Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

Does this mean if I build a tower for MR I am actually just building it for JK?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thegrayfox said:

Does this mean if I build a tower for MR I am actually just building it for JK?

They could also just bash towers, this just really gives people the chance to cap them back without needing to bash and rebuild so seems to me would help here as before the back and forth just was not worth the amount of time to bash and rebuild stuff.

9 minutes ago, Darklords said:

They could also just bash towers, this just really gives people the chance to cap them back without needing to bash and rebuild so seems to me would help here as before the back and forth just was not worth the amount of time to bash and rebuild stuff.

Makes sense -- I suppose getting the towers on my doorstep capped rather than full bashed would be better for me anyways as it gives me the opportunity to recap.

Thanks for the response!

There might be problems with the AI here, if guards are going to run around and find anybody but the capturing person last it's going to be super easy to just run them in circles for 10 minutes instead of killing them.

What about preventing people from instantly deeding the capped area? What's to stop a kingdom from taking all the land of a smaller kingdom and put a deed on it withing 24-72 hours? 

1 hour ago, Carmichael said:

What about preventing people from instantly deeding the capped area? What's to stop a kingdom from taking all the land of a smaller kingdom and put a deed on it withing 24-72 hours? 

That would also prevent the smaller kingdoms from dropping deeds? 

Edited by Atndy

guards need buffed or alot more guards to be added for waves and bashing.
guards are so weak that their literally useless. a person with around 30 body str can solo a guard tower. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darklords said:

Whats to stop a kingdom from mass capping out a smaller kingdom with lots of land though?

Honestly I would strongly reconsider allowing newly founded pmks from being able to convert their current deeds outside of whatever their capital is gunna be. If you want a pmk you gotta give up some stuff. There has to be downsides to it. Not making it easier to recontrol land as a new kingdom.

And keep it to bashing towers only, it saves a world of headaches, and it was removed on chaos and epic for a reason. Was it not?

Edited by Carmichael

I don't like tower capping at all now, unless there's some feature to slow it - reason is it helps the dominant kingdom to much.

Can't use enemy alts for pvp purposes so they shouldn't be bashing towers, unless some KvK fighting, hopefully less now with PMKs (although it seems some players are "playing as just the alt" to get around this rule).

NPC tower defenders should need to be all killed otherwise they'll just be kited, so 2 players could cap a tower.

What's happening with the deed 'kingdom switching' abuse issue? What's to stop a faction in our kingdom and alliance dropping a deed close to us then having it join a PMK? A new PMK group should not be able to convert existing deeds. What happens if only half the kingdom wants to make a PMK? Cluster fck of deeds and territory. Or a traitor mayor converts stealing the kingdoms territory. 

Edited by Omar

For me, as a builder, it's kinda sad to see that my job is becoming more and more irrelevant and obsolete. But if this means more fun for the PvP folks, I'm all for it.

Maybe I'm just playing a wrong game. But that's on me.

• Like 1

Whats the balancing idea here? To me it sounds like it just allows the dominant group of players to increase their kingdoms influence with less work? This mechanic seems to do nothing to help balance the power, it just reinforces the imbalance?

As far as I can tell the only thing preventing a "one-kingdom-only" situation is that people are getting bored of recapturing and/or reacting to tower captures. May happen, but if balancing relies on the game being boring thats not great game design.

• Like 5

Tower capping sounds like a great idea, gonna love losing all our towers. rip 

Honestly would rather lose and rebuild a tower then let JK cap it. But that's just me 

12 hours ago, Darklords said:

Will likely make a dedicated thread but before that wanted to see how people felt about this for capping mechanics on towers going forward.

