Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Anyone Tried Icarus Yet?

So, I decided to try Icarus a few days ago on Steam and I must say I love the game.  It feels like Valheim but with better graphics.  The tech tree(s) are insane.  The storms are brutal.  The forest fires left me almost speechless.  I waited way too long to put out the fires.  I never gave this game half a thought until I noticed they came out with a single player survival sandbox mode with a persistent world that does not reset.  Anyone else tried it?

• Cat 2

I have it on my wishlist but haven't tried it yet.  I currently don't have the time I reckon would need to be committed. 

Looks interesting, added to wishlist. Someday i'll get it. Any automation in this game?

not really... run around, gather metal ore/ logs/ etc materials.. you'll need to gather oxygen rocks.. because they have wogic for that... build a shelter, advance in technology(gain exp, research, progress and escape the planet to restart and this way you change the biome where you play.. that's all, seems like short game, either way.. fun to shoot stuff, build, etc..)

Workstations for crafting are plentiful with stack production on short timers.  Ore mining can be done with pickaxes for surface-level gathering or machinery at higher tiers of experience for deep extraction.  It is an interesting mix of primitive and science fiction.  You can dry certain cuts of meat on a primitive drying rack or you can craft a food station which allows for advanced recipes.  There is a lot of voxel features.  For example, you chip away at surface boulders to create temporary shelters against the weather, which is very brutal.  Storms knock over trees and random lightning strikes can create forest fires that spread from the vegetation on the ground.  Archery has a kill cam - very cool.  There is so much to do and make.  I would suggest watching a YouTube video to get an idea of the three game modes and two world maps.  Loads and loads of fun.

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

not really... run around, gather metal ore/ logs/ etc materials.. you'll need to gather oxygen rocks.. because they have wogic for that... build a shelter, advance in technology(gain exp, research, progress and escape the planet to restart and this way you change the biome where you play.. that's all, seems like short game, either way.. fun to shoot stuff, build, etc..)

There is now a new persistent Open World mode where you can build a base and it remains to return to after missions, etc.