Sign in to follow this  
Tux

Meditation Confused

I am confused by 

'then you select a path'

and

'answer questions'

by that I mean, do I watch the events window and then type something in? does a popup come up? I am unclear.

• Like 1

after 15 skill you need to first decide which path you want by reading what the benefits of each path are, then depending on the path you need to either find or make a special tile for that path and meditate on it to join the path and the get the question for getting to higher path ranks(or levels).

how to find or make a path tile is diferent for each path, thats why you need to know what you are looking for.

is that somewhere on the wiki or something  you saw in chat? if its on the wiki and you tell us where we could make it more clear.

If you get a question there will be a pop-up window with choices for answers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

after 15 skill you need to first decide which path you want by reading what the benefits of each path are, then depending on the path you need to either find or make a special tile for that path and meditate on it to join the path and the get the question for getting to higher path ranks(or levels).

how to find or make a path tile is diferent for each path, thats why you need to know what you are looking for.

is that somewhere on the wiki or something  you saw in chat? if its on the wiki and you tell us where we could make it more clear.

what I am asking is how does one FUNCTIONALLY select that path?

it is it a popup? type into chat? 

There is plenty of information as to how one gets to the point of needing to select a path and what the paths are but I could not find any informaton or screenshot that shows how one functionally selects that path, be it a pop up, slash command type into chat or what

Edited by Tux

you need to either make or find a path tile for the path you want to join, then you meditate on it until a window pops up asking if you want to join it. the same thing for questions after that.

each path has its own requirements for special path tiles.

12 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

you need to either make or find a path tile for the path you want to join, then you meditate on it until a window pops up asking if you want to join it. the same thing for questions after that.

each path has its own requirements for special path tiles.

I would add to the wiki the following

'a window pops up with a list of paths to select in which you select from the popup'

For some reason I was concerned that I would have to type in the selection into the chat box.

thanks

its not a list, its a window that says  "do you want to join path X?" with the options yes or no. like i said which path it is depends on the tile you use.

but can you tell me which page had the information you found confusing? was it this on the meditation page?

"On certain tiles, there can be a pop-up after finishing meditating that allows you to start a path. There are five paths that a player may follow. They are as follows:"

we could word that diferently to make it more clear.

13 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

its not a list, its a window that says  "do you want to join path X?" with the options yes or no. like i said which path it is depends on the tile you use.

but can you tell me which page had the information you found confusing? was it this on the meditation page?

"On certain tiles, there can be a pop-up after finishing meditating that allows you to start a path. There are five paths that a player may follow. They are as follows:"

we could word that diferently to make it more clear.

ah yes good point, sorry I was distracted.

I would add 'popup' for silly people like me

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tux said:

ah yes good point, sorry I was distracted.

I would add 'popup' for silly people like me

Just wanted to say it's not silly, and I think this kind of feedback is important. For those of us who've played a while, it's easy to forget some of the things that puzzled us when we first started the game or tried an unfamiliar mechanic.

Happy Wurming!

Edited by Schiann
  • Like 2

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Meditating

Specifically:

On certain tiles, there can be a pop-up after finishing meditating that allows you to start a path. There are five paths that a player may follow. They are as follows:

The Path of Knowledge

The Path of Power

The Path of Insanity

The Path of Love

The Path of Hate.

and within each path article:

Knowledge path tiles are usually found beside water and sand. Generally they are quite close to the shore, but some have also been found in deep waters.

You should be able to create your own knowledge path tile by flattening a low 3x3 area close to open water and creating some sand tiles near by. Once planted, test each tile to see if it's "special" as the Knowledge Tile does not have to be in the center. If the area is disturbed , the special tile may vanish, and must be recreated, and may show up in a different spot than before.

As with all paths, meditating on the tile gives the message "This is indeed a special place" after meditation is complete, and shows that you have found a special tile that belongs to a path.

-----------------------------------------------------

Power path tiles are usually found on flat tiles at high elevations (i.e. on mountains(2000 above water table)). However, please note that a path of power tile can be on a non-flat tile as well.

You should be able to create your own power path tile by flattening tiles when high above sea level, then testing them.

As with all paths, meditating on the tile gives the message "This is indeed a special place" after meditation is complete, and shows that you have found a special tile that belongs to a path.

and so on.

Wurmpedia is so convoluted and based on so many hunches and guesses that i made my own notes from which i can copy-paste responses for people asking the most common questions and the total (for meditation)  is 26 lines of text, answering everything they need to know and learn the pattern, to avoid information overload. 

Trying to answer a simple question like yours for a complex system can be really simplified.

Only if they are still confused i refer them to *shudders* wurmpedia.

Edited by Locath