Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

20 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

From an outside perspective, tower capping looks like another change supported solely by a single kingdom.

It reminds me of the campaign to make the centre of Defiance into a HoTA zone, which coincidentally would have meant the removal of the BL capital.

true sacrifices had to be made, as it was part of the center of the map. both sides would have lost land and deeds.
kkplyA5.png

But did guys even care about the capital in the end? only a handful of souls defending it. while the rest gave up so fast.

Announce capping of hotas, Depot, tower bashing upon the first action. These things are supposed to create pvp and broadcasting it after someone had already claimed it and is halfway back to deed is counter productive.

7 hours ago, Atndy said:

It also reminds me of the fuel that caused jk to remove bl from said capital. Don't forget our capital was right beside yours and would have gotten deleted just the same. Also jk has not once pushed for tower capping that is a sole darklords suggestion that I believe everyone is benign on. Weird how the people actually pvping and playing on a pvp server are still playing the game. 

Outsider prospective this. Why did bl give up malice? Why did bl stop logging in? You guys like to point fingers and tread jk for "pushing for malicious updates that only support them."  The only things we supported benefited everyone on the server. Treasure chest, aggressive mobs giving sleep powder, Depot.

The only issue jk ever had was wanting bl priest balanced. 

To answer this question those of who were actually into pvp got tired of defending a deed full of people who had no interest in raising their accounts to be pvp ready, we gave up the capital because only 2-3 accounts at the time of the siege were even nearing a place that was considered mid tier pvp accounts (40 strength 70 shield), we decided not to defend because any win we got would not have kept us in Malice in the long-term due to the disinterest the vast majority had for any kind of pvp activities or even preparing for such.

17 hours ago, Atndy said:

That is against the rules. Your comment confuse me.

Right, thats what we said. But now i hear the gm telling people we cant make support tickets anymore. I would name and shame but im in the wrong kingdom so i would get banned for it

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 18:20, ViperSnake said:

Starter islands are not being abused, they are being used as intended. Instead there should be more deterrence when enemy kingdoms raid starter deeds. It is really difficult to teach new players how pvp works when their first encounter is an enemy kingdom coming to sack their helpless village because they are still learning. What did you expect to happen when BL and MR got pushed off the mainland and 2/3 of their players quit or defected to JK. If you are having such a hard time raiding starter deeds and want more pvp, let the server population grow back to a healthy level. I don't have a problem with the concept of "earning" the mainland, its just that when the 2 islands you cannot control  are under constant attack, it really kills the server.

i have nothing against the starter islands defending new players, but what i was talking about is having END game players sitting on starter islands with titles and stuff that the starter islands shouldnt have....

there should be mechanics to prevent BOTH  end-game ""griefers"" hitting on new players and "smart end-game players" that decided to live on starter becouse of the infinite buffs they get there.

and do not forget.... if end-game players are down to starter islands now is becouse you are sitting there, and they come down there to find some pvp since you guys dont like to come out of starter, if not on a super speedy boat that can get you out of troubles  asap.

Edited by Leafa

Let's be honest with ourselves, changing tower capping / starter deeds is just a waste of time - it will be 'fun' for a week whilst JK raid/pvp, and then once everyone abandons the server is will be pvp server museum 3(or is it 4?). 

You may aswel save yourself the time and let defiance die to avoid upsetting people, the vets can keep the skills etc they worked hard for and they can play on it  all they like as it is like chaos/epic. 

Make a new server people will want to play/pvp on that is constantly rebalancing to keep it engaging.

• Like 1

combine all pvp servers into one, with no starter islands :) its time to bite the bullet and realize for PvP to ever be sustainable it cant be split across 3 clusters.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2023 at 7:22 AM, Leafa said:

i have nothing against the starter islands defending new players, but what i was talking about is having END game players sitting on starter islands with titles and stuff that the starter islands shouldnt have....

there should be mechanics to prevent BOTH  end-game ""griefers"" hitting on new players and "smart end-game players" that decided to live on starter becouse of the infinite buffs they get there.

and do not forget.... if end-game players are down to starter islands now is becouse you are sitting there, and they come down there to find some pvp since you guys dont like to come out of starter, if not on a super speedy boat that can get you out of troubles  asap.

What if there's only 1 or 2 end gamers in a kingdom? Should they have to leave the starter to play solo? Or should they quit to freedom then there's no experienced players to try to build a kingdom up? Maybe that's what you are intending?

I think trebs would need a nerf if we didn't have the current starter area rules. 

Edited by Omar

Higher skilled players hate building towers because they get nothing from it. Lower mistakenly think it's good skill gain, at least they do get something, and seem to get a sense of achievement. 

Personally I hate going around a map with a lot of towers. This and I've always argued for game rules that advantage casual and new players are the reasons I'm against tower capping, I think it's not a really horrible change but I'm against it. 

If you wanted to make the game less tedious, I propose changing all gods to have the same saccing favor from butchering products as Libilia or all gods to have every favor bonus (advantage to enemies, don't ever say I only argue for my kingdom 😛 )

Edited by Omar

On 2/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, Darklords said:

With the launch of Holy Sites next week(Match 7th) we will be bringing PMK's to defiance

@DarklordsThat was a month ago.  Where are we on this?

Hmm sounds like we need an update on whats delaying PMK  :)

Edited by Nocturnes

15 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

Hmm sounds like we need an update on whats delaying PMK  :)

must be subnautica wurm style 😂

Soooo about them strong groups on starter and it needs a nerf...  proven little bit incorrect isn't it?   I wonder where that idea came from?

Should nerf trebs on starter areas.

2 hours ago, Omar said:

Soooo about them strong groups on starter and it needs a nerf...  proven little bit incorrect isn't it?   I wonder where that idea came from?

explain

7 hours ago, Omar said:

Uhmm, part of the server settings is that siege damage IS reduced on starter island though?

3 hours ago, Pseudopseudo0 said:

any update?

HERE is the latest update on PMK's

Edited by Sinnjinn
  • Like 3
  • Cat 2

On 4/13/2023 at 4:08 AM, Trash said:

explain

Sounds like you got an excellent explanation, as always 

15 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Sounds like you got an excellent explanation, as always 

Dadler I think it's time for your weekly "guis lets stay on topic" post :D