Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

2 hours ago, Ols said:

Although I'm not a mind reader, I'm guessing its a reference to when someone was banned without a reason being supplied and unbanned without a reason being supplied.

Do they normally ban/unban people and make public announcements I feel like most games don’t talk about stuff unless it’s huge. Hell I feel like a lot of games crack down on even talking about that kinda stuff 

@Darklords

roughly 24 hours until pmks get hit their second release date, is there any information available to the playerbase yet?

if a white light kingdom converts blacklight are there going to be gms available to swap peoples faith with a reasonable time? i waited like 35 days the last time I needed a faith transfer fixed

is deed converting going to be a thing?

is there a grace period for converting deeds as the entire middle of the map would need to be bashed for deeds to be converted to different kingdoms?

are pmks actually hitting tomorrow?

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 4

I thought we agreed that pmks would be 10g's, cant have priests, limited to one grid on the map and your toons get permadeath when you die. Cause i feel these are things that would benefit me alot, so the whole community agrees with it. also it would add more pvp

• Like 4
  • Cat 2

26 minutes ago, feldoh said:

I thought we agreed that pmks would be 10g's, cant have priests, limited to one grid on the map and your toons get permadeath when you die. Cause i feel these are things that would benefit me alot, so the whole community agrees with it. also it would add more pvp

+1

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, feldoh said:

They also need a -10CR malus and be unable to ride horses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, platinumteef said:

@Darklords

roughly 24 hours until pmks get hit their second release date, is there any information available to the playerbase yet?

if a white light kingdom converts blacklight are there going to be gms available to swap peoples faith with a reasonable time? i waited like 35 days the last time I needed a faith transfer fixed

is deed converting going to be a thing?

is there a grace period for converting deeds as the entire middle of the map would need to be bashed for deeds to be converted to different kingdoms?

are pmks actually hitting tomorrow?

No faith converting available outside existing mechanics.

You will be able to convert a deed given that it is only inside the new kingdoms influence and no other kingdoms influence, also the nearest tower from the converting kingdom must be chained to the capital.

No grace period, its not really something we can enforce as any kind of ban on pvp would not allow you to destroy the enemy towers as we can't know who made what and who is trying to take what land from who ect.

We plan to enable them tomorrow, later in the evening there is some setup after its back up required for the zones and was not sure how busy we would be with holy sites right at launch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

You will be able to convert a deed given that it is only inside the new kingdoms influence and no other kingdoms influence, also the nearest tower from the converting kingdom must be chained to the capital.

Does a deed not give its own influence though? Therefore you not going to be able to convert a deed without disbanding it? 

5 minutes ago, Darklords said:

how can you get a tower close enough to "link" to a deed for a convert when you can't build a tower within 150+ tiles of a deed

4 minutes ago, Darklords said:

I don't think there is a mechanical way to go from WL to BL without a gm to convert and take the swap token away.

9 minutes ago, Atndy said:

I don't think there is a mechanical way to go from WL to BL without a gm to convert and take the swap token away.

Will see what we can do about that but unlikely it will be tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

how can you get a tower close enough to "link" to a deed for a convert when you can't build a tower within 150+ tiles of a deed

I will double check and see why it let me do that testing might be the test flag somehow, if that is the case we can always reset defiance later in the afternoon by its self and get a different mechanic in before we enable them.

Yeah so we can now build towers ontop of enemy deeds? Please test stuff before you put them live

9 minutes ago, feldoh said:

Yeah so we can now build towers ontop of enemy deeds? Please test stuff before you put them live

There can sometimes be differences between test and live setups that someone may have put in to make testing 1 thing easier, but it can make it possible to miss other things as it relies on the previous behavior will check it out and get something revised out as mentioned. Its been a long time since I've played PvP as its pretty impossible for me to join a group without bias accusations, so I do tend to not be as up and up on how exactly everything should function by default these days. Hard to remember how every mechanic in Wurm works there is hundreds of individual system.

• Like 1

allow people within their own kingdoms to bash their own towers regardless of being deeded if there isn't going to be a grace period

we have like 87 towers to get rid of 

what is going to be done about the fact that all 3 kingdoms have to tower chain to their desired location and then go back and bash all of their towers they just made

how can a group start a pmk when there is 12 towers within the local of their capital when they cant bash towers of their same kingdom, do they have to disband their deeds and change to another kingdom and bash those towers and repay for their deed etc?

Is the old tower capping method available as a temporary remedy? Surely it's a middle ground to all 3 issues at play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

I'm new to this. What are the existing mechanics?

We are WL. If my 100 faith priest is a citizen of a deed that converts to a BL PMK, what happens?

Fo isn't an eligible god for BL. Do I lose all faith? Do I autoswap Lib since that's the only option? Do I stay inactive as Fo somehow??

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

Right now I am mayor of a deed that is not going to be a capital of a PMK. It's in JK influence.

