Sign in to follow this  
Llamarock

Spell Scrolls

So recently I was reading the roadmap and while at the section about spell gems, I thought to myself: why not scrolls :D

Papyrus making has little to no use, could really benefit from this use, plus, scrolls are cool!!

the negatives:

Papyrus is relatively easy to make, could drag the prices of spells down and that's why they are going with gems maybe?

solution:

a) Add extra crafting components/QL requirements for papyrus to be used for scrolls.

b) An extension of the rarity system, only "special papyrus" can be used for scrolls, random window of opportunity for someone crafting papyrus to make a "special papyrus"

In my opinion, gems have very useful purpose in the game already, give papyrus a chance :)

• Like 1

Papyrusmaking does have a fair amount of use. Archaeology directly benefits from higher QL paper for reports, cartography also has use for the skill, relying on it almost as heavily as archaeology.

Gems already have a place in the priest lifestyle too. Vessel for favour storage is the only really good use for gems now that vesseling for skillgain isn't really the method anymore unless you prefer to be wasteful/don't want to make an alt to slap your neck.

Not really saying the idea for spell scrolls isn't good. There's something to be said for it, but if it wasn't the same as gems which you can already get high ql from mining for a bit, it'd be a bit crap and largely ignored.

Also suggestions subforum is down a few levels ;)

I really like the idea of spell scrolls, but it will have a direct effect on prices as it stand now(or maybe not), so it need a solution for that, maybe upper diff by 10-20%?

I dont think this would changer uses of gems tho, since its for storing favor.

We do need som restriction like exclude healing spells etc

If you're going for the same idea as with spell gems, but then on scrolls, then you really don't have to worry about spell prices going down. Why? Because of the rng with spellcasting. The amount of scrolls you'd need to have a good enough shot at a good cast would simply be quite high. Due to that spell gems or scrolls would have to be worth almost nothing in order to compete with spellcasting services. And due to that scrolls would actually be a far better idea than spell gems, as it wouldn't surprise me if spell gems turned out to be worth less than blank gems thanks to said rng...