Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Patch Notes 31-JAN-2023 discussion

48 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: Item Tags – These will allow you to link items in your inventory/containers into chat, showing the same information hovering over it gives.

• Hold down alt and click an item to link it into a chat
  • The item tags are a static picture of an item taken when linking it, these will not update with the item.

Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

• New: Item Tags – These will allow you to link items in your inventory/containers into chat, showing the same information hovering over it gives.
    • Hold down alt and click an item to link it into a chat
    • The item tags are a static picture of an item taken when linking it, these will not update with the item.

I was not expecting this at all but major KUDOS for this feature. Huge quality of life improvement. Amazing for Trade chat and will make selling items easier. A+

• Like 2

The item tag feature is great, love the addition!

Did anyone experience a text formatting bug with it? Tried linking a rare press into the chat and the tag is all over the place (blue letters are the links)

UI Scale: 80%

Resolution: 1920x1080

e1VxabR.jpg

Edited by Xheth
  • Cat 1

I'm playing 1920x1080p but I am not having the same issue.

@Xheth

I was not aware we could turn off timestamps. Will handle that soon. The issue should only be local to you or anyone with timestamps off.

• Like 1

This change wasn't enough, remove horses all together,  Donkey pvp only. If I'm going over 20km I get sea sick.

• Cat 1

29 minutes ago, user said:

This change wasn't enough, remove horses all together,  Donkey pvp only. If I'm going over 20km I get sea sick.

+1 and bring back wetas

Love the new linkey stuff!
If I may wish, then I would love for it to be usable on items inside of the backpack that the player has equipped as well as that seems like an oversight and easy enough to fix.
Next step can be done later, like linking from a toolbelt or linking actual items on the ground such as market stalls or carts (maybe balance it so you can only link things you can also reach with examine?).

Edited by Borstaskor

The item links does not show spesifically what item it is, which can be quite confusing if the item has a generic name or if the item is renamed.

This is more a note towards the item tooltip actually, rather towards the linking of the item.

Examples:

A shortsword that is named will only show as "weapon".

A copper coin will only show that, not the value.

The linked rare items seem harder to read than rares in inventory.

This is the color in trade chat:

44KTT97.png

This is an edit to make it look more like rares in inventory

r2yRbi3.png

Any chance this could be made more consistent with the rest of the ui and easier to read?

1 hour ago, Arno said:

The linked rare items seem harder to read than rares in inventory.

This is the color in trade chat:

44KTT97.png

This is an edit to make it look more like rares in inventory

r2yRbi3.png

Any chance this could be made more consistent with the rest of the ui and easier to read?

Ya we taking a look at why the color seems off for this one.

Great update, thanks for adding the ability to link!

One addition, if possible, would be to examine the linked tool, Right now for an item with runes, it is near impossible to know what the runes are unless you are familiar with every rune.

For example

a 4x runed item: RGsV - RLS - RStJ - RAL

Would be nice to be able to examine that linked item to know what those runes actually are.

Thanks for the update, keep up the great work!

Happy Wurming!

cant link items from opened inventory container, for example clay in satchel(right click open satchel try to link the clay from the opened dialog);

can't link equipped items or items from equipped backpack;

linked items show no color, nor skin data;

linking dye could maybe show dye color;

items like tents are mystic what they are.. they only show "cotton and rarity variety" but no name as item type, shows only the name of the item;

1 bit missed functionality is sharing maps and linking the map, allowing click on the map link to open popup.. and from there to further use the map hint for general location hint or to show the legend also, makes it easier to do things when you're not solving a map on your own and you're with +1 or more people trying to figure a clue;

Will be cool to have maps with popup sharing as feature...

also so far links work as hover to see a tooltip.. what about click on the link to popup a window with same information, maybe icon of the item or default item type->>name<<, in the case of tent and some renamed player items.. things will be slightly unclear

Edited by Finnn

1 hour ago, gnomegates said:

Great update, thanks for adding the ability to link!

One addition, if possible, would be to examine the linked tool, Right now for an item with runes, it is near impossible to know what the runes are unless you are familiar with every rune.

For example

a 4x runed item: RGsV - RLS - RStJ - RAL

Would be nice to be able to examine that linked item to know what those runes actually are.

Thanks for the update, keep up the great work!

Happy Wurming!

Hold alt down while hover over it to expand the short names to full names.

35 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Hold alt down while hover over it to expand the short names to full names.

Awesome, did not know this, always nice to learn new things!

However it does not solve the issue. When I examine an item with a rune, it shows in the event tab the effects of the rune. 

Unless I have the wiki open to look up each rune, there is no way to know in game what the effects of the rune is, unless I'm missing something here.

On a side note, I tried to right click to copy one of the rune effects from the event window, and it keeps crashing the game. So there seems to be a bug with right clicking in the event tab, on one of the runes/enchant descriptions that show up in the event tab. It happens every time now to me. Maybe someone else can check and confirm they are having issues with this as well.

10 hours ago, gnomegates said:

On a side note, I tried to right click to copy one of the rune effects from the event window, and it keeps crashing the game. So there seems to be a bug with right clicking in the event tab, on one of the runes/enchant descriptions that show up in the event tab. It happens every time now to me. Maybe someone else can check and confirm they are having issues with this as well.

There are some threads in the client bugs forum about this. This one is from rclicking in the combat text, and includes a console log, but the error in the console for rclicking on text in the event tab are the same.

There seem to be some issues on linux with using alt-click.

I saw another player in CA Help with the same issue.
I have been able to fix it on XFCE by changing "easy_click" in the configuration.

The window manager uses alt-click by default to move a window.

Would be nice to be able to change the keybinding for linking items in the game.

Edited by Arno
  • Like 2

• Bugfix: Liquids in recipes will now check weights correctly

Did this change make it into affinity calculation as well? Taking a sip of unfermented moonshine used to give 2 hours of affinity. Now gives only 7 minutes.

Crashing when right clicking in the event window and disabling timestamps breaking tags should be fixed today or tomorrow in a hotfix pending testing.

Coloring for rare tags being off of standard color, Linux alt click dragging windows, wearable containers don't work for alt clicking, are probably going to be handled by next patch.

For the linux issue, currently I think we're just going to put an alternative button combo in the options. I think ctrl + shift + click is not currently being used.

@gnomegates@Borstaskor  @Xheth @Arno @Finnn

I appreciate the bug reports and suggestions.

• Like 3

A few bug fixes and fun new additions. Love these little patches! :) 

Did you guys break the one sip of caffeine for 10min SB per day thing? XD

Nvm lol

Also, can we just get that 10 minute part removed while we're at it? People in Sweden drink coffee all day err day as standard, so it wouldn't even break immersion and all it does is being an annoying game mechanic with no particular value.

Edited by Borstaskor

1 hour ago, Borstaskor said:

Did you guys break the one sip of caffeine for 10min SB per day thing? XD

Works fine for me, got 10 mins of SB as usual.