Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Patch Notes 28-MAR-2023 discussion

7 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bug fix: The amount of moon metal from rummaging at a Magranon holy site has been reduced.

all two of the people showing up to mag holy sites gonna need some time after that one

• Cat 2

35 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

all two of the people showing up to mag holy sites

lol - there were a bunch there 1st day.

Thanks the updates o/

I noticed strange meditation pose  while riding on horse, just after the update.

plJvTd6.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ringhai said:

I noticed strange meditation pose  while riding on horse, just after the update.

Looks like fixed by another client update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

all two of the people showing up to mag holy sites gonna need some time after that one

After getting over 20kg of 95-100ql MM from a site I'd say this is pretty warranted lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bug fix: The amount of moon metal from rummaging at a Magranon holy site has been reduced.

Yikes. I was worried they would start balancing the Holy Sites by nerfing Mag rather than buffing the others. In my experience the Mag one was fine (and at least almost useful) The others are just so trash that it makes the Mag one seem too good. I see Holy Sites ending up as dead content. I don't think the rewards will be tempting enough to keep enough players to even fulfill their most basic addition to the game, that of being an impromptu makeshift sermon circle.

I got moon metal 4 times in an entire week at the Cadence Mag site. This was unhealthy levels of playtime too (12 hour days, rarely missing a single rummage) I don't see how that needed to be reduced.

EDIT: Annuile, you got 20kg of MM?!? How bad was my RNG..

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Holy site pulse messages are now alerts (in orange text) to better stand out in the event tab.

This is a great change though. Was desperately needed. I was getting tired of having to re-open my event log repeatedly so I could CTRL+F "pulse"

One of the first changes to already lackluster new content being a nerf is really bumming me out here lol.

Edited by Brozhen
addressing a new comment
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brozhen said:

Yikes. I was worried they would start balancing the Holy Sites by nerfing Mag rather than buffing the others. In my experience the Mag one was fine (and at least almost useful) The others are just so trash that it makes the Mag one seem too good. I see Holy Sites ending up as dead content. I don't think the rewards will be tempting enough to keep enough players to even fulfill their most basic addition to the game, that of being an impromptu makeshift sermon circle.

I got moon metal 4 times in an entire week at the Cadence Mag site. This was unhealthy levels of playtime too (12 hour days, rarely missing a single rummage) I don't see how that needed to be reduced.

EDIT: Annuile, you got 20kg of MM?!? How bad was my RNG..

This is a great change though. Was desperately needed. I was getting tired of having to re-open my event log repeatedly so I could CTRL+F "pulse"

One of the first changes to already lackluster new content being a nerf is really bumming me out here lol.

Completely understandable, and I think this is something that would best be handled with tracking and continued update until it reaches a healthy level. The ability to get 100ql lumps of **any type** from the site is already very powerful in my mind, and being able to get MM at the rate I was is pretty obscene. 

That being said, I very likely had very good RNG and I did have a couple characters at the site so that will skew it a bit. I've got hundreds of 100ql lumps now spread out across multiple types. That's pretty amazing loot from a holy site in return for praying and purifying.

I will continue to attend these sites religiously (heh) and stockpile this up even with reduced MM rates for sure. 

Edit: I also wholeheartedly agree that buffing the others to make them on par with how Mag was before would have been an amazing fix as well - But that's definitely more work and things to consider balancing for the team. I feel like the other are fairly "meh" overall, and would love to see them get some attention too!

Edited by Annuile

This update does not wish to co=operate  patch keeps failing (error:failed for META.INF/MANIFEST.MF)

Not using steam client

Posted here as it is likely to get seen by more  since its patch time  and may get a staff or community faster resolition :)

Edited by igSnarkin

I am getting the  META.INF?MANIFEST.MF error also 

6 minutes ago, Ebriel said:

I am getting the  META.INF?MANIFEST.MF error also 

me too over an hour and this 3 hours after this patch post

edit  it's patching now at least

Edited by validate

reminder for Steam users./  i find verify files first then let the update happen. then log in works.  without verifying  . it seems to be missing 2 files needed to update

I am not playing via Steam . . . . 

Still getting that error message

49 minutes ago, Ebriel said:

I am not playing via Steam . . . . 

Still getting that error message

ya main client works now. but steam still behind. this happens almost every time.  takes a bit. also verify files some times helps the patch work .   although this time still not working for my steam account

validated the files in steam twice and updated twice. the 2nd time took way longer and worked . in game now  both cleints   \o/

Edited by validate

16 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Holy site spawning should now heavily prioritize whichever type of holy site does not exist on that server for that particular deity. For example, if a Fo holy site is being spawned, and a Sampo exists on the server but not a Wishing Tree, it will be extremely unlikely to spawn a second Sampo, and extremely likely to spawn a Wishing Tree instead.

