Sign in to follow this  
Snoo

Is wurm worth coming back too?

Hey all,

some older guys know me, played on and off since MR release on what was called Wilds (now chaos)

Was around for MR home, all Northern home server releases, all Epic releases and all Southern Freedom releases.

I guess my question is, is it actually worth coming back too?

All servers are old, alot of rebuildings over old buildings nothing is really 'fresh'.  Can't trade for real cash anymore, many old characters have insane stats and most maps 2 years+ of age.

I guess what I'm asking is how would you sell the game to either a returning or new player, if eveything seems stale?

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

5 minutes ago, Snoo said:

Hey all,

some older guys know me, played on and off since MR release on what was called Wilds (now chaos)

Was around for MR home, all Northern home server releases, all Epic releases and all Southern Freedom releases.

All servers are old, alot of rebuildings over old buildings nothing is really 'fresh'.  Can't trade for real cash anymore, many old characters have insane stats and most maps 2 years+ of age.

I guess what I'm asking is how would you sell the game to either a returning or new player, if eveything seems stale?

Hi snoo, i remember you somehow, probably from some rift/unique hunting.

Game is actually alive enough especially in the steam servers, even if the maps are a bit crowded so maybe another new map could be nice to have (wurm actually may need to reset some of the older servers if low on players? but is a bit against wurm essence so no idea). There is mostly new staff wich seems better and more caring that the older ones, and a LOT of new things to do already in game and coming, so why not?

I came back recently and i found it's worth, so we wait you to get back asap!

• Like 1

Wurm is always waiting. Its always good time to come back!

Old friends :P I restarted on NFI to meet up with the remnants of my old group and its been great, people are what makes wurm for me.

Heh, we used to have a Snoo in our group back on SFI many years ago last seen on our big ole Xana island deed 🤔

Edited by Crack

I think 'worth' is subjective, and no one can really tell you if it is worth it - for you.

I'm also an old player, and recently returned, and I'm incredibly glad I did. The new treasure maps are fun, there's a new (to me) skill of cartography, the community hasn't really changed that much on SFI, and NFI is super populated.

I found the opposite to be true re: 'fresh' - it feels fresh to me, with new graphics for a ton of things, wall fountains, new traits on animals, new animals, new rugs, new skins, the loyalty/premium point system where you can purchase things, materials being made from different items (slate forge?), pet bowls, etc. 

I was away long enough that even the UI changes (repeat, default action, etc) are still 'new' to me, and they're such a relief after the old way of doing things. 

A lot of old players have moved on, but there's still some around too. In the end, you'll really just have to decide for yourself what 'worth it' means for you personally. For me, the answer would be absolutely yes, it is completely worth it. :) YMMV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoo said:

is it actually worth coming back too?

U cannnot have any awareness about anything today except aware its April the first.

2 hours ago, Snoo said:

how would you sell the game to either a returning or new player

The zombies only aware they actually are zombies on April the first. And the zombies eat "fresh".

Edited by Coach

4 hours ago, Snoo said:

Hey all,

How are old players or the existence of roads a problem?..

Base game is there, you deed something, build, and spend your time however you like, pve/pvp, grind, fight, explore and pillage fallen places, all the un/usual gameplays are still there.

5 hours ago, Snoo said:

wurm

Come on back home.

Worm is waiting.

Spoiler

I legit have no idea how to sell it to you. It sounds like you're in two minds, like there's something there you want to return to but there's also the stuff you mentioned holding you away. The game is so large it's kinda hard to know what you have and haven't done.

Never really know what might catch your fancy or eye when you return. Just come on back and ride the wave and see if something sticks.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Snoo said:

no

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snoo said:

If you want to play on PVE, its same boring as before.

If you want to do some PVP its worse than before.

Answer is  NO

• Like 1

I can't speak for the newer servers, but there's still untouched land on Independence after all these years.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Schiann said:

I can't speak for the newer servers, but there's still untouched land on Independence after all these years.

worst mountain peaks and terrible terrain far from coast, etc.. XD

untouched ground is overrated

Huge areas of Xanadu still untouched.

Lots of new content, depends upon what you like doing tbh.

PVP still fun

Wurm still fun

Like always it's how fun you make the game yourself

• Like 1

I never understand the issue with the maps not being "fresh". Several years ago we moved to Indy from lagadu. I still remember the day we picked our spot. There was some flat coast and some dirt ramps. Some old paving. 

Years later, with probably a million dirt, hundred thousands of shards of surface mining. Erupting to tweak clifts. The difference makes it impossible to recognize. 

I doubt any of the six previous deeds in that spot could recognize it by pictures. Really wish we had screen capped it before settling.

With archeology I find ancient Indy way more exciting than a new fresh server would be. It is all new to me, what's the difference between being the first explorer ot the thousandth? Other than I get to do arch and find interesting ruins, where the first guy found grass that hadn't been flattened and no paving?

As for wurm itself. If you like the game play and enjoy actually feeling like you accomplish something real, as real as a video game is. You can't find anything that really compares to wurm, trust me I've looked.

Feck I'm to old to be typing this much on a freaking phone. Lol if you want to come back. Stop by the Shadowhold on Indy. We will get you a care package and spare you a bed til you find your great adventure.

Wurm is waiting.

• Like 3

Just came back after 7+ years and the game sure looks and runs a damn sight better than it used to. UI is slicker, too.

• Like 4

Make a alt and walk around and see , only then can you know .

Snoooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come back!

Wurm is Wurm and has been for a long time, as an old player you know excatly what you be comming back to. you miss the the opening of new lands that got released with steam, 

I got a feeling that it will be a very long time if at all a oportunity like that will come around again, still tons of places in the playground that other kids aint playing on atm.

Just read up on whats new since you last played, Wurm is def moving in the right direction.

Excellent to see the original Snoo.  Yes, wurm is always waiting, it's worth coming back.

• Like 1