Idlamn

Bunny ears? >_>

12 hours ago, Emoo said:

Let me tell you all about a quick short story of a game that is clearly fantasy, has magic, weird and wonderful creatures, vibrantly aggressively colored objects, a mish mash of technologies and is set in an entirely made up location and time.

Which now finds it's self having one of it's regular seasonal events where Santa, Easter bunny, Valentines Day or Halloween features. And has in the past given us such immersion adhering items such as Singing gnomes that would steal items, Skeletons that make copious puns, Magical Snowmen that generate snowballs, Lanterns made of snowballs, Reindeer that sparkle, Shoulder pads made of Pumpkin and Cages complete with their very own immortal bat pet. 

But this year the Player base while searching for berries in the grass stumble upon a Basket and a message for help from the Easter Bunny letting the player know they've fallen and can't get up. All accompanied with a watercolor map. After following the eerily accurate map, they dig up a perfectly preserved corpse of the Easter bunny who obviously died after their fall and not being able to get up (but was able to hurl the Basket several hundred meters away as a cry for help). Upon this corpse the players find colored eggs and a pair of wearable bunny ears. 

"MY IMMERENSE" the player base collectively cries out in anguish as they place the Bunny ears upon their head and ride home on their Hell Horses, Unicorns, Giant Weta's and Champion Crocodiles determined to write a angry forum message. 

The End.

---

Seriously though, this thread has been very entertaining - thanks for the laughs!  

I think you may have completely missed the point - and it is always easy ridicule your own made up version of what someone else said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I think you may have completely missed the point - and it is always easy ridicule your own made up version of what someone else said.

To be clear, you're entitled to your own opinion about what you like and what you don't and you're allowed to vocalize that opinion. The rabbit ears aren't something that I personally will choose to wear on my characters. But I do find it pretty amusing when people pretend that in our made up world there's some kind of objective standard about what can be in the game and what can't in our regularly silly fantasy world. 

Just as you're entitled to your opinion that bunny ears aren't something that should exist in the game. I'm also entitled to my opinion that it's actually pretty funny that THIS is the straw that broke the "immersion" camel's back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Simyaci said:

Medieval/PreMedieval Custom Skins - Enabled, Medieval/PreMedieval Fantasy Custom Skins - Enabled, Pure Fantasy Custom Skins - Disabled, Steampunk Custom Skins - Disabled, Holiday Custom Skins - Disabled, Wurm Lore Specific Fantasy Skins - Enabled. Options - Saved. Problem solved. 

Not enough. I think we need to continue associative series.

Medieval/PreMedieval Custom Skins - Enabled, Medieval/PreMedieval Fantasy Custom Skins - Enabled, Pure Fantasy Custom Skins - Disabled, Steampunk Custom Skins - Disabled, Holiday Custom Skins - Disabled, Wurm Lore Specific Fantasy Skins - Enabled...

...Xianxia skins - Enabled, Star War Skins - Enabled, Barbie World Skins - Enabled, Warhammer 40000 Skins - Enabled, Mechwarrior Skins - Enabled, No Man's Sky Skins - Enabled, Hello Kitty Skins - Enabled, My little Pony Skins - Enabled, Cyberpunk  Skins - Enabled, Postapocalypse Skins - Enabled, Super Mario Skins - Enabled, Pokemon Skins - Enabled .... All Skins - Enabled.

Why not? Maybe someone will like some of this. He has the right!

P.S. Oh! I almost forgot, we also need Simpsons Skins!

Edited by Dao

38 minutes ago, Dao said:

Medieval/PreMedieval Custom Skins - Enabled, Medieval/PreMedieval Fantasy Custom Skins - Enabled, Pure Fantasy Custom Skins - Disabled, Steampunk Custom Skins - Disabled, Holiday Custom Skins - Disabled, Wurm Lore Specific Fantasy Skins - Enabled...

