Sign in to follow this  
Sneeze

Characteristic gain from hunting - difficulty

Currently you gain characteristics using the skill in the weapon that they are the grandparent to as difficulty I believe. 

this leads to a situation where unless you have insane characteristics it rapidly becomes very unlikely to get ticks as you gain weaponskill much faster, there is a limited number of weapons and once you are out you are out. 

I propose this is changed in some way to make it a more viable early - mid characteristic option.

this would have the added benefit on pvp servers of encouraging people to leave deed to get stronger.

Edited by Sneeze
  • Like 2

+1, weapon characteristic gain as it is currently isn't great, especially since characteristic gain is highest when the difficulty is 10-25 below your skill level. So even a pretty well developed account with 40s in characteristics would get minimal/no skill gain when they pass 30 in weapon skill... which is pretty underwhelming as 30 is still very low.

Bump even something simple like a way to lower effective weapon skill

Mother skill? I thought it was effected by sub skill.

By the way, what do you want to base it off? Monster CR? 

8 hours ago, Simyaci said:

Mother skill? I thought it was effected by sub skill.

By the way, what do you want to base it off? Monster CR? 

i mean i think a way to lower your effective weapon skill would probably be the easiest way?

unless i am mistaken the way weapon skills work. the skill is the difficulty. so you maintain basically a 40ish% chance to get a tick the whole way?  but because the difficulty is increasing with the skill always you basically outskill the parent/characteristic skills very quickly and theres no way to change that.

I thought you just directly get the characteristics based on your weapon subskill. Like if my polearm (parent skill) skill was 30, my body strength was 30, my halberd (subskill)  skill was 90; I wouldn't be getting good ticks. Is that incorrect? 

On 3/15/2023 at 3:00 PM, Simyaci said:

I thought you just directly get the characteristics based on your weapon subskill. Like if my polearm (parent skill) skill was 30, my body strength was 30, my halberd (subskill)  skill was 90; I wouldn't be getting good ticks. Is that incorrect? 

unless I’m wrong you would have a .5% chance to get a body strength or pole arms tick

this is what I’m saying because it’s related to the skill you rapidly outlevel the others but unlike basically all other skills there’s no way to control the difficulty it just only increases

Edited by Sneeze

+1 feathering your weapon skills just so you can gain characteristics doesn't make any sense.