Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Desert Surprise

Hi :)

I woke up this morning in shock after realising the game is called Wurm but theres no giant wurm unique boss that dual wields venerable greenish dragons as weapons and spawns in the deserts. Sort of the sea serpent of the land. Give it a nice Dune vibe.

Probably will need to make it so it can spawn in deserts but can roam in any place otherwise people might have a desert/no desert war trying to have their area of the map be the only desert so they catch the spawn first.

I think I once saw in lore somewhere from Rolf that the Wurm was supposed to be a massive brown dragon/serpent thing (maybe I mis-remembered, who knows.) It would be really cool if it was added as a boss somehow.

However, I'd love to see a rework of unique mobs to make killing them much more fun first. I don't think it's worth the effort to add a new unique unless the experience could somehow be different to the current meta: turn up with 20 70+FS accounts with two handed weapons and... stand there in combat. I'd love it if slaying uniques had much more of a gameplay factor to it and if each mob had different challenges. It would make it more like PvM boss fights in, say, Runescape, with each boss requiring particular strategies to be slain.

• Like 1

I would like that too but when combat is 80% text and 20% awkward outdated animations with server being 8s or 10s windows and not real time ping having multiple mechanics taht require strategy and coordination is quite the challenge.

For instance the closest thing we have in the war master at rift doing the ice or fire land aoe. The best case scenario i saw was like 50/50 split where half ppl would follow me because they knew the wm will come follow too and rest would just  sit in the aoe because it's wurm you dont need mechanics just an lt sword right!?