...Xianxia skins - Enabled, Star War Skins - Enabled, Barbie World Skins - Enabled, Warhammer 40000 Skins - Enabled, Mechwarrior Skins - Enabled, No Man's Sky Skins - Enabled, Hello Kitty Skins - Enabled, My little Pony Skins - Enabled, Cyberpunk  Skins - Enabled, Postapocalypse Skins - Enabled, Super Mario Skins - Enabled, Pokemon Skins - Enabled .... All Skins - Enabled.

This but unironically 

6 hours ago, Emoo said:

To be clear, you're entitled to your own opinion about what you like and what you don't and you're allowed to vocalize that opinion. The rabbit ears aren't something that I personally will choose to wear on my characters. But I do find it pretty amusing when people pretend that in our made up world there's some kind of objective standard about what can be in the game and what can't in our regularly silly fantasy world. 

Just as you're entitled to your opinion that bunny ears aren't something that should exist in the game. I'm also entitled to my opinion that it's actually pretty funny that THIS is the straw that broke the "immersion" camel's back.

The fact that a few people keeps saying that there's no standard, while there are pictures with written in it such standard, publicized to be one of the features of the game, is even more amusing, as much as those saying that breaking immersion is not such an important thing, when someone posted data about breaking immerion and hy is bad from a game design standpoint.

After all those people are the same that are trying to ridiculize others arguments, a typical behaviour for those who shows egocentric and arrogant behaviours but have very little arguments themselves besides logical fallacies.

I think at this point of discussion it will be just better to move away from arguments wich are not objective, just so we all do not look like idiots, or toddlers.

A few options for easter things that could be added to the game, that will also have an impact over skills and will be "mostly" game themed too:

- easter bunny drops recipe for chocolate egg
- we get a wrapping paper that we can dye in  colours, can be made in like 4 decorations
- craft easter egg from chocolate egg+ wrapping paper.

this combo will make use of cooking, alchemy and papermaking skills, the latter making easier to skill cartography too, helping the new features added lately, also may be easy to make the egg a special affinity food that may give like 15% more skill instead of 10%, or something like this.

I'd like also to remember that iirc the last ten years the easter event was always the same...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dao said:

Pokemon skins for animals? Yes please 

1 hour ago, Rauros said:

After all those people are the same that are trying to ridiculize others arguments, a typical behaviour for those who shows egocentric and arrogant behaviours but have very little arguments themselves besides logical fallacies.

that statement is multiple fallacies in itself, although there's like 5 billion fallacies every statement ends up being a fallacy, even pointing out fallacies in an argument is a fallacy in itself

everyone that attempted to have reasonable discussion just got hit with the same three people saying "no you're wrong for not hating it like i do" like a week ago my man

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rauros said:

The fact that a few people keeps saying that there's no standard, while there are pictures with written in it such standard, publicized to be one of the features of the game, is even more amusing, as much as those saying that breaking immersion is not such an important thing, when someone posted data about breaking immerion and hy is bad from a game design standpoint.

I think at this point of discussion it will be just better to move away from arguments wich are not objective, just so we all do not look like idiots, or toddlers.

A few options for easter things that could be added to the game, that will also have an impact over skills and will be "mostly" game themed too:

- easter bunny drops recipe for chocolate egg
- we get a wrapping paper that we can dye in  colours, can be made in like 4 decorations
- craft easter egg from chocolate egg+ wrapping paper.

this combo will make use of cooking, alchemy and papermaking skills, the latter making easier to skill cartography too, helping the new features added lately, also may be easy to make the egg a special affinity food that may give like 15% more skill instead of 10%, or something like this.

I'd like also to remember that iirc the last ten years the easter event was always the same...

Having a subjective opinion even when shared with other people does not turn it into a objective fact. 

That said, it is my subjective opinion that people thinking it does (especially when talking about logical fallacies) is VERY amusing. 

• Like 1

And you can see both again charging with the same phrase: "an opinion is not a fact", ignoring the facts that were given. Those that tried to have a reasonable discussion, like i did in the second part of my post, were just ignored because that's the only way some people here behave from start.

