Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

Patch Notes 07-MAR-2023 and Holy Sites discussion

1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

I hope not if they make them bland like the colorful rugs.  :(

I see white, not blank. :) And option to make them personalized.

I noticed some change after update - my game freezes for a few seconds every once in a while. Is getting start to be a bit annoying.

Edited by Xagru

Wondering is there some offcial pics  of what people might be out in the world looking for (items to acctivate) for the Holy sites.  THose who were on Test have an idea but maybe some for everyone else be helpful.  Just a thought :)

12 minutes ago, igSnarkin said:

Wondering is there some offcial pics  of what people might be out in the world looking for (items to acctivate) for the Holy sites.  THose who were on Test have an idea but maybe some for everyone else be helpful.  Just a thought :)

All sites have images in the post originally announcing them :) Here they are:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xagru said:

I see white, not blank. :) And option to make them personalized.

I noticed some change after update - my game freezes for a few seconds every once in a while. Is getting start to be a bit annoying.

UdHbavy.jpeg  But we'd lose all the fun colors to make that change. Probably better a new dyeable version be introduced.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DevBlog said:
Along with Holy Sites going live today,  we have several Quality of Life changes and some new and improved carpets for everyone to dig into today. All existing carpets have been updated to support dyeing them different colours, and we didn’t stop there! You can dye them 2 separate colours, a main and a detail colour, to allow deep customization of anycarpet you like. On top of updating the 3 existing carpets to support this new function, we have 3 new carpets being released with this update, increasing your design options to include 6 carpets total of various sizes and styles! With so many choices of color and style, are you worried about where you’re going to fit all these carpets? Worry no more! Carpets will now be place-able on walls, bringing even more decorative options to colorize your cozy interiors.

Sooooooooo gooooooooooddddd!!! * does happy dance *

rugs looks very, very nice...we need more of this stuff! Overall this patch is a great work made with care, i like it.

image.png

Either the spell effects or the patch notes are wrong. Affinity chance isn't listed in the notes anymore but shows when imbibing.

11 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

image.png

Either the spell effects or the patch notes are wrong. Affinity chance isn't listed in the notes anymore but shows when imbibing.

Yeah that still wasn't removed from the spell effect description, affinity chance was removed after first public testing

• Like 1

There's also this bug: [10:44:47] Rockalt says something under %THEIR% breath.

Update, purifying seems to repair very little corruption or damage to holy sites. Tried it with a 50 , respectively a 70 exorcism character.

Pre purification :

[19:09:20] A cryptic mirror, peering into what might be another world. It has a benevolent aura. Ql: 35.212482, Dam: 25.675772.

Post purification :

[19:09:28] A cryptic mirror, peering into what might be another world. It has a benevolent aura. Ql: 35.212482, Dam: 25.175772.

That's what 50 exo skill looks like, maybe we could ramp up the numbers a bit for purification please?

• Like 1

Just now, elentari said:

Update, purifying seems to repair very little corruption or damage to holy sites. Tried it with a 50 , respectively a 70 exorcism character.

Pre purification :

[19:09:20] A cryptic mirror, peering into what might be another world. It has a benevolent aura. Ql: 35.212482, Dam: 25.675772.

Post purification :

[19:09:28] A cryptic mirror, peering into what might be another world. It has a benevolent aura. Ql: 35.212482, Dam: 25.175772.

That's what 50 exo skill looks like, maybe we could ramp up the numbers a bit for purification please?

Im getting that much with 12 Exorcism, i agree purifying seems really weak

Not only that but would take us weeks to purify this akashic mirror on deli considering there's only about 3 of us there... yeah, this needs to be reworked a bit.

We are 8 hours into the otherworldly monolith on melody.

It looks like the corruption it takes on pulse events is very large.

It has gone up by about 8 several times now, and we can only repair small amounts of it with purify.

It is now at Ql: 36.659607 and dam: 45.168324.

At this rate, it will be gone in the next 8 hours.

Seems to go up each time someone gazes into it, your experience is similar?

6 minutes ago, elentari said:

Seems to go up each time someone gazes into it, your experience is similar?

Yes, that's one that will increase it with everyone doing it right after the pulse event.
The worst ones though seem to be single large damage ticks on the pulse event.

Not even 3 hours into our akashic mirror on deli : [20:17:59] A cryptic mirror, peering into what might be another world. It bears an aura of Vynora. Ql: 32.61665, Dam: 37.57369..

Love all the new carpets!!!! BUT please bring back the old carpets (red, blue, gold) as an option- we loved their colors as they were - and not everyone has access to dyes (for money reasons or other). . .. especially new players. While it is wonderful to support the dye-making community even more - I really hope you will reconsider and give us the old colored carpets back as an option in the crafting window.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 5

So here's the math I am seeing and this really needs to be fixed asap.

