Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

Would it be possible to even just be able to convert deeds in the first week without linking, this would help ease the need to bash and build dozens of towers as soon as possible to reclaim deeds which the alliance already own

Tower capping seems like it could be fun, but again I'm new here. I don't know the mechanics.

It seems like it was a 5 minute timer though?? That seems too short for a huge map with no rare speed traits or rare horse gear.

Edited by Pukaria

24 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Because it really benefits the stronger groups and snowballing things more as those are the people who can mostly ignore those penalties. Which is what happened last time with the stronger group using it to deed far away from their home lands without needing to chain towers which totally defeats the point of that system. Was the reason why that was disabled before and is no longer possible, we would need to find some middle ground to make sure your not able to use say a HOTS accounts to make a village in their influence and just convert it to a PMK far from your home lands seems extremely abuse prone and not sure its a road we want to go down again.

Can we not find a middle ground with like a week/2 weeks/month of tower capping? That way all current players wanting to PMK have the option to do so... This gives time to develop better options?

I do like the idea of tower capping in general. I'm not sure exactly how the old system worked but bashing a tower to just rebuild it with our own is very tedious. I do want to make it a process though. Maybe 5 minutes and then fight waves at 30%,60%,90% just like bashing?  As far as the linking and influence that's beyond my knowledge of the game but would be nice if it could be done correctly.

Edited by Rockmodd

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

Are people interested in trying out the capping style of towers again in general?  I have seen some complaints about the new bashing style being a bit tedious from many people and there is no reason we could not look into a new style of capping that takes chaining into consideration somehow for all PvP servers in general again.

I like the idea of tower capping in theory (I've not playing PvP long enough to know how it worked before) but I would be concerned that one group would own all the towers on the server very quickly

• Like 2

If you are considering re-adding tower capping, you should open a new thread in feature feedback about it so that the discussion doesn't get muddled up with general PMK stuff. I'd be open to it but its important to draw attention to the idea so everyone can have their say. I agree that constantly bashing and rebuilding towers is incredibly tedious and PMKs will make that tedium even worse. 

Edited by Ols
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

I like the idea of tower capping in theory (I've not playing PvP long enough to know how it worked before) but I would be concerned that one group would own all the towers on the server very quickly

Yeah that may need some looking at as well. Perhaps a longer timer for each tower owned, or base it off of influence of that kingdom.

28 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

People could just recap them though so its counter balanced. 

Break alter does what it says, It was nerfed on defiance to make the WL/BL unbreakable. This is has been reverted so you can now destroy them with enough people casting 'break alter' 

2 hours ago, Ols said:

If you are considering re-adding tower capping, you should open a new thread in feature feedback about it so that the discussion doesn't get muddled up with general PMK stuff. I'd be open to it but it’s important to draw attention to the idea so everyone can have their say. I agree that constantly bashing and rebuilding towers is incredibly tedious and PMKs will make that tedium even worse. 

I think it’s a little late for a whole new suggestion thread.  This thread could have been 50 different suggestion threads already.

Are towers still bashable with the capping system?  I don’t see why it wouldnt hurt to have both options available.  Not sure bashing was an option before when tower capping was used, that pre-dates me.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:41 AM, Darklords said:

Several different over the years, started on serenity with JK Home, moved to elevation with the ele JKE group for years.  Then we all hopped over to chaos, joined JKC till MRC disbanded then all of us who came from epic broke off and made The Crusaders. Went back to epic and we all joined Rome for awhile that was fun and think after TC disbanded that was about the end of my PvP time as I was taking on responsibilities that made it hard for people to trust my intentions being part of any 1 group of players.

So it does seem my test setup led me astray as far as building towers to close my apologies for that, I see us having 2 options here, first we can go ahead with the PMK launch today but converting villages will not be part of it for a short period till we sort out how that can happen now.  The other option is in the next few days having a Defiance only reset with something to allow the conversion of existing deed in a way that isn't able to be abused which is my biggest concern with making it to easy to do as we don't want people using this to bypass chaining like was happening before.

Are people interested in trying out the capping style of towers again in general?  I have seen some complaints about the new bashing style being a bit tedious from many people and there is no reason we could not look into a new style of capping that takes chaining into consideration somehow for all PvP servers in general again.

@DarklordsIt's been "New few days" Any update or timeline on PMKS?

On 3/7/2023 at 6:41 AM, Darklords said:

So it does seem my test setup led me astray as far as building towers to close my apologies for that, I see us having 2 options here, first we can go ahead with the PMK launch today but converting villages will not be part of it for a short period till we sort out how that can happen now.  The other option is in the next few days having a Defiance only reset with something to allow the conversion of existing deed in a way that isn't able to be abused which is my biggest concern with making it to easy to do as we don't want people using this to bypass chaining like was happening before.