• Can once again capture enemy towers but with some restrictions this time.
    • To capture a tower you must have a chained tower within chaining distance of the tower you wish to capture, the new tower must be able to connect to the chain as soon as it is captured to be a valid target.
    • Tower capture timer is now 10 minutes and will spawn waves of creatures bigger then bashing and announce globally as before, guards will search on spawn near the tower for enemies other then the person capturing and attack them only resorting to attacking the person capturing if there is no other valid targets near the tower.
    • When a tower is captured it cannot be taken again for 24 hours, but may still be bashed at any time.
    • Cannot capture towers period within base kingdoms starter areas or the Base Kingdom Only zone around the starters, bashing still works as before.(For defiance only)
    • Can now build towers near enemy ones just within chaining range, you will still not be able to drop a village any closer then currently possible though.
    • Cannot capture tower on enemy deeds, they are able to be bashed still though.
  • Bashing towers is still allowed and works as current, you can now bash your own kingdoms towers but it will now send several warning messages to everyone in your kingdom very early on and still spawn guards you must kill to prevent abuse with alt accounts.

If this is the set of rules you're going forward with, you may as well just auto-convert all towers to the dominant kingdom.  This is all you're doing if you don't put it some restrictions, or make it more difficult then this

then start playing pvp on this pvp server..... honestly you talking about nerfing pmks when YOU are abusing starter islands? shame on you really.

Edited by Leafa

Get rid of all tower Chaining.

Allow deeds to be planted anywhere within 3  locals (240 tiles in all directions) of a Original PMK deed/Starter Deed 

Allow Towers to be built with same Spacing rules within 3  locals (240 tiles in all directions) of a Original PMK deed/Starter Deed

Cannot PMK within 150 tiles of a Original PMK deed/Starter Deed 240 tile radius So 390 tiles from PMK deed/Starter Deed

Land control fixed.

Edited by hemrzz

4 hours ago, Shinso said:

guards need buffed or alot more guards to be added for waves and bashing.
guards are so weak that their literally useless. a person with around 30 body str can solo a guard tower. 

I also second this. Perhaps give them archery and magic. (Fireheart/hypothermia for wl and wurmbrains for bl.) Have it on like a 1 minute cool down. Gg guards suddenly become scary.

9 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

If this is the set of rules you're going forward with, you may as well just auto-convert all towers to the dominant kingdom.  This is all you're doing if you don't put it some restrictions, or make it more difficult then this

Wurm is a game about control. You joined the losing side and then complain? Deeds create footholds and defending them allows you to keep them. Not everything in the game should be handed to you. Want the dominate kingdom to stop capping towers? Fight them. Can't fight them? Cap the towers in the middle of the night and deed them. 

3 hours ago, Omar said:

I don't like tower capping at all now, unless there's some feature to slow it - reason is it helps the dominant kingdom to much.

Can't use enemy alts for pvp purposes so they shouldn't be bashing towers, unless some KvK fighting, hopefully less now with PMKs (although it seems some players are "playing as just the alt" to get around this rule).

NPC tower defenders should need to be all killed otherwise they'll just be kited, so 2 players could cap a tower.

What's happening with the deed 'kingdom switching' abuse issue? What's to stop a faction in our kingdom and alliance dropping a deed close to us then having it join a PMK? A new PMK group should not be able to convert existing deeds. What happens if only half the kingdom wants to make a PMK? Cluster fck of deeds and territory. Or a traitor mayor converts stealing the kingdoms territory. 

Sounds like you want to control the people in your kingdom. Perhaps you would be interested in making a Pmk? 

dont forget that the towers capping is PVP oriented, if you boost the guards too much those towers will be impossible to be capped if there is pvp.

all you'll need then would be one guy to de-horse everyone and let you die to guards.

Edited by Leafa

30 minutes ago, Leafa said:

all you'll need then would be one guy to de-horse everyone and let you die to guards.

Totally like this idea!

Give Lib priests a de-horse spell that kill all enemy horses in local and then buff guards so they are stronk like bull. 

The spell should take 5 sec to cast, use 20 favor and have a difficulty of 15. Maybe a 2 min cool down could be added to avoid spamming.

2 minutes ago, Tizug said:

Totally like this idea!

Give Lib priests a de-horse spell that kill all enemy horses in local and then buff guards so they are stronk like bull. 

The spell should take 5 sec to cast, use 20 favor and have a difficulty of 15. Maybe a 2 min cool down could be added to avoid spamming.

Cleanse spell should convert bl to wl with a chance to straight up kill every bl in the aoe