Zaidonia

New Wurm Online things in WU

Hello all,

after seeing so many new things in wurm online i would love to have them all! Like the feeding trough etc. I even would pay for them if i can obtain them from steam via dlc! Or as mods!

Maybe there is a way? I would be happy!

An answer about the future of WU would be nice!

Greetings Zaidonia

• Like 1

The Devs have stated multiple times that Wurm Unlimited was no longer supported/receiving active development

i know that, toeol.

but ... maybe they would rethink about it if they could get more money out of wu?

maybe they could start a poll about it?

i definitely would love to have following things on my little server:

1. cartography

2. new table

3. the new stone designs (benches etc)

4. feeding trough

5. the new horse shapes

Edited by Zaidonia

It's tricky because the company won't want to detract from WO revenue. They could perhaps release new content as DLC, but that would split the WU playerbase. Not a problem easily solved. A wurmian can dream...

My theory, purely speculative, is that Rolf was looking for a buyer and rushed out the standalone version to make the property look better than it is.

Wurm Unlimited is the superior version, in my opinion, but it will never again be touched by the developers.

• Like 2

Plus if they offered it as a paid DLC, they reopen the whole can of the fact Rolf promised WU would get all Wurm updates for life at no additional charge when he first announced it and sold it to the playerbase. They could even be opening themselves up to a lawsuit for false advertising. They much prefer not to reopen that whole nightmare by instead just washing their hands of any and all things related to WU. Plus a paid DLC has a lot of issues for public servers where some of the players might have the DLC and some not. It just gets way too complicated, and not worth it for devs, they prefer people who "want more" to migrate to WO instead. 

I much agree with @Ricowan

11 hours ago, Ricowan said:

Wurm Unlimited is the superior version, in my opinion, but it will never again be touched by the developers.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

what a pity. then it will be a dream forever because i am bad at such things like creating new things for my server. especially if it is a feeding trough with creating the whole thing around it...

Just as an FYI, Dominikk (I believe he is the top GM for Sklotopolis server, but its been a few years for me) said a few days ago that some modders were working on a feeding trough so it is possible one is in the works for the near future. 

Never hold your breath for WU  :D  but Dominikk who is a modder/coder as well as admin probably knows more than most what any remaining active modders are still up to in this game. 

There is also a modders Discord and if it is still active, you could ask in there (shows 80 online which sounds pretty active to me):

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I am still of the idea that WU should be on a yearly update cycle that way WU becomes a one time payment with the idea of "you want a potentially bigger community and newer features come play WO" and you could throw the new skins and the likes that come out in that year behind a dlc as ya some people might throw a stink about it(can always use the models via a mod if you really wanna) but the majority of players wouldn't care if they have to pay a tiny amount for a skin they gotta pay for in WO as well and they could even argue "It isn't free in WO either so why should it be free in WU"

I hope one day a dev who genuinely knows how to code properly and on schedule and has the time and passion will join the team and work on fixing WO's many issues before moving on to providing such a update schedule for WU as right now WU is a reminder to avoid WO and is used as such when people talk about wurm.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2023 at 11:52, Tyoda said:

Arathok was working on it. Not sure how far they got.

Damn. That was 8 months ago?? Time, man ...

potential necroing but the functionality is there, just have to hook it into the game for now

kinda want to add it to the farming tick and then checks against all animals in the radius and if they are hungry.

No ETA yet but still actively working on the mod. 

Work is eating up my life at the moment.

• Like 3