Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

6 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Cleanse spell should convert bl to wl with a chance to straight up kill every bl in the aoe

I can agrre to tha last part if it includes the chance to kill any enemies. But I dont see any use of the converting part or how that would benefit the pvp-server. It would be kinda boring at the end of the day if everyone was wl dont you think?

I love how this turns into another than pvp for it on the pvp server... all tower capping does is realistically benefit the more dominant kingdom. This mechanic can basically wipe out a kingdom within a few days or a week if they can't expand in any direction. Then the next thing someone will say is then drop a deed so prevent them from capping in the area. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why everyone on chaos and epic got it removed in the first place. This mechanic always will and forever favor the more dominant side in every scenario. 

Make pmks put in the work. Keep it the way it is. I would definitely at least allow you to build a tower wherever of course with certain restrictions, because otherwise how is a pmk gonna start anywhere. I would double the effects of unchained towers. And include decay into it. That starts 1 week after the tower is unchained for the rest of the towers to start decaying at a rapid speed. Also make guards gradually stronger the "deeper" they are or closer they are to the capital. Also make it so you can't switch capital for like 30-60 days and it cannot be near the border of your influence. 

Tldr; building and bashing is still the best method that's the most balanced atm and favor the stronger side.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

I love how this turns into another than pvp for it on the pvp server... all tower capping does is realistically benefit the more dominant kingdom. This mechanic can basically wipe out a kingdom within a few days or a week if they can't expand in any direction. Then the next thing someone will say is then drop a deed so prevent them from capping in the area. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why everyone on chaos and epic got it removed in the first place. This mechanic always will and forever favor the more dominant side in every scenario. 

Make pmks put in the work. Keep it the way it is. I would definitely at least allow you to build a tower wherever of course with certain restrictions, because otherwise how is a pmk gonna start anywhere. I would double the effects of unchained towers. And include decay into it. That starts 1 week after the tower is unchained for the rest of the towers to start decaying at a rapid speed. Also make guards gradually stronger the "deeper" they are or closer they are to the capital. Also make it so you can't switch capital for like 30-60 days and it cannot be near the border of your influence. 

Tldr; building and bashing is still the best method that's the most balanced atm and favor the stronger side.

Tower bashing isn't being removed. Towers can be recapped leading to pvp engagements. Not matter what you implement on the pvp server that doesn't involve sitting on deed will help the side that leaves deed and enjoys playing on a pvp server. 

Pmk's have no starter islands to abuse, what you need more to be nerfed? dont allow them to use weapons? you cant ask a nerf everytime there will be a winning side, if those ppl  are in that position i think it's becouse  they earned it?

and pls dont drop it on "skills" again, the last fight jk vs mr, i enjoyed it but with your numbers i expected way more... hots on the other hand, wont even come out of their capital to fight....  

and its sad to see that everytime we get something that requires you to get out of your "comfy pve zone" you call out for a nerf.
p.s. "nerf starter islands" found 5 treasure chests the other day only on the mr starter island....

Waaaaaa!!!! then don't pmk. Simple. if you want starter islands. See how easy that was? You have to give up something if you want it like pmks. Not empower the sole group that's pushing it. Literally everyone else but the core JK group is pushing for this change because it'll benefit them only really. -1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leafa said:

then start playing pvp on this pvp server..... honestly you talking about nerfing pmks when YOU are abusing starter islands? shame on you really.

So the rules should benefit you and your group cause my deed is on starter?  And this IS NOT nerfing PMK's.  It's about not giving them a HUGE buff.  

When did we ever push for tower capping? I hate tower capping it takes forever and is buggy. 

3 hours ago, Atndy said:

Cleanse spell should convert bl to wl with a chance to straight up kill every bl in the aoe

Dont even know who are but you sound like a core jk player already :)

2 hours ago, Leafa said:

Pmk's have no starter islands to abuse, what you need more to be nerfed? dont allow them to use weapons? you cant ask a nerf everytime there will be a winning side, if those ppl  are in that position i think it's becouse  they earned it?

and pls dont drop it on "skills" again, the last fight jk vs mr, i enjoyed it but with your numbers i expected way more... hots on the other hand, wont even come out of their capital to fight....  

and its sad to see that everytime we get something that requires you to get out of your "comfy pve zone" you call out for a nerf.
p.s. "nerf starter islands" found 5 treasure chests the other day only on the mr starter island....