It is NOT subjective that the game is portrayed as to be medieval themed and with a certain level of immersion, as we can see in various places publicizing wurm
It is NOT subjective that more and more stuff not in theme with the game was added and that recently the number of such items increased noticeably, like in the last year were added probably more such items that there were already in up to last year
It is NOT subjective that disrupting immersion in a game is a thing that have bad consequences on the players, as pointed by others with professional experience.

You cannot debate facts, so you revert to insult others arguments, and in fact

9 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

everyone that attempted to have reasonable discussion just got hit with the same three people saying "no you're wrong for not hating it like i do" like a week ago my man

point me, if you can, where those having your point of view tried to have a "reasonable discussion" wich won't be "i like that stuff and i think more should be added because they're fun"...that's not discussing, those are just statements.

As an example, THIS is a statement, as you pointed out correctly, so nothing to do with a discussion, is asserting a certain point of view: i find amusing people that believe they're discussing, when they're not.

"The fact that a few people keeps saying that there's no standard, while there are pictures with written in it such standard, publicized to be one of the features of the game, is even more amusing, as much as those saying that breaking immersion is not such an important thing, when someone posted data about breaking immerion and hy is bad from a game design standpoint."

Edited by Rauros
  • Like 5

my view is that the bunny ears look dumb as ######, idk why you think i share their view i'm just pointing out that anyone that discussed it with the angry people who are posting over and over figured out they're talking to brick walls and stopped bothering and the forum mods ended up deleting the thread entirely. assuming anyone who doesn't instantly support you is firmly against you is typical behaviour for a certain group too, maybe you know which

bunny ears aren't even in the top 5 for immersion breaking skins, the long bow skin is a asiatic bow which sure aint a longbow and there's no asian characters in the game to get asian styled bow designs from and the medium bow skin is a literal long bow, the large mauls are sledgehammers and would be too unwieldy to fight with, the goat and stag helms is basically the viking horned helmet myth, there's a literal candy cane skin, the scythe and sickle would be horrible weapons with their current models to fight with and they end up being equal or better to actual weapons, people bringing up that wurm has non-wow looking realistic weapons and the bunny ears makes the game like wow and yet

200px-Large_Axe.png e3bfc3c2fe46f63177ad9ff25884aa95.png

looks like we're already wow because we have similar unrealistic looking weapons

people aren't saying "i like immersion breaking things" they're saying "wurm has never shied away from this before" and wearing a pair of ears is no more unrealistic than wearing the face of a troll or rift beast or dual wielding a sickle that'd snap within a minute of fighting someone and a two headed axe. if immersion is important there's so much more pressing matters that take you out of the game compared to seeing animal parts being worn which has been a thing for basically all of time, maybe druids in wurm believe bunnies have special powers who knows that's immersive and lore friendly now

• Like 4

@Oblivionnreaver i have an idea on why you say things differently than what stated by the devs themselves about the shutdown of the "other discussion" in the other section, but anyway i think the important element is just this: you are trying to shift that point into supporting your vision, because devs said explicitly why they cancelled it, it's because that section do not support that kind of discussion (and i agreed in another place about that).
Let's go to your point here: "
my view is that the bunny ears look dumb as ######, idk why you think i share their view"

Your first contribution into this discussion was this level: "seeing as people cut off rabbits feet and kept them as a charm a headband made out of their ears doesn't seem far fetched, im not sure of any superstitions about carrying tank parts with you however"

This clearly states that you share the point of view that is NOT that non-themed skins and items are not a problem at all, wich you proceeded up here to further stating, since there are other items in your pov that are more immersion breaking because not historically accurate, or at least this is what i believe you tried to expose...wich indeed is another level entirely, because there's no need to say that a totally different genre is not only "historically unaccurate", wich none pretended from this game, medieval theme fits perfectly with asian or middle-east themes in the same period of time, unless you also want to try and further the point into "what is medieval too" in an attemp to granularize the point to the level it's impossible to discuss.

people aren't saying "i like immersion breaking things" they're saying

This is just you assuming what other people want to say, that's even less than an opinion and not worth discussing at all: i could just say "no, people say this is just saying they want to see flying cars and laspistols in the game because they like shitty games".

