Sign in to follow this  
Felthanne

Patch Notes 14-MAR-2023 discussion

I like more decorations, but I wish it was functional. Perhaps someday? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Blade Smithing. Congrats Nineol!

He's Crazy!!!!!!

I love the little Cherry Tree's! When will the first set of old monthly skins be brought back? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Blade Smithing. Congrats Nineol!

does he get to pick the 50/70/90 titles for it too lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

yea this is a little weird seeing as how people have hit 100 in skills that don't have 50/70/90 and got told get wrecked

41 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Actions that increase or decrease a holy site’s power or corruption at a holy site (purifying, desecrating, praying, preaching) will now affect the holy site even if you are beyond your maximum Faith gains per day. You still can’t gain Faith more times per day than normal, but you can now contribute to the holy site without daily limits. The 20-minute prayer cooldown timer still applies.

This is amazing, thank you so much for listening

42 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Praying, preaching, desecrating, or purifying a holy site will now have greater impact, especially at low skill levels.

Wasn't part of the issue here that high skill in exorcism did basically nothing and cap the purifying at 0.5 each time, perhaps we can increase the benefit for higher skill too unless theirs a hidden benefit I don't know about?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

4 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

yea this is a little weird seeing as how people have hit 100 in skills that don't have 50/70/90 and got told get wrecked

Add titles for the skills missing titles - Suggestions & Ideas - Wurm Online Forum

Sure I wasn't the first to suggest this, it's so inconsistent that 135 skills have 50/70/90 titles but 3 don't?

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
skin_february_23_small_cherry_tree-1024x
  • New: You can now paint Marble Planters.

So we can't paint the flower petals, only the bowl, any chance to add dual painting for further customization or that's too much work?

37 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Asked if the missing 50/70/90's for Blades and WHS could get dev-given names when I put in the support for the 100 title and was told it was passed on to devs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SweetSerenade said:

Wasn't part of the issue here that high skill in exorcism did basically nothing and cap the purifying at 0.5 each time, perhaps we can increase the benefit for higher skill too unless theirs a hidden benefit I don't know about?

Only one shot so far, but:

[10:48:46] A mystical fountain whose waters quench curiosity as well as thirst. It has a benevolent aura. Power: 1.0, Corruption: 51.9532.
[10:49:14] The Wellspring of Knowledge feels slightly more stable now!
[10:49:17] A mystical fountain whose waters quench curiosity as well as thirst. It has a benevolent aura. Power: 1.0, Corruption: 49.561584.

That's almost a 5x increase in power and much more reasonable, especially since we're not capped by faith-giving actions.  I cleared .8 on a mag site with a 5 exorcism priest and .2 from a fo site with a 5 exorcism priest as well, so looking better.

• Like 1

It actually did come to our attention we where missing a few titles for skills, namely Blade Smithing/Weapon Heads Smithing/Trebuchets and you will be happy to know we have an internal suggestions list finished up and are picking some titles for those as we speak. As for people in the past being denied it based on those reasons I cannot speak as I was not part of it then, but it is not something I would do personally to someone who put the effort into getting 100 in a skill.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: Added religious advisors and altars to all SFI starter towns on non PvP servers. These were already on NFI and have just been included on SFI now. Religious Advisors will convert you to a deity of your choice.

Yay!  Thanks for listening dev team!

• Like 2

Could we get pulses that cure disease? For Fo it's not an issue but for Vyn/Lib/Mag with so many people so close, people get it and the chance of a Fo priest being there to drizzle us isn't great.

Hmm i think the purification still needs to be amped up a bit.

[20:39:59] <Elentari> [20:39:50] A mystical fountain whose waters quench curiosity as well as thirst. It has a benevolent aura. Power: 1.0, Corruption: 47.682175.

Before first purification.

[21:04:08] <Elentari> [21:01:24] A mystical fountain whose waters quench curiosity as well as thirst. It has a benevolent aura. Power: 2.8483868, Corruption: 46.926968.

After the first.

[21:04:19] <Elentari> [21:04:15] A mystical fountain whose waters quench curiosity as well as thirst. It has a benevolent aura. Power: 2.8483868, Corruption: 46.257664.

After the 2nd purification.

Toon is a 53 exorcism , still seems a bit low, I'd increase the purification tick size by 3 times from what it is now at least.

Nice, did it reset the holy sites or all are still laying around corrupted?

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added religious advisors and altars to all SFI starter towns on non PvP servers. These were already on NFI and have just been included on SFI now. Religious Advisors will convert you to a deity of your choice.

That's great, but why did it take so long?

Why do I have to go to a token to give you my money for prem? You don't want it?

Question, would it not be good for prayer skill to help increase the amount of power gained? If removing corruption is based on exorcism, why don't we give some boost to power via prayer skill? Makes that skill actually worthwhile too outside of Benediction.

• Like 5

Some great additions- many thanks to all the team involved in design, testing and coding.

I am quite selective as to which skins I buy but the miniature tree is one that is so attractive as an ornamental feature I am seriously considering whether to get another!

I love the ability to paint the marble planters, however, I am slightly sad that the previous fantastic addition that allowed the dying of carpets also meant that the old colours of carpets seem to have been lost. It would be great to have the old styles as an additional option if that is possible. 

Many congratulations Nineol on your amazing achievement.

16 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Holy site visual effects are now visible to all players within an activated holy site, even those who worship a different deity or have low Faith.

Wait. Originally, the visual effects were only seen by players who were followers or priests of the deity that matched the holy site? Why was this changed? That sounds very immersive to me. Maybe it could be that you need 30 faith in any religion to see the effects. This way the visual effects becomes available when your character “sees the light”.

Thank you for adding the religious advisors to all starter towns! It was a pain to get converted as a new player on SFI. Trying to coordinate with others was not a good experience, especially as a shy newbie. We spent hours searching for someone who could do it, then traveling and sitting around on someone's deed hoping they'd come online at some point. The whole time we wished there would just be an npc or something to help us get started. This will be so much easier for new players :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Wait. Originally, the visual effects were only seen by players who were followers or priests of the deity that matched the holy site? Why was this changed? That sounds very immersive to me. Maybe it could be that you need 30 faith in any religion to see the effects. This way the visual effects becomes available when your character “sees the light”.

I'd assume because everyone thought it was a bug. It's reasonable to expect that the holy sites have visual effects that aren't just hallucinated by a select few.

FWIW, I think the effects are still not enough, but that's part of a wider gripe with Wurm's visuals. The skybox changes don't really make the holy sites stand out. They are divine artefacts, go nuts on the lighting effects.

(Though fixing lighting first should be on the agenda. Items shouldn't be lit from below when the sun is below the horizon. It looks extremely silly)