Starter islands are not being abused, they are being used as intended. Instead there should be more deterrence when enemy kingdoms raid starter deeds. It is really difficult to teach new players how pvp works when their first encounter is an enemy kingdom coming to sack their helpless village because they are still learning. What did you expect to happen when BL and MR got pushed off the mainland and 2/3 of their players quit or defected to JK. If you are having such a hard time raiding starter deeds and want more pvp, let the server population grow back to a healthy level. I don't have a problem with the concept of "earning" the mainland, its just that when the 2 islands you cannot control  are under constant attack, it really kills the server.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Joemog said:

The people in charge of Wurm rather encourage raiding of starter areas and even starter deeds even exploits confirmed by devs. Asking a GM about this they will tell you that if you PVP dont store your items there rather than listen to anything you have to say.

Says the one whom placed a deed beside an alliance member. Left the alliance then raided said deed. Get off your high horse. Oh and then put in 50 support tickets when the same was done to yourself.

Edited by Atndy
  • Like 2

I mean it's all guessing how tower capping will be for the server.  People think that JK is just going to cap every single tower which is pretty funny.  Each kingdom has a different TZ supremacy.  If BL are capping towers with their 40 people JK isn't going to contest it.  If all kingdoms are capping towers of the PMK in the middle from the edges theres no way the 3rd largest kingdom can keep up with that.  Basically the more towers you own the more upkeep it is to hold them in your countrol.  That's really the huge downside of it.  Tower really just don't defend themselves unless you build a deed on one and defend the deed.

I think the tower destroying/building has been mostly negative for starter kingdoms?  BL is the only kingdom that has been pushed off the mainland.  Now they have to build all new towers and whats the point of them doing that if they're just going to get bashed again.  It seems maying destruction is a big too egregious compared to just trading towers once in awhile like Chaos used to.  They say they'd rather rebuild them but they didn't even reinforce the ones they made and I don't see them rebuilding any time soon.

Edited by KarlFranz

@karlfranz
Im really bad at math could you help me count and name these 40 players? :)

1 hour ago, KarlFranz said:

If BL are capping towers with their 40 people JK isn't going to contest it.

Take your lies elsewhere, BL do not have anything like 40 active players. And not 40 fighters. 

Refer back to my post about "post names of pvp ready fighters that we have or STFU".  You could try, then compare that list to JK, it will be 1/10 of the fighting power. Please stop posting you are either lying or ignorant of how things are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Atndy said:

Sounds like you want to control the people in your kingdom. Perhaps you would be interested in making a Pmk? 

That wouldn't prevent any of the problems about deed switching I listed.

Edited by Omar

On 16/03/2023 at 09:12, Omar said:

NPC tower defenders should need to be all killed otherwise they'll just be kited, so 2 players could cap a tower.

well, if you let 2 players cap towers, thats on YOU for not going out to stop them, cant ask devs to change game mechanics becouse you are too lazy to pvp.

• Like 2

Remove skill loss when dying in pvp. Add a chance for a random affinity even if the player does not have one.

@Atndy but then your kingdom would not benefit from transferring alts to other kingdoms to kill them for fs and affinities? This suggestion does confuse me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, feldoh said:

@Atndy but then your kingdom would not benefit from transferring alts to other kingdoms to kill them for fs and affinities? This suggestion does confuse me 

That is against the rules. Your comment confuse me.

Edited by Atndy

From an outside perspective, tower capping looks like another change supported solely by a single kingdom.

It reminds me of the campaign to make the centre of Defiance into a HoTA zone, which coincidentally would have meant the removal of the BL capital.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

12 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

From an outside perspective, tower capping looks like another change supported solely by a single kingdom.

It reminds me of the campaign to make the centre of Defiance into a HoTA zone, which coincidentally would have meant the removal of the BL capital.

It also reminds me of the fuel that caused jk to remove bl from said capital. Don't forget our capital was right beside yours and would have gotten deleted just the same. Also jk has not once pushed for tower capping that is a sole darklords suggestion that I believe everyone is benign on. Weird how the people actually pvping and playing on a pvp server are still playing the game. 

Outsider prospective this. Why did bl give up malice? Why did bl stop logging in? You guys like to point fingers and tread jk for "pushing for malicious updates that only support them."  The only things we supported benefited everyone on the server. Treasure chest, aggressive mobs giving sleep powder, Depot.

The only issue jk ever had was wanting bl priest balanced.