Finally two points: first, the point you quoted from my post the first time was an unquoted answer to another post, that you transferred out of context, making it almost without meaning, and believe me, maintaining a behaviour in an attemp to ridiculize others in a discussion won't give you or the other guy i was answering, any good, it shows just that you believe it's good to do that because certainly the other part is "hating".

second: i see you still do "not agree" that immersion is important, this tells a lot after people wanting the meaningful discussions you asked for, spoke exactly about that and said clearly that immersion IS both a thing that can be clearly singled out and IS important in game developing, but i see you keep going against that statement with " if immersion is important there's so much more pressing matters"...

Either you did not read that post, or you did not understood it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rauros said:

It is NOT subjective that the game is portrayed as to be medieval themed and with a certain level of immersion, as we can see in various places publicizing wurm
It is NOT subjective that more and more stuff not in theme with the game was added and that recently the number of such items increased noticeably, like in the last year were added probably more such items that there were already in up to last year
It is NOT subjective that disrupting immersion in a game is a thing that have bad consequences on the players, as pointed by others with professional experience.

It is your opinion that the game is Medieval theme'd, it is my opinion that the game is generic fantasy with no adherence to a particular time in human history. A quick to example of one of the many reasons of why I have that opinion can be demonstrated with boats in the game:
- Rowboats originate around 5800BC
- Sailboats were around 4000BC
- Knarrs were around 8th century
- Corbita's were around 200CE
- Cogs were around the 10th century
- Caravels were the 13th century
(dates may be off by a few hundred years here and there but doesn't need to be 100% accurate for my point to be valid).

It is your opinion that things added to the game don't match the theme. But ultimately your perception and mine are clearly different meaning it's subjective. 

We agree that adding immersion breaking items to the game will have consequences but the difference is that we have different ideas of what the fantasy world of Wurm allows. You seem to perceive Wurm as a Medieval theme'd simulator. I perceive Wurm as a Fantasy game with magic, mishmashed technology, giant mythical creatures with inspiration taken from many different ages. Which given there is lots of examples of different cultures wearing clothing inspired by or featuring parts of animals throughout human history some bunny ears is hardly a ridiculous idea which is miles away from your hyperbole of adding flying cars or laser pistols. 

Hopefully this makes sense! I understand it can sometimes be hard to understand that the way we view things is not always reality or fact and open to different perspectives. 

• Like 4

People A preceive this game is fantasy and medieval theme'd, People B preseive this game is fantasy theme'd with no adherence to a particular time in human history. They are just opinions on how they preceive this game and opinions are subjective.

People B dont have to preceive this game is fantasy and medieval theme'd because people A preceive this game differently. Versa vice, People A dont have to preceive this game is fantasy theme'd with no adherence to a particular time in human history because people B preceive this game differently.

People A and B didn't do anything wrong.

The point is the team wrote a newbie article that i read from day 1 said it is a fantasy, medieval games with a sharp, red sealing wax.
They said "The world of Wurm Online is based on a medieval setting."

You are not wrong to preceive wurm online is fantasy theme'd with no adherence to a particular time in human history, even though the team stated a fact that "The world of Wurm Online is based on a medieval setting."
Because it is an opinion to preceive wurm online is fantasy theme'd with no adherence to a particular time in human history. And opinion is subjective.

However, your opinion about "no adherence to a particular time in human history" is not matching with the setting of wurm which is on a medieval setting.

Then wurm have to review what they have done to make people to preceive something like that.

And "The world of Wurm Online is based on a medieval setting." is an up-to-date, factual, unbiased, and opinion-free information.
It tells people that it is a fact that wurm online is based on a particular time setting in human history. Your opinions are yours but a fact is a fact.

