Sign in to follow this  
TaiKee

Elemental Immunity did not work against lava

My friends had dug an fairly deep hole which I had travelled down the day before to turn the tile into lava.  My character, Taikee had walked slowly into the hole, slipped the last bit, put my elemental immunity on - cast  Erupt and then climbed out no issue.

Tonight, I went back to freeze the node.  Cast elemental immunity first, climbed down, slipped the last bit, and immediately started burning then died since I had a broken foot and was then looking to see if I had cast my spell (I had), it also then wore off the appropriate time later.  However this time, it didn't protect me.

p.s. leaving your corpse on lava is a panicky feeling.  😜

Edited by TaiKee

Elemental Immunity doesnt prevent burns from getting worse. Maybe it doesnt prevent regular wounds from turning into burns?

If that were the case, then I would have died the first night as well, as I was also damaged then.  The only difference being the first night I hurt myself and then cast? Order counts here maybe?

The mechanism does only protect when already in place once lava damage starts. It does not prevent damage in process.

Ok, so despite having elemental immunity on before going onto the lava, the fact I was injured beforehand with a broken foot before I stepped onto it meant I was going to die no matter what.  I will never be able to use this feature during rifts for defence then.  Makes it a fairly useless feature if it only protects you at full health.

Edited by TaiKee