Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Oh boy, purple beam!

Hi! been watchin the discution in def pvp thread and got to an ideea while trying to find solutions for some stuff there and here it is. Basically is an attempt to make pvp and pve work together and depend on eachother for fun stuff:

A basic solution would be a hybrid one where you have the pvp people fight for an item on pvp server then they have to bring it to a pve server where after saccing or doing something pve related will allow that item to be opened/interacted with in such a way that will spawn a reward or something that will be killed for a reward.

Sort of a treasure map that can only drop on pvp but can only be opened on pve and this way pvp can provide for pve and pve can provide for pvp without having  to perform each other's chosen role. You might ask: but what is to stop the pvp crowd just do the pve part to open it themselves? Answer: Nothing..close to nothing.. lazyness maybe? But hey you take the risk should have a real chance for reward no?

For example one could fight in pvp and everytime a person dies is a 1% chance a treasure item would drop or you charge up one killing toon (similar to champion points for kills as a champ) and once you get like 10 20 ---50 points whatever you can go to your light's altars and dump that kills charge in exchange for an item. Let's call it : Libila's Sideboob. And now you take the item and you sail it to a pve  server. And you plant it in an evironment where the holy site for the deity the item serves can spawn. Then the whole server gets a beam like a rift beam but is the color of the deity either black or white. And now people on the server can come to this item and imp it but here is how. They right click it and choose a  skill then they only pray spam and they gain pray ticks and that skill xp ticks.

To be more specific: you are a crafter you reach the special item and you right click it  and from the menu you go like: Bind skill and you get all the skills in game except characteristics and med maybe and you just choose one. let's say you chose Shipbuilding. Once you choose you cannot change the skill bind for 16h irl (same cd as med stuff right?)

And now you pray spam the special item (praying gives fatigue btw) and you receive praying skill ticks but also Shipbuilding skill ticks. Players can also spam Fart emote on the thing for a 10% chance to cause a humid drizzle effect in a 5x5 area from the object. Say after 16h you decide to switch from Shipbuilding to Fishing. You rebind to it and now when you pray spam you get praying skill ticks and fishing.

In exchange for the 10% humind drizzle from fart the 5x5 area around the object blocks sermoning. This is so people won't have sermon wars or ninja sermons on potential alot of people at the thing but one could set-up a sermon grp outside the 5x5 area and can ask people to slide in their DM (sermon area) but  by doing so it will act as a confirmation they do want to be sermoned on.

Now once people prayer spammed for days let's say after 5k 10k 50k etc prayers performed the object reaches stage two where it shuts down the beam becomes purple and cannto be interacted with anymore. Once it turns purple a timer like rift begins and after 1 irl week when it starts will function like a buffed rift. Stronger mobs and waves but based on the presence of people in local and as rewards we could have a dragon instead of a warmaster and/or have mm boulders (that connet be higher than 50ql) instead of the rift mat's nodes.

The initial planter (player that sailed the thing from pvp and went and did Plant or Secure action on to begin the first praying phase) could be presented with a prompt to choose an opening time so they can make sure the 2nd rift phase will open at the time they have chosen.

For example i get the object from pvp is a mag thing i take it to cele to a desert i plant/secure it then i get a pop-up and i choose 9pm my time. Now the white beam goes up ppl come and pray smap and grind their bind skill once that is done the 2nd phase starts the beam goes purple and the 1 irl week timer starts and will open the first wave at 9pm my time in a week.

-1 defiance is cut off from freedom for a reason. 

Honestly half-way through your post I was pretty lost, and can't understand exactly what the PvE side would do.

but regardless, while it's an interesting idea to tie the two player bases more together, I think I prefer the separation

so -1 from me as well

• Cat 1

1 hour ago, Sinnjinn said:

Honestly half-way through your post I was pretty lost, and can't understand exactly what the PvE side would do.

It is a reply to this:

tcB06t1.png

Basically someone asked ChatGPT the AI thingy how to improve the pvp experience in Wurm and based on the reply i concluded that adding pvp only content with meaningfull rewards will make the pve players cry about how they are forced to pvp to get the rewards too so i tried to find a solution to a mechanic that starts on pvp and ends on pve so they don't have to do that.

And my presumption was correct judging by the 2 replies above.

Do not worry tho you will still get your monthly flower pot.

I have no interest in bringing any part of pvp here, and frankly I don't mind if they have some things and rewards I don't have on pve. also, we're listening to ChatGP for our suggestions now? good grief

• Like 3