BYczQWP.png

On 4/8/2023 at 11:09 PM, Coach said:
  On 1/18/2022 at 7:06 PM, Coach said:
  Hide contents

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Your_first_days_in_Wurm_Online
(This article has been reviewed by Wurmpedia staff and has been accepted to contain up-to-date, factual, unbiased and opinion-free information. Consider this the seal of approval!)
Can I see my current location on the map?
The world of Wurm Online is based on a medieval setting, so there is no such thing as a GPS! Thus, you cannot see your current location on an in-game map. The challenge of finding out where you currently are is an interesting part of the game experience. Use the community map and try to find a landmark or a settlement close to you, then try to identify it on the map. Or talk to other players around you and ask them where you are.
(from Wurmpedia Staff last edited on 19 June 2021)

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Your_first_days_in_Wurm_Online

The page was last edited on 24 February 2023. Still the same sentences.

On 4/8/2023 at 6:15 AM, Fraskesa said:

You create a sort of invisible contract with a player once they see the game trailer or description for the first time. Saying it's Mideaval means they expect Mideaval designs and environment.

Edited by Coach
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Rauros said:

This clearly states that you share the point of view that is NOT that non-themed skins and items are not a problem at all

no it says that it's not unreasonable for people to wear animal parts. it's funny that two lines above you take the devs word as to why they closed it as gospel yet you're happy to attribute meaning to sentences and change their meaning all of a sudden

medieval theme fits perfectly with asian or middle-east themes in the same period of time

an asiatic recurve bow isn't a longbow, and a longbow isn't a medium bow. cherry picking things you think are better to argue. same period of time isn't relevant when the cultures never met, the chinese had primitive gunpowder weapons before they met europeans missionaries so if it's just time based we'd be allowed to have firelances and didgeridoos, but they'd be horribly out of place in the setting

This is just you assuming what other people want to say, that's even less than an opinion and not worth discussing at all:

you do this in every single post

i see you still do "not agree" that immersion is important

not my opinion, this is you assuming again. i said there's plenty of things that are way more immersion breaking than bunny ears

it's a pair of bunny ears, it's literally nothing. there is nothing to say that it's impossible for someone in a medieval era to kill a rabbit, preserve their ears and affix it to a helmet, and no-one is able to say how it's not period accurate. there is documented proof of people in the medieval era killing animals, preserving their parts and using them as fashion or part of rituals. of all the skins it's not in the top 5 for immersion breaking. it's not in the top 5 for immersion breaking event skins/items either. you're hyper-fixating on one skin and not seeing the forest for the trees because there's literally hundreds of things more immersion breaking in the game. "i don't like it" doesn't mean it's immersion breaking, but if you enjoy arguing for dozens of posts on the forums you do you

7 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you do this in every single post

So when you do is all fine, and when others do is not okay.

it's a pair of bunny ears, it's literally nothing. 

But we spoke about a lot of other stuff in the game since the post opening, and you still trying to divert the argument to "only bunny ears". Why? 

Why others opinons does not matter but you keep saying things like this

it's not in the top 5 for immersion breaking event skins/items either

and think it's fine? Stop shifting the focus of the discussion from thematically appropriate items to just bunny ears, at this point is only you doing so, and honestly, this discussion is already gone too far with that, there's nothing added from you, move on please, you are just wrong in saying me (or others) are hyperfixating with ears when it is YOU that are like that, i probably have spoke about those maybe once or twice in the whole discussion, starting from the original post in the patch notes.
If you think that immersion is a problem, then okay, move forward into a certain direction. Since almost everyone in this discussion that believe certain items have to be limited in quantity, spoke about the number of such items, can we agree both that adding more and more of those items can snowball into an immersion problem?

From this point, we maybe can debate of what is thematically appropriate and use categorization to estabilish what items may or may not ruin the immersion, but that is another level into the discussion some of the people writing here must step into, because they're not on the same level now.

• Like 1

It's always had fantasy stuff in it though, since the beginning. There isn't anything to debate really. Some people have a subjective opinion that they don't like the cosmetics. Others do like them or at least don't care either way (me). 

