Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Name that sound

This is something I have been noticing in WU, but I don't think I ever heard it in WO, so bear that mind.

Sometimes, usually not long after logging in, there is what sounds like a very loud but very distant gonging sound (a bit of echo and lot of sustain, almost like a single ring of a massive church bell).  A single chime, followed about a minute later by another single chime and then nothing else.  

Does anybody know what this is?

Edited by TheTrickster

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

This is something I have been noticing in WU, but I don't think I ever heard it in WO, so bear that mind.

Sometimes, usually not long after logging in, there is what sounds like a very loud but very distant gonging sound (a bit of echo and lot of sustain, almost like a single ring of a massive church bell).  A single chime, followed about a minute later by another single chime and then nothing else.  

Does anybody know what this is?

Maybe this: Bell tower ?

I built one on my Fort Buda deed on Independance.  I don't have a link to a recording of the sound, but it's very similar to what you describe and can be given a command to cease  by a player (say, after the second chime has been heard).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tristanc said:

Maybe this: Bell tower ?

I built one on my Fort Buda deed on Independance.  I don't have a link to a recording of the sound, but it's very similar to what you describe and can be given a command to cease  by a player (say, after the second chime has been heard).

It might be that sound, but if it is then there is a glitch, because this happens when there is no belltower on the server, certainly nothing in local range, and it only ever rings twice.

The sound I hear is a very deep sound, when I say like a massive church bell, I really mean massive.  

probably smithing by villager close or not so close by..

Good thought, but this is when I have literally thousands of tiles between me nd the nearest other person, and nobody else hears it. 

That's why I think it is some kind of glitch, because nobody else hears it - but I would still love to know WHAT sound is glitching.

start recording and share it once you catch your 'ghost sound'

• Like 1