Sign in to follow this  
Dracaa

Chicken coops and fertile eggs

I had done a test the answer is yes fertile eggs in coops will hatch they pop out on the ground under the coop when they do. they need to decay like usual but I wanted to add this because I spent a week making sure nothing went wrong in my test. there were no other chickens in the pens to lay it and it was 1 of 4 fertile eggs in one coop and 1 of 3 in another coop. I say this is proof that they do hatch. also a shout out to you all Wurm teams you guys are amazing thank you so much keep up the great work you are doing.

• Like 1

So we just leave them in the coop?  I thought we needed to put them on the ground for them to hatch, but if they will possibly hatch if I leave them there, even better!

• Cat 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, Dracaa said:

I had done a test the answer is yes fertile eggs in coops will hatch they pop out on the ground under the coop when they d

So, the fertile eggs fell out of the coop and decayed, or did it decay inside, and the baby dropped out. I was reviewing your test and was going to update your findings. I just want to make sure I put the correct information.

If you leave it in the coop, and it hatches, the hatchling will fall out and wander around.