In the same way I can't debate you around cabbage stew being disgusting, you can't really debate around these cosmetics being objectively bad or against the theme since fantasy has always been part of the setting, regardless of what wiki entry you want to post or appeals to real-life you fancy doing. If you don't LIKE them, that's fine I guess. That's your opinion.

Edited by Zundy
Typo

24 minutes ago, Rauros said:

So when you do is all fine, and when others do is not okay.

it's fine to do assuming no malice was intended, it's weird to say it's worth less than an opinion when you do repetitively as if it's worth posting all of a sudden

But we spoke about a lot of other stuff in the game since the post opening, and you still trying to divert the argument to "only bunny ears".

the thread is named bunny ears, i'm not going to a super depth analysis of a week of godawful posts from the same few people to get a % of bunny ears vs non bunny ears but the vast majority are about bunny ears and bunny ears are the subject matter. if you're trying to shift the discussion away that would be derailing the thread and would be better off making your own thread

and think it's fine?

never said that its fine

Since almost everyone in this discussion that believe certain items have to be limited in quantity, spoke about the number of such items, can we agree both that adding more and more of those items can snowball into an immersion problem?

the forums is an extremely loud, extremely small minority of the playerbase and isn't indicative of the playerbase at large. roughly 30 people have commented from a quick skim, and around half of those either disagree or think "i don't care but an option to toggle is fine" which isn't really supporting the idea or disagreeing with it, so that's a bold claim.

29 minutes ago, Rauros said:

From this point, we maybe can debate of what is thematically appropriate and use categorization to estabilish what items may or may not ruin the immersion, but that is another level into the discussion some of the people writing here must step into, because they're not on the same level now.

that would be new thread territory as it's completely unrelated to the original suggestion post

• Like 1

All this anime fight is unnecessary if we are going to get options to disable and enable skins by category anyways, which seems to be the best middle ground. Some people might argue that everyone should be forced to see the skin they worked or paid for but people who enjoy seeing the same kind of skins will still see them anyways. That's what matters in the end. Showing off to people who actually like seeing what you want to show off. Someone who would rather not have ultra rare rainbow bunny ears in the game won't care that you spent months trying to work your way to getting it. Show off to people who appreciate the kind of stuff you appreciate. Most people will have them all enabled anyways, given the option.

There are few people arguing for the sanctity of Wurm's medieval realism like their lives depend on it. I think everybody can agree that there is a silent majority so it is impossible to tell what percentage is represented by people arguing here for one opinion or another. The best solution would be to just give people the freedom to see what they like to see and keep the artist's freedom to make the kind of art they enjoy to make. It is called Freedom Isles so it is only fitting. 

• Like 2

what's the point to buy a skin in online game if you cant show it to others

• Like 1

Oooooh, sooo cute. I really like thise I am so special memes, silly gifs and goofy videos, 20 years later.

On 4/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, Coach said:

The point is the team wrote a newbie article that i read from day 1 said it is a fantasy, medieval games with a sharp, red sealing wax.

Valid point, though I contest that a quick look reveals that this appears to be the only "medieval" claim by anyone on the team. Which is on the Wikipedia which is often written by non staff and (occasionally) reviewed and rubber stamped by Wiki staff who are volunteers and often extremely far removed from any real content implementation. Given that Wurm does not brand itself as "medieval" on it's own website or platforms such as Steam. I'd suggest this is likely an overlooked error or given Wurm does have some medieval theming not incorrect enough to bother changing.  

HOWEVER even IF Wurm Branded it's self as officially "medieval" it doesn't change the fact it also brands it's self as "Fantasy" (which you can actually find on the Website and Steam as branded statements) the game can add influences outside of medieval era alone from different times and imagination. At which point we circle back to subjective argument of whether "Bunny Ears" are thematic to the game which I think is ultimately really funny. 

9 hours ago, Emoo said:

Valid point, though I contest that a quick look reveals that this appears to be the only "medieval" claim by anyone on the team.

On 10/6/2016 at 12:34 AM, Ostentatio said:

It's a kingdom-based medieval PvP game, it's a crafting game, it's a sandbox, it's an exploration and survival(ish) game...

