Sign in to follow this  
Silviustrz

Bug Concerning the Mailbox functionality

Hello, Silviustrz here, from Melody. I have recently discovered a rather serious bug concerning the mailbox. I'll try to describe the steps of how the bug affected me so far.

First of all, I was supposed to receive an item, namely a Potion of Woodcutting, using the non COD method, the 1c per item toll. All said and done, "sense the imps" and I rush to my deed's mailbox. I open the receive/deny screen, check the receive square and then I click send, closing the screen as it usually goes. Since I'm the kind of player that sees the mailbox as just another means of temporary storage, I leave it in there for a while. Coincidentally, this event occurred just 10-20 minutes before this last update (07.03.2023), therefore I log off due to restart/patching and return some time later. However, checking the mailbox, I see that the item is no longer in there. After thorough search (and severe doubt in my eyesight), I conclude that the item was not received. I confront the sender as he told me he did, in fact, send and showed me his logs as proof. I initially don't mind this event, putting it on the fact that maybe somehow the update messed up the send (which is bad in itself but not the point).

Anyway, I proceed to use the mailbox again, this time sending/receiving a large metal shield. I decide to test the mailbox, repeating the aforementioned but instead intentionally leaving the shield inside the mailbox. What happened was, upon checking a different mailbox, that the potion of woodcutting suddenly appeared. I pick it up but the shield seems gone. I relog for a few times to find out that the shield still is gone. I proceed to do a ticket and CM Baeowuf instructs me to come here so.. here I am. I may attempt to test this a bit further (but with no valuables this time). I will edit/make another reply.

EDIT: I have asked a player to send me something just now. He sent me some clay. The thing is, the shield is still gone this time around, therefore no repetition of the process mentioned above.

Edited by Silviustrz
  • Like 1

This sounds like your using different mailboxes. All mailboxes are not connected. Once you accept the item in the mail then you must take the mail out of the mailbox. IT will be in the last mailbox that you used. If you left the shield in x mailbox and went to y mailbox it would not be in y mailbox because the physical item is sitting in X mailbox.

• Like 1

Thing is, this kind of worked for me before. I seem to have gotten back all my items. Thank you for the insight BattleWall! Also apologies for potentially wasting admin time :(

Edited by Silviustrz

Yeah I ran some tests yesterday, but it always worked correctly for me. Glad you got your things back though. :)