In Harmony we have 2 Otherworldly Monolith  now,  first one spawned :  A holy site of Magranon has been found and activated! 25/03/2023 01:56

and second one: A holy site of Magranon has been found and activated! Today at 02:54

As a vyn follower that went to both wellsprings of knowledge and akashic mirrors I can say it's not worth the bother at all. Kinda sad that vyn content for this holy sites thing is pointless, so far the content is meaningless for me. Too much effort to babysit a holy site for a supposed buff that's not properly explained.

16 hours ago, Annuile said:

Completely understandable, and I think this is something that would best be handled with tracking and continued update until it reaches a healthy level. The ability to get 100ql lumps of **any type** from the site is already very powerful in my mind, and being able to get MM at the rate I was is pretty obscene. 

That being said, I very likely had very good RNG and I did have a couple characters at the site so that will skew it a bit. I've got hundreds of 100ql lumps now spread out across multiple types. That's pretty amazing loot from a holy site in return for praying and purifying.

I will continue to attend these sites religiously (heh) and stockpile this up even with reduced MM rates for sure. 

Edit: I also wholeheartedly agree that buffing the others to make them on par with how Mag was before would have been an amazing fix as well - But that's definitely more work and things to consider balancing for the team. I feel like the other are fairly "meh" overall, and would love to see them get some attention too!

Definitely you had a good time, i've visited our Cadence site for almost 10 days total since the start and got 2 empyrean and only 1 moonmetal lump, while doing at least 50 rummages, most of them over 90 power and zero corruption, so maybe there's something more about the quantity of lumps you got, anyway i am still thinking that the weight of the lumps were excessive (and if they stayed so while reducing the chance to get them, is the wrong way to fix them): at this rate it's just better to go treasure hunting or getting MM from rifts, or plainly buy them, it's easier to get 3s by playing the game than waiting for the site to give you a stroke of luck and drop one lump.

To the devs, if you try to balance sites like that, definitely is the wrong thing to do: besides the attractiveness for priests and faith gain, there's not really that much to do to stick there for hours pretending to "play the game". We really need a reason to stick to them for such long times (without beign the afk camp it is already...if possible).

The data pool is still small of course but I've been running some numbers and I feel like it's still fairly on par and the change had more of an effect on the weight of the lumps rather than that rate we can obtain them. (Though, the change we notice will obviously have a bigger effect the smaller the original percentile was.)

Prior to the patch, using ~2500 pulls for reference the rates were as follows:

Iron/Lead/Copper/Zinc/Tin: 78.98%

Gold/Silver/Brass/Bronze/Steel: 15.64%

Empyrean: 3.25%

Seryll/Glimmersteel/Adamantine: 0.86%

Post patch the results aren't as built out, but currently from ~650 actions we're seeing these rates:

Iron/Lead/Copper/Zinc/Tin: 79.43%

Gold/Silver/Brass/Bronze/Steel: 15.82%

Empyrean: 4.27%

Seryll/Glimmersteel/Adamantine: 0.47%

With variance and the ever present RNG ~love~ it appears to have been cut by 50% - This is entirely manageable and accessible for something that is supposed to be an end-game metal not normally accessible except through special events, it appears to have been directly added to the Empyrean rate as well, which is a win for me, the new metal is *gorgeous*. What really sticks out however, is the amount that the weight of the Moonmetal lumps were reduced. Every other metal you receive it at 5x it's regular weight and still do - This used to be similar for moonmetals as well, receiving 2.50KG of Seryll, 1KG of Adamantine and Glimmersteel. Now however, it looks like you receive them at 0.5x regular lump size. (0.20kg of Glim/Ada, 0.50kg of Seryll)

Ultimately I think it's a great move, but with getting only 0.5/0.2kg weight lumps now, it may have been moved back too far. I feel like a healthy medium would be to receive full sized lumps at a reduced weight personally. This will become **especially** important once the increased spawn rates drops as there will be less incentive for individuals to participate in the new event and set up camp. 

Edited by Annuile
  • Like 1

If I understand the Otherworldly Monolith right, it is one rummage per a pulse per a premium toon. Let's say you had 10 premium toons doing rummages for 18 hours a day for two weeks.

10 toons / hour * 1 rummage / toon * 18 h / day * 7 days / week * 2 weeks = 2520 rummages.

I think it's dangerous to be focusing on such an extreme level of play. Wurm is so afraid of the actions taken by a power-gaming play style they have made the feature useless to a player who show's up with one toon and plays for a few hours. I would prefer elitists are nerfed or limited so casual gamers can get the same benefits regardless how many hours are played. Given that Wurm doesn't want to use Real Identity Variation services I don't see any way to deal with alts.