Sign in to follow this  
BertimusPrime

Account Stolen - Trying to get it back

56 minutes ago, Locath said:

If you made that claim when it happened, i'm sure you would get a lot of support.

As stated before, I did attempt to recover the account back in 2016 when I returned to the game after finally settling down in life.
According to GMs, who ever has control of the account now claims it was given to them in 2014, two years after I became inactive...

The hardest thing here is trying to prove the existence of a negative.
If the transfer was legitimately between me and the new account controller then there should be no issue with showing the communication to me in private, right? There should be NO privacy issue if I was the person who transferred the account. 

5 minutes ago, BertimusPrime said:

According to GMs, who ever has control of the account now claims it was given to them in 2014, two years after I became inactive...

One simple question? Did someone else had access to this account beside you?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kochinac said:

One simple question? Did someone else had access to this account beside you?

Both @Kaz and I had had another player purchase premtime for us for work we were doing on their deed, across the lake from our deed on Idni. The accounts were never fully transferred, both Kaz and I remained logged in during the time it took them to send the premtime. We changed our PWs afterwards. That was almost immediately after the Free-to-play server Golden Valley was merged with the Prem servers and was converted to the Tutorial system we know now.

However, my emails were hack between the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013. It took me awhile to get control of the email accounts back too, but I was able to do so. It is possible that that is how control was lost.

10 minutes ago, BertimusPrime said:

If the transfer was legitimately between me and the new account controller then there should be no issue with showing the communication to me in private, right? There should be NO privacy issue if I was the person who transferred the account

The communication was between whoever had the account before and the new account owner. The gm's can't know for sure if the account was stolen, sold, gifted, whatever when someone else took over it, if you sent them the password it'd look exactly the same as that person somehow getting your password without you telling them (extremely unlikely someone did any form of targeted hack to steal what sounds like a priest alt now). it's entirely a he said she said thing and the current owner has proof that the account was transferred to them. account and password security is entirely on you

1 hour ago, BertimusPrime said:

As I have been provided no proof of so-called communication about a transfer I supposedly made, due to "privacy", it should be a red flag to anyone following this thread....

That's not a red flag, privacy is most certainly a valid concern, especially with the GDPR in the EU.

1 hour ago, BertimusPrime said:

after all if I did in fact communication with and transfer the account to the current owner it wouldn't be a breach of ANYONE'S privacy, as I would have already seen the communications. Does that make sense?

That's assuming you were the one that took part in those communications, which is an assumption that they cannot make as account sharing happened a lot back then and there's also no need for it to have been you who transferred the account to the current owner. After all, for example you could easily have sold it to somebody else, whom then sold it to the current owner.

So considering the GDPR, you can pretty much forget about receiving a copy of those communications from the staff as I doubt they'd make such a basic mistake as to share such information.

Edited by Ecrir

Original toon's name has been redacted from the post. As stated in the edit notes, I am not trying to start a harassment campaign, I just want what is mine. The name IS legally intellectual property belonging to Lifted Legion Production, LLC. So yes, part of this is about the name... as I literally am that person. It was a pseudonym used for music production for over a decade, it's a name that people IRL know me by. The name is part of who I am. But it's also about the time put in, the old history and nostalgia of the character, and the fact that it should NEVER HAVE BEEN UNDER ANYONE ELSE'S CONTROL TO BEGIN WITH! Many of the skills on that toon were up over 75, which was not east to do. Kaz and I were paying for premtime by doing jobs for people, building stone fences and gates, mining ores and tunnels, supplying others materials for buildings and cooking and being paid in coin. It was a one time thing that we both gave our PW to have someone pay for premtime instead of giving us coin. One time, we were logged in the whole time and changed PW immediately afterwards. Other than that one time we worked for days and days to pay for our premtime and deed costs. It was pain staking and time consuming to keep up with the work orders AND maintain and expand our deed and mine.

3 minutes ago, BertimusPrime said:

The name IS legally intellectual property belonging to Lifted Legion Production, LLC. So yes, part of this is about the name... as I literally am that person.

You're joking, right?