How do I convert it?? I can't bash the JK towers linking it now til after I'm converted to PMK, but I can't convert to PMK til the JK influence is gone and PMK towers are built. 🤔

4 hours ago, Pukaria said:

I'm new to this. What are the existing mechanics?

We are WL. If my 100 faith priest is a citizen of a deed that converts to a BL PMK, what happens?

Fo isn't an eligible god for BL. Do I lose all faith? Do I autoswap Lib since that's the only option? Do I stay inactive as Fo somehow??

I was wondering the same.  What is the correct order of operations for faith swapping without having to create a support ticket?

I made a supp ticket a while back about swapping when I went BL to WL to make sure i was getting the PEMDAS right.

how it worked then was. Buy swap from token, find altar, right click altar and search for new swap religion menu option, redeem option, choose faith. When I went BL to WL i was able to choose faith and kingdom. 

Do not change kingdom manually, you will lose your faith. 

Edited by Melros
  • Like 1

Could temp allow mayors to convert. 

13 hours ago, Darklords said:

There can sometimes be differences between test and live setups that someone may have put in to make testing 1 thing easier, but it can make it possible to miss other things as it relies on the previous behavior will check it out and get something revised out as mentioned. Its been a long time since I've played PvP as its pretty impossible for me to join a group without bias accusations, so I do tend to not be as up and up on how exactly everything should function by default these days. Hard to remember how every mechanic in Wurm works there is hundreds of individual system.

:blink:

If that's not a secret what kingdom did you play when you playd PvP?

Edited by Ism

3 hours ago, Ism said:

:blink:

If that's not a secret what kingdom did you play when you playd PvP?

Several different over the years, started on serenity with JK Home, moved to elevation with the ele JKE group for years.  Then we all hopped over to chaos, joined JKC till MRC disbanded then all of us who came from epic broke off and made The Crusaders. Went back to epic and we all joined Rome for awhile that was fun and think after TC disbanded that was about the end of my PvP time as I was taking on responsibilities that made it hard for people to trust my intentions being part of any 1 group of players.

So it does seem my test setup led me astray as far as building towers to close my apologies for that, I see us having 2 options here, first we can go ahead with the PMK launch today but converting villages will not be part of it for a short period till we sort out how that can happen now.  The other option is in the next few days having a Defiance only reset with something to allow the conversion of existing deed in a way that isn't able to be abused which is my biggest concern with making it to easy to do as we don't want people using this to bypass chaining like was happening before.

Are people interested in trying out the capping style of towers again in general?  I have seen some complaints about the new bashing style being a bit tedious from many people and there is no reason we could not look into a new style of capping that takes chaining into consideration somehow for all PvP servers in general again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Several different over the years, started on serenity with JK Home, moved to elevation with the ele JKE group for years.  Then we all hopped over to chaos, joined JKC till MRC disbanded then all of us who came from epic broke off and made The Crusaders. Went back to epic and we all joined Rome for awhile that was fun and think after TC disbanded that was about the end of my PvP time as I was taking on responsibilities that made it hard for people to trust my intentions being part of any 1 group of players.

So it does seem my test setup led me astray as far as building towers to close my apologies for that, I see us having 2 options here, first we can go ahead with the PMK launch today but converting villages will not be part of it for a short period till we sort out how that can happen now.  The other option is in the next few days having a Defiance only reset with something to allow the conversion of existing deed in a way that isn't able to be abused which is my biggest concern with making it to easy to do as we don't want people using this to bypass chaining like was happening before.

Are people interested in trying out the capping style of towers again in general?  I have seen some complaints about the new bashing style being a bit tedious from many people and there is no reason we could not look into a new style of capping that takes chaining into consideration somehow for all PvP servers in general again.

yes, pls let us cap.

Edited by Trash

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Y E S

4 minutes ago, Darklords said:

my biggest concern with making it to easy to do as we don't want people using this to bypass chaining like was happening before.

You already have all the negatives to unlinked deeds. Also this isn't like chaos where you can drop a freedom tower anywhere. I don't see any problem with just allowing us to convert mayors and the towers on deed like the old system did. 

11 minutes ago, Atndy said:

You already have all the negatives to unlinked deeds. Also this isn't like chaos where you can drop a freedom tower anywhere. I don't see any problem with just allowing us to convert mayors and the towers on deed like the old system did. 

Because it really benefits the stronger groups and snowballing things more as those are the people who can mostly ignore those penalties. Which is what happened last time with the stronger group using it to deed far away from their home lands without needing to chain towers which totally defeats the point of that system. Was the reason why that was disabled before and is no longer possible, we would need to find some middle ground to make sure your not able to use say a HOTS accounts to make a village in their influence and just convert it to a PMK far from your home lands seems extremely abuse prone and not sure its a road we want to go down again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Darklords said:

There's pros and cons for both systems.  I just think that at the moment tower capping seems to be the easiest route for any group intending on pmking.  There obviously has to be limits put on for starter islands.  Just seems to be a well rounded fix thats already coded in the game.