Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

People were doing less than 5 damage Trash with 2 handers even, and Rockmodd was taking like less than 10 damage a hit... hmmmmm I wonder. 

2 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

People were doing less than 5 damage Trash with 2 handers even, and Rockmodd was taking like less than 10 damage a hit... hmmmmm I wonder. 

What do you expect with 30 body strength you aren't even on the bottom of the curve yet. You want pvp to be like Epic where new accounts are killing a vet player? (Deskjet) 

Edited by Atndy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

18 accounts with 30+ body str and 70+ fightskill in chain, plate and leather armor all 80+ ql. And you're telling me that that's not okay. Yall need to take a step back and seriously think about it

what are you asking for after that, do you want weapons to go back to doing the same amount of damage to all armor? you want all armor to have the same characteristics so that its just a style option?

do you want there to be a pvp experience handicap applied by staff set to character names and what side they are on

what do you want

Just now, Atndy said:

What do you expect with 30 body strength you aren't even on the bottom of the curve yet. You want pvp to be like Epic where new accounts are killing a vet player? (Deskjet)

What im saying is, if there are 18 people vs 4-6. The 4-6 people shouldn't even stand a chance at all. They should lose. It doesn't matter what gear you have or what kind of stats you have. They should be dead period.

• Like 1

Just now, Carmichael said:

What im saying is, if there are 18 people vs 4-6. The 4-6 people shouldn't even stand a chance at all. They should lose. It doesn't matter what gear you have or what kind of stats you have. They should be dead period.

in what game

mortal online where you grind for 6 hours and you're done? or wurm online where people have 500x the time investment that you have

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

what are you asking for after that, do you want weapons to go back to doing the same amount of damage to all armor? you want all armor to have the same characteristics so that its just a style option?

do you want there to be a pvp experience handicap applied by staff set to character names and what side they are on

what do you want

Let the devs figure it out so it's completely unbiased towards anyone. It's their job to develop and create the game. Why ask the player base for suggestions in regards to pvp if it's going to be biased

Just now, Carmichael said:

Let the devs figure it out so it's completely unbiased towards anyone. It's their job to develop and create the game. Why ask the player base for suggestions in regards to pvp if it's going to be biased

Technically this thread is about PMKS and issues with starters giving all reward with no risk. Nothing about pvp really.

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

in what game

mortal online where you grind for 6 hours and you're done? or wurm online where people have 500x the time investment that you have

Then raid everyone back to the starter deed again. Kill the server more. Because I'm not going to fight JK anytime soon. 

There no issue with starter islands, just nobody wants to fight JK

Edited by Carmichael
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, platinumteef said:

in what game

in mortal online you can 6v18 100% can link multiple videos of it

Edited by Sneeze

This thread reminds me of a large group of people in the UK, "I want to lay in bed all day but still get paid and own the best things".

reality check - want to be the best? graft, don't have time? don't cry just accept being mid-class.

topic related and unrelated suggestions would be - 

• Increase the loot from HOTA ect for members of starter island deeds/kingdoms that have not recently secured it.
  • Add PVP-related entries to the journal with