base F = whatever the game recommends, having to have so many keybinds I think is something devs want to move away from - that is a solution but this suggestion is a better solution 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

With the development of the 'context interaction' i.e the base F = whatever the game recommends, having to have so many keybinds I think is something devs want to move away from - that is a solution but this suggestion is a better solution 

have to come up with switch for default action else anything called "default action" in wurm is just laughable, problem comes from variety of actions with same tool and target item, you could equip or activate a tool, you could prune or harvest with a sickle, you can also cut trees down, you could bash items with it, you could butcher with same sickle, etc.. so.. what's default, and if you for some reason still want to do something and you can't, how is that helping you to be in F(ail) keybind; 

I get what you meant, but problem remains, even if devs add a switch so default action is easy to change, you still need two keybinds:

for example you have same sickle, you harvest grapes, there are overaged bushes, default action shifts into "prune" action with sickle as activated tool, then you can harvest as priority selected default action, then again next action on same bush becomes "pick_sprout" keybind as that's only remaining action, oh wait.. we can also "cut_down" if we just target 1 bush and go through all priorities and states as mentioned, spamming 1 key or waiting on events to end to spam next action only after previous ended still does not sound like quality experience for me;

(if it's not clear why, you probably dont want to spam X-X-X-X-X-X and go through all these actions with a sickle - prune, harvest, pick sprout, cut down, cut grass; that's where a bit more complex solution will always be better than pressing 1 key, waiting for the feedback and then pressing it again, control over actions is better imo)

Edited by Finnn

16 hours ago, Finnn said:

it's not right click that's the issue. The default action with trellises, even with sickle active, is always take. Even when the thing can be harvested, pruned or has a sprout. Thus you need to use other keybinds for those actions with trellises. So all it takes is pressing the keybind for the default action in order to accidentally take the thing.

• Like 1