• Like 2

Just now, Merc said:

You're joking, right?

<--- Does that look like a joking face. lmao

No but seriously... it is my pseudonym.

14 minutes ago, BertimusPrime said:

The name IS legally intellectual property belonging to Lifted Legion Production, LLC. So yes, part of this is about the name... as I literally am that person.

Good god you can't be serious

16 minutes ago, BertimusPrime said:

<--- Does that look like a joking face. lmao

No but seriously... it is my pseudonym.

emoji-open-eyed.gif

One side of me can’t wait for this post to be closed because you just keep replying with dumber and dumber comments. The other side of me doesn’t want this post to be closed because you just keep replying with dumber and dumber comments @BertimusPrime .

I am truly conflicted but one think I know for sure, ain’t ######  happening you got nothing. 

• Like 7

The argument of "it was stolen fair and square and then traded to an innocent person" doesn't make the situation right...

"I know your car was stolen when you were out of town and had no knowledge of it, but you should have reported it stolen immediately after it was stolen."
What?

Edited by BertimusPrime

13 minutes ago, Egard said:

One side of me can’t wait for this post to be closed because you just keep replying with dumber and dumber comments. The other side of me doesn’t want this post to be closed because you just keep replying with dumber and dumber comments @BertimusPrime .

I am truly conflicted but one think I know for sure, ain’t ######  happening you got nothing. 

Thanks for the support.

• Cat 1

You also failed to respond to my questions and instead continued to pick a fight over "I don't recall it being sold" 

10 minutes ago, Archaed said:

You also failed to respond to my questions and instead continued to pick a fight over "I don't recall it being sold" 

4 hours ago, BertimusPrime said:

Original toon's name has been redacted from the post. As stated in the edit notes, I am not trying to start a harassment campaign, I just want what is mine. The name IS legally intellectual property belonging to Lifted Legion Production, LLC. So yes, part of this is about the name... as I literally am that person. It was a pseudonym used for music production for over a decade, it's a name that people IRL know me by. The name is part of who I am. But it's also about the time put in, the old history and nostalgia of the character, and the fact that it should NEVER HAVE BEEN UNDER ANYONE ELSE'S CONTROL TO BEGIN WITH! Many of the skills on that toon were up over 75, which was not east to do. Kaz and I were paying for premtime by doing jobs for people, building stone fences and gates, mining ores and tunnels, supplying others materials for buildings and cooking and being paid in coin. It was a one time thing that we both gave our PW to have someone pay for premtime instead of giving us coin. One time, we were logged in the whole time and changed PW immediately afterwards. Other than that one time we worked for days and days to pay for our premtime and deed costs. It was pain staking and time consuming to keep up with the work orders AND maintain and expand our deed and mine.

Actually I did answer your question 4 hours ago... underlined in my quote.

"Was it about the name?" Short answer, Yes, partially.
"What is the point of this?" Um, it's in the title of the forum post, 'Trying to get it back'

Edited by BertimusPrime

A username is not intellectual property plain and simple... it's a nickname.. if someone uses my nickname on the internet there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. as to your account being sold off a decade ago yep your S.O.L on that one. it had already been years the first time you reported it, what makes you think reopening this ticket again 7 years after that its going to get you anywhere. If you want to play wurm then play wurm, interact with the community; make friendships and memories. Don't come onto the forum and create a spectacle when you already know the official answer and know that the community agrees with staff's stance on the issue.

This is turning into the best April Fool's Day post I've ever seen. Maybe it's time we lock it?

• Like 2

i'm here to say if the saga keeps going after all the fishy thing...

On 3/31/2023 at 9:01 PM, BertimusPrime said:

The argument of "it was stolen fair and square and then traded to an innocent person" doesn't make the situation right...

Maybe it doesnt make it right, but it still very well count.

Have you ever stopped for a second and think about the person playing this toon for the 9 last years?

Ok, this thread has run its course and will be locked. BertimusPrime, you have received your answer from Enki, and as he stated this is not the place to debate it. Any further questions or correspondence should be via private message or email to the GM team. 

• Like 2