Sign in to follow this  
Muse

QoL : Roll back Sleep Bonus after inactivity

[18:54:34] Auto-freezing sleep bonus after 5 minutes of inactivity.
[18:54:34] You refrain from using your sleep bonus.

These two messages mean you have just lost 5 minutes of precious sleep bonus. :(  Maybe because you got distracted and forgot it, perhaps you were busy streaming or something came up in real life.  It's happened to just about everyone.

The game knows that you haven't made an action or received a tick for 5 minutes and so you can not possibly have used any sleep bonus, so why not roll back the sleep bonus by 5 minutes to the last completed action or tick?

The player hasn't used it, so why not give it back?

I see no reason to punish a player for inactivity - after all, no-one deliberately sits and burns sleep bonus for no reason.   

If the sleep bonus is rolled back, this should be to the last completed action or skill tick - to allow for passive ticks from Hot Food Cooking for example.   The amount of sleep bonus returned should allow for coffee and fat levels of course:

[18:54:34] Auto-freezing sleep bonus after 5 minutes of inactivity.
[18:54:34] You refrain from using your sleep bonus.
[18:54:34] These past 5 minutes of sleep bonus were not used.

What do you think? :) 

Following the intelligent comment by @Simyaci- perhaps instead, the inactivity timer could be set by the player, rather than being a fixed 5 minutes.  If someone would prefer a shorter timer, this could be changed in settings.  There is no cooldown penalty for restarting the sleep bonus after it has been halted due to inactivity.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2

The only problem I see with this is that I would be conditioned to wait the rest out if I've come back to it after let's say 3 minutes of inactivity, in order to be eligible for the sleep bonus refund. 

• Like 1

Yes this is a good point.  How much sleep bonus is acceptable to waste...?  The inactivity check used to be longer and it got reduced to 5 minutes as it was thought to be too long.

• Like 1

since we use to not have it turn off at all and could waste hours.  i really feel as it it now is ok.  I turn it on as soon as i meditate and alt tab to alts.  i don't mind that i waste 4 min of it for the 5 times i med a day  as meditation is a 2min timer, if this system changed to lower that could mess up long timer actions.   i gain that back sleeping in  a bed when i log off for the night.  no really need to change that.  i see where you're coming from.  maybe a toggle to set 1,2,3 or 5 min auto inactivity off. that could help those who forget to click the zzz's when the stop playing for a few min.

Edited by validate
  • Like 2

Yeah, setting it 1/2/3/4/5 minutes before freeze on profile seems like the best option 

• Like 3