Sign in to follow this  
nineol

Expand Mob Types That Can Spawn From Holy Sites (Holy Cows!)

I've spent a lot of time at the new Holy Sites since they were released; trying to learn how they work and generally playing with the cool new features that clearly had a lot of thought and work put into them.  I was very excited at the possibility of new, previously impossible combinations of conditioned mobs and have been very happy to see some giant rams, tiny seals, and one gigantic monkey that fell over - great work on those!  Personally I was looking forward to the possibility of getting my hands on some multi-colored angry and slow cows but I have not seen nor heard of any Holy Cows spawning.  Here is the list of newly-available conditioned spawns that I've seen and heard about after spending a week+ at multiple Holy Sites nearly around-the-clock:

Seals
Dolphins
Sheep
Rams
Horses
Gorillas

Hell Horses

I've seen deer (previously only champs) and conditioned unicorns spawned by a Fo site as well as a range of other previously available conditioned mobs, all hostiles (wild cats, spiders, mountain lions, etc.).

A lot of the conversations that I've had with folks I've spent time with at the various sites have been around this feature of the Holy Sites and it seems that quite a few people are excited about new combinations but disappointed that they are limited.  I would love for there to be additional diversity added to the domestic mob types that can be spawned, especially cows/bulls, but also pigs, chickens/roosters, and pheasants. What a fantastic opportunity to have Holy Cows spawn at the Holy Sites!

*edit* More conditioned mob types that were previously unavailable have been discovered:

Octopus
Donkey
Bison
Pheasant
Tortoise

Edited by nineol
I've just heard about conditioned hell horses. Additional mob types have been discovered.
  • Like 14

Yes please, expanding the amount of creatures we can get with funny traits would be amazing. Limiting them seems kinda lousy so please, chuck us some more!

• Like 8

I'd go as far as saying that unicorn spawns should be removed from them in favour of mobs that currently can't spawn as conditioned mobs. Not hating on unicorns, but they already have their unconditional place in the spawn universe 🦄

• Like 8

Yesyesyesplease! (And also yes that if unicorns are one of the things spawning, pretty please can we have something else instead).

I have also been hankering after conditioned cows and I'd go nuts for conditioned chickens too >.> - I'm excited by the seals we've had the Vyn shrines but sad they're not showing their colours (yet?).

Tbh, I thought (and from talking to some other folks investigating the sites I've been haunting, at least some folks other than me also thought) that the unusual spawns special to the holy sites that were being hinted at would be mostly the passive ones anyway - since we already have conditioned versions of almost all agg mobs (plus conditioned unicorns which are less rare than bison and wild horses). Go to any impalong and it's clear that even slightly special versions of domestic creatures are crowd-pleasers - loads of people enjoy taking them home and keeping them as pets - so I'm really hoping there are/will be more domestic specials from the holy sites than we've seen so far.

Honestly, the possibility of conditioned creatures is entirely what had me premming up a second priest and dropping my three premium toons at holy sites to pray round the clock for days at a time when I am otherwise usually Wurm-dormant, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for more holy creatures. ❤️ :D

• Like 4

Yes! Need Fancy Cows! (I said this willingly and was not forced to say this)

Spoiler

Did I do a good job? Please free my family now!

In all seriousness, it would be nice if they changed it so they won't spawn mobs that can already spawn with conditions (Deer, Unicorns, Spiders, Scorpions, etc), and instead only spawned mobs that previously could not spawn with conditions (Sheep, Horses, Hell Horses, COWS, Chickens, etc). +1 to the idea of Fancy Cows! (and other fancy mobs)

• Like 4

I honestly think this is a great suggestion and it makes sense.
It will add something unique and value to the holy sites you can't find anywhere else as well.

+1 from me

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 4:27 PM, nineol said:

*edit* More conditioned mob types that were previously unavailable have been discovered:

Octopus

Conditioned octopus but no conditioned cows? Devs I am begging you, please give us the conditioned cows

Thank you Devs for fixing the cow issue!  Am not sure what that means for the other mob types that weren't spawning but Holy Cows are incredible!

[17:20:13] You start leading an adolescent hardened brown cow.

• Like 4