Sign in to follow this  
Felthanne

Patch Notes 14-MAR-2023 discussion

I thought I saw someone else questioning this somewhere as well but I can't find it to quote.  

Increased spawn rate of creatures from holy sites.

Is this tied to the power of the site?  I've seen 2 mobs spawn since the patch yesterday at 2 separate holy sites (a spider at a Fo site, which may have just been a natural spawn, and a angry gorilla at a mag site) which is actually less than had spawned the previous day.  The Fo site is completely cleared of corruption and crawling over 30 power, the Mag site is still having its week-long corruption removed (3 power/35ish corruption) and I have a character at each online all day.

10 hours ago, nineol said:

Is this tied to the power of the site?  I've seen 2 mobs spawn since the patch yesterday at 2 separate holy sites

we activated one like 20 hours ago, it spawned a sheep instantly, another one a few hours later and then no more. they're definitely not spawning more

To add to the lack of spawns, is there any chance people being in local of the site is stopping spawns? An active populated site hasn't seen any spawns while an abandoned one that i just checked has a considerable number of traited mobs

Edited by Synjor

18 minutes ago, Synjor said:

is there any chance people being in local of the site is stopping spawns?

judging by the one we did on chaos (that we cleared every single other mob in local in case that prevented spawns) having nothing i would say no, they're probably pre-patch because it got worse after that

• Like 1

once we got mag site on cadence up to 70 power and over, we got all kind of gorillas spawn around regularly after pulses. Maybe the power of that site is not enough, we got traited gorillas, even a champ one.

[14:27:46] A mystical fountain whose waters quench curiosity as well as thirst. It has a benevolent aura. Power: 100.0, Corruption: 0.0.

Managed to max out the vynora well spring on release. The buff it gives seems profoundly underwhelming + there is no explanation to it how it actually works.

The description in status effect is "slight increase in rarity when improving" but what does it actually translate to? What is a 100 power buff from it? 1% chance? 10% ? 25%? Does the rarity buff for imping also affect affinity chance ? Is it valid for any types of items improved? Is it just for vyn followers or?

The mobs it spawns are just aquatic mobs so I guess for those that want a champ dolphin it's nice.

Edited by elentari