Sign in to follow this  
Simyaci

Flying Magical Carpets

Today's April Fools joke flying carpets were pretty nice so I thought it would be great if we had them permanently. 

- Crafted by cloth tailoring and through the use of a carpet, several alloys, gems and a stargem

- Imped as any other cloth item

- Speed based on QL

- WoA/BotD Bonus

- QL loss through use (fast enough to make cloth imping them a necessity and rarity ideal) 

- Slightly slower at its highest potential than a horse with speed equipment on its highest potential

- Kept in Inventory

- Massive Combat Penalty

- Can't pass over water

- Doesn't function as a container

Etc.

• Cat 1

Sorry but NO, as any other movement implement you should have to BREED them... We should need to craft a carpet coop where they breed, give them wool and cotton to eat, look at their carpet eggs to hatch, and try them not interbreed or you get weird colour carpets wich fly upside-down.

• Like 1

Maybe if enchant would make it flying carpet. power would decay fast on use so that maybe would need to recast every 1-3 days if you use it whole day. 
Or only meditation path 15+ could use them

31 minutes ago, chefpeewe said:

Pour a yellow potion on it to make it fly ? 

That's a very good idea

It starts with flying carpets and soon we have flying broom and spirit in the lamp thats grant you 3 wishes

this is a -1 from me, i like that its an event thing as for me i want to keep magic to a minimum.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

It starts with flying carpets and soon we have flying broom and spirit in the lamp thats grant you 3 wishes

this is a -1 from me, i like that its an event thing as for me i want to keep magic to a minimum.

There is already a lot of magic and more is getting added like holy sites. Flying Brooms would be great. What skill would it use? Toymaking? 

Priesting gives a little more to wurm, but i dont think flying carpets etc has anything to do in wurm. Would also hurt breeding which is a big part of wurm.

Pretty sure it wont be added either.

5 hours ago, Stinboi said:

Priesting gives a little more to wurm, but i dont think flying carpets etc has anything to do in wurm. Would also hurt breeding which is a big part of wurm.

Pretty sure it wont be added either.

I know it would hurt breeding and that is why I suggested it should have disadvantages such as massive combat penalty and be hard to make and maintain in comparison. 

I'll take a hard pass on flying carpets after being forced to ride one (my horse) over the last 36 hours. Besides, those are so far from the spirit of the game it doesn't, imo, warrant further discussion. -1

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

I'll take a hard pass on flying carpets after being forced to ride one (my horse) over the last 36 hours. Besides, those are so far from the spirit of the game it doesn't, imo, warrant further discussion. -1

Kinda like they added those motorcycle mounts in WoW. You're right it would silly, so pls no. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Idlamn said:

Kinda like they added those motorcycle mounts in WoW. You're right it would silly, so pls no. 

They had helicopters and panzers in WC3 so it wasn't a big surprise to see motorcycle mounts. I didn't like those things but I think we are comparing apples to oranges here. 

no to the flying carpet but hell a use for yellow potions nearly wow