From a current developer in 2023. The newbie article is not the only "medieval" claim from the team.

Spoiler
On 1/18/2022 at 7:06 PM, Coach said:

https://twitter.com/wurmonline/status/1301497350519689218

Ever consider yourself an undiscovered writer of medieval sandbox fan-fiction? Well, now's your chance! Grab your quill and get writing for our awesome competition and get the chance to win premium time!
(from Former Community Relations Manager)

https://twitter.com/KatsPurr_/status/1425090986884145161

Almost 8 years of playing medieval #sandboxMMO #WurmOnline and still haven't explored every nook and cranny? Let's fix that today with our weekly Wurm Roulette! 
@wurmonline#Vstreamer #Vtuber
(from Current Art Developer)

https://twitter.com/KatsPurr_/status/1432715982645170181

A shrine on top of a mountain. A private island. An underground city. It's all possible in medieval sandbox MMO #WurmOnline. Let's set out to explore these wonders that players have made in yet another weekly Wurm Roulette #LiveStream! 
@wurmonline#Vtuber
(from Current Art Developer)

the Current Art Developer change to Former Art Developer

9 hours ago, Emoo said:

Which is on the Wikipedia which is often written by non staff and (occasionally) reviewed and rubber stamped by Wiki staff who are volunteers and often extremely far removed from any real content implementation.

The article is for newbie to read, the first impression of wurm, do u really think that this article is extremely far removed from real content implementation?
This newbie article which talked about "medieval" is reviewed by staffs. U mentioned a fact that the Wurmpedia is often written by non-staff, so what?

The fact is that the staff declared they have make sure that this newbie article is up-to-date, factual, unbiased, and opinion-free information, a seal of approval. In other words, the staff approved the newbie article is a real content even if it was written by non-staff.
Volunteer is still a staff, presenting what is wurm to us. https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/4976-wurm-online-staff-directory/

Spoiler

BYczQWP.png

9 hours ago, Emoo said:

HOWEVER even IF Wurm Branded it's self as officially "medieval" it doesn't change the fact it also brands it's self as "Fantasy" (which you can actually find on the Website and Steam as branded statements) the game can add influences outside of medieval era alone from different times and imagination. At which point we circle back to subjective argument of whether "Bunny Ears" are thematic to the game which I think is ultimately really funny.

Oh?, yah yah yah. Even IF Wurm Branded it's self as officially "fantasy" it doesn't change the fact it also brands it's self as "Sandbox" (which you can actually find on the Website and Steam as branded statements) the game can add influences outside of fantasy alone from different times and imagination.
Imagination, life is your creation. Come on ......, let's go party. Ah, ah, ah, yeah. Come on ......, let's go party. Ooh, ooh. "Non-fantasy" imcoming!

Edited by Coach
  • Like 4

I, the human controlled by the player Blazecraze, exist within Wurm lore.
The human I control exists within the world.

I make large piles of bricks and leave them about the place.
I run around screaming about dragons and kyklops.
I hunt down wild cats and dogs to beat to death with my fists, screaming about how I one day hope to beat a gorilla in unarmed combat.
I wear entire purple cloth with a purple glow rune on my belt - so at night when I ride you just see a big cloud of purple light.
My home is coloured purple once my lanterns light up - blindingly so.

Within the context of the world of Wurm, on the Island known as Deliverance, lives a mad Brickmaker that surrounds himself in a strong purple glow, mutters about mystical creatures and beats easily domesticated animals to death with his fist. - if Wagoners were said to exist within the world, they would spread rumours of the purple lit fortress with the sound of chisels working day in and out - nothing but shards entering and bricks leaving.

If what I can achieve as a player character is just as ridiculous as what the concept of having bunny ears as an item, then bunny ears fit within the game - even if I am personally not a fan of joke cosmetics as I do believe Wurm is a medieval themed sandbox adventure and I do highly value how 'realistic' it looks compared to most games. 

Edited by Blazecraze
spel mustkez
  • Like 1