I would separate the caps per spawn of guards if you're able to split it up into 3, last cap being the shortest obviously since the guards spawning are done. 1/3 caps in order to regain the tower fully the kingdom can recap

But i would still keep the option to bash too, but make it so you cant cap towers in the middle of kingdoms influence only the furthest from the chain in

12 hours ago, Carmichael said:

I would separate the caps per spawn of guards if you're able to split it up into 3, last cap being the shortest obviously since the guards spawning are done. 1/3 caps in order to regain the tower fully the kingdom can recap

I had an idea that would both keep towers from being capped en masse, and provide a bit of needing to defend them.  For a certain period of time (24 hours?) after a kingdom caps a tower, the original kingdom can come and reclaim it with an action much quicker then the capping action.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sinnjinn said:

I had an idea that would both keep towers from being capped en masse, and provide a bit of needing to defend them.  For a certain period of time (24 hours?) after a kingdom caps a tower, the original kingdom can come and reclaim it with an action much quicker then the capping action.

With that youd need to put a cooldown on putting a deed down after capping it

I would also put a limit as to how many deeds you can convert with a PMK. I'd say Max 3.... after that you gotta recap your stuff back if you want it under a new PMK.

Edited by Carmichael

On 3/11/2023 at 7:46 AM, Sinnjinn said:

Nice, yeah capping en masse is a problem.
I was thinking something like - Tower cap becomes available after 24hrs of touching your influence (+10? tile between influences / blocking radius). This stops random capping all over the place as well. 

Edited by Omar

1 hour ago, Omar said:

Nice, yeah capping en masse is a problem.
I was thinking something like - Tower cap becomes available after 24hrs of touching your influence (+10? tile between influences / blocking radius). This stops random capping all over the place as well. 

Cap one tower a day? No. If you want to stop someone from capping kill them.

Thinking I read that wrong like you can only cap towers on the edge of your influence? That's really going to hinder newer Pmks trying to get a foothold.

Edited by Atndy

On 3/15/2023 at 7:24 AM, Atndy said:

Cap one tower a day? No. If you want to stop someone from capping kill them.

Thinking I read that wrong like you can only cap towers on the edge of your influence? That's really going to hinder newer Pmks trying to get a foothold.

Could leave off the 24hr timer for PMK intro. 
Yeah no limit on capping, just couldn't go around capping the whole map.
Could leave bashing in.

100% you should be able to bash your own towers.

Edited by Omar

Will likely make a dedicated thread but before that wanted to see how people felt about this for capping mechanics on towers going forward.

• Can once again capture enemy towers but with some restrictions this time.
    • To capture a tower you must have a chained tower within chaining distance of the tower you wish to capture, the new tower must be able to connect to the chain as soon as it is captured to be a valid target.
    • Tower capture timer is now 10 minutes and will spawn waves of creatures bigger then bashing and announce globally as before, guards will search on spawn near the tower for enemies other then the person capturing and attack them only resorting to attacking the person capturing if there is no other valid targets near the tower.
    • When a tower is captured it cannot be taken again for 24 hours, but may still be bashed at any time.
    • Cannot capture towers period within base kingdoms starter areas or the Base Kingdom Only zone around the starters, bashing still works as before.(For defiance only)
    • Can now build towers near enemy ones just within chaining range, you will still not be able to drop a village any closer then currently possible though.
    • Cannot capture tower on enemy deeds, they are able to be bashed still though.
  • Bashing towers is still allowed and works as current, you can now bash your own kingdoms towers but it will now send several warning messages to everyone in your kingdom very early on and still spawn guards you must kill to prevent abuse with alt accounts.

5 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Will likely make a dedicated thread but before that wanted to see how people felt about this for capping mechanics on towers going forward.

• Can once again capture enemy towers but with some restrictions this time.
    • To capture a tower you must have a chained tower within chaining distance of the tower you wish to capture, the new tower must be able to connect to the chain as soon as it is captured to be a valid target.
    • Tower capture timer is now 10 minutes and will spawn waves of creatures bigger then bashing and announce globally as before, guards will search on spawn near the tower for enemies other then the person capturing and attack them only resorting to attacking the person capturing if there is no other valid targets near the tower.
    • When a tower is captured it cannot be taken again for 24 hours, but may still be bashed at any time.
    • Cannot capture towers period within base kingdoms starter areas or the Base Kingdom Only zone around the starters, bashing still works as before.(For defiance only)
  • Bashing towers is still allowed and works as current, you can now bash your own kingdoms towers but it will now send several warning messages to everyone in your kingdom very early on and still spawn guards you must kill to prevent abuse with alt accounts.

Is this defiance only or is chaos included? 

1 minute ago, Atndy said:

Is this defiance only or is chaos included? 

Would include all PvP servers.

29 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Tower capture timer is now 10 minutes and will spawn waves of creatures bigger then bashing and announce globally as before, guards will search on spawn near the tower for enemies other then the person capturing and attack them only resorting to attacking the person capturing if there is no other valid targets near the tower.

Now when you say larger waves. Right now it's based on ql will it still be based on ql just x2 or 1.5x? Or will be a set amount always regardless of ql? 

12 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Now when you say larger waves. Right now it's based on ql will it still be based on ql just x2 or 1.5x? Or will be a set amount always regardless of ql? 

Up in the air, easy enough to set was figuring somewhere around the 1.5-2x area though ya.