It seems that if you have 50 exo you basically fix 0.5 dmg or corruption, however you want to call it.

Let's ask a question...how many players in wurm actually have this skill over 50?

https://www.wurmnode.com/skill/Exorcism

Bout ...3....

Let's assume some chaos boys have some pts in exorcism too so maybe 5-6 people in the playerbase have mediocre exorcism skill.

Taking this math into account it would take all of the players with the highest exorcism skill in the game to work and coordinate perfectly just to reduce corruption to zero assuming they'd be tied to that altar for around 12-18 hours in a single day.

We really need a rework for exorcism and how much corruption it cleanses. Exorcism is actually one of the worst skills to grind , evidenced by the fact that no one has ever bothered to skill it.

If you really want to use exorcism to cleanse altars, at lease multiply the repair / purification tick by at least 10x or 20 x. The playerbase doesn't have exorcism, no one has it except for a literal handful of players.

• Like 1

The Sampo is a little broken - it has pulsed (power restored) but...

[21:03:54] You can't bring yourself to eat more right now.

Seems like you can't get the item drops if you're full!

On 3/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, elentari said:

Taking this math into account it would take all of the players with the highest exorcism skill in the game to work and coordinate perfectly just to reduce corruption to zero assuming they'd be tied to that altar for around 12-18 hours in a single day.

We really need a rework for exorcism and how much corruption it cleanses. Exorcism is actually one of the worst skills to grind , evidenced by the fact that no one has ever bothered to skill it.

If you really want to use exorcism to cleanse altars, at lease multiply the repair / purification tick by at least 10x or 20 x. The playerbase doesn't have exorcism, no one has it except for a literal handful of players.

ye, accidentally "activated" the holy site accidentally by desecrating it upon discovery... I did 0.5 dmg to it, and also alerted enemies via Twitter/Discord. It's the first on the server so I actually seem to have helped them by finding it for them. I have ~25 Exorcism and I did exactly 0.5 DMG to a 55.29QL holy site.

[05:22:50] Your head aches. You have gained Faith with your deity too recently, and need more time before you can try desecrating this place again.
[Unconfirmed] You can either only desecrate once every 20 minutes or once every time you could gain faith so 5-6 times a day max if that's the case. Either way, I was unable to desecrate again and assuming I can only do it 5-6 times a day, that's like 2.5 damage per day? 40 days later it's finally gone assuming 8 enemies don't show up and play with it at all?

On PvP servers, I'd suggest shortening the time these holy sites are around. Especially if they're deep within enemy territory, those enemies should be able to bash it down in a timely manner and users should be able to reap the rewards without having to risk 8+ hours "2 weeks on average" according to the wiki, hanging out in the open. I suppose the go-to thing we should be doing instead of desecrating a previously inactive holy site is walling it up completely and letting it sit forever. Or allowing us to desecrate nonstop. Even if it was 0.5 per action no matter what, at least then I could do it all in a night lol and if it's too awful that I can destroy it so fast, make them spawn immediately after so our enemies can try finding it again. Or or allowing us to desecrate the holy site without it "activating" and revealing itself to our enemies.

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate Epic getting to experience a cool new feature. I like shiny new things, especially those that offer new mechanics. I just feel like the new feature is useless to PvP-oriented players who worship Fo.

On another note, maybe I'm crazy, but we're all about Fo over here and Libila has gained directly useful PvP features in this update while Fo has... unlimited harvest item potential and chances for more AH points on bred animals. I'll also trade all my source seed crystal things for some Empyrean lumps. Priests of Libila already have an edge vs Priests of Fo in the instance of creatable followers. It's classic PvP to rebirth zombie Champion Trolls whereas Fo is limited to Champion Crocodiles. Now priests of Libila will likely still use zombie Champion Trolls but on the side, they'll be using these simulacrums alongside their enhanced CR bonus and reduced Stamina drain. The only benefit I can think Fo's holy sites might provide a PvPer is Sickle skill gain lol I would mention better horses because of the source seed crystal things but chances are every kingdom over here has at least one horsebreeder already who can make the best horses without the seeds.

So about the dyeing of carpets.. If I'm not mistaken, you could dye them before but you just had to use an AdaJack rune. Now they can be dyed using conventional dye.

Can we get the master cape dyable while we're at it? Kind of takes up quite a bit of visuals.

I'm talking about dyeable in general. With rune or conventional dye. Or both. Any.

Noticed a little typo in the game when dyeing a stack of multiple carpets. [22:27:26] After you finish dying you will start dying again.

This should actually be spelled "dyeing" though it was kinda funny.

Edited by Griffy
ironic typo
  • Like 3