Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: Holy 2023 Map Dumps!

They laughed when I said that I want to grind Natural Substances! Now, I'll be laughing as they come to me to dye their rugs! ;) 

Awesome stuff.

• Like 1

omg so happy to see all my work for the last year has made it on the map dumps even the most recent things i got done earlier this week :) 

• Like 1

Yea. no. Just no.

Fo got a holy orb. This is the map:

qICwL6F.jpg

have fun finding that on Indy. I'm not going to stare at a map for hours on end. It's hard enough with treasure maps when you have a general idea where to look. 

• Like 1

Ok so I have spent all day at two holy sites on Indy: 

Mag with my 100 faith Mag priest. At first everyone was scrambling for meteors when they spawned. Corruption of the monolith quickly cut those off, everyone left. Well, some left prior to that saying getting .01 when cominbing a few lumps after all day was not worth it. After 10 hours there exactly 5 people remained. This is not enough to reset purifies, so corruption was climbing fast.

Fo: I got the orb. I was not going to stare at the map for hours trying to find the spot. Luckily one of my alliance mates instantly recognized the probable area, I went there and activated it. I summoned everyone who wanted. At one point there were actually four unique players there, along with their priests. I had to take my main there to guard the priests after everyone left. Yea, everyone except two of us, along with our priests. Corruption started climbing fast, and not enough listeners to reset sermons for purify. After 10 hours I'm over it. Yea, new food items may be cool, but I'm not switching to Fo just so I can harvest them with my high forestry main. My Fo has gotten a few forestry points. Not interested in grinding it twice, so they'll remain 10ish quality. 

What they are is big sermon circles. That's it. If you have already done a sermon circle once you have no desire to do it again. If you don't have valid sermons the corruption goes up so fast they're worthless. These will probably be gone in the next day or so due to corruption. If you're not clear: you can only "purify" when your normal prayer timer says. Sermons reset that timer. The amount of corruption requires many priests to purify throughout the day. .05 purification on a rapidly climbing 40+ corruption ... do the math. It's awful. That's 80+ purifications NOT ACCOUNTING FOR NEW CORRUPTION.

Yea, been there, done the sermon circles three times (three priests). I'm not doing them again.

Well in the last hour the corrupted monolith on Xanadu has gone from

[06:04:31] A mysterious, impenetrable obelisk that has fallen from the sky and embedded itself into the sand like a spear. It has a benevolent aura. Ql: 15.03762, Dam: 26.07398.

to

[07:05:53] A mysterious, impenetrable obelisk that has fallen from the sky and embedded itself into the sand like a spear. It bears an aura of Magranon. Ql: 16.606163, Dam: 41.030323.

There is was only two of use here with our priests when I logged on (5 characters), and now there is only me, with my priest. Not much chance I'll stay around after my days prays/purifies are done.

The "rewards" for attending and spending time at a Holy Site are so lacklustre, I really don't expect anyone to bother at all once the spawn frequency is lowered. Vyn, perhaps, but the rest... Meh. 

Looking forward to some tweaks and balancing.

hmmm, how do I get permissions to view the map dumps? haven't played in ages because, well, life, you know? I want to see the last place i had a deed on xanadu...

6 hours ago, Bludragon said:

hmmm, how do I get permissions to view the map dumps? haven't played in ages because, well, life, you know? I want to see the last place i had a deed on xanadu...

Did you try clicking on:

Map Dumps ?

From there, choose the server whose map you want to see and for some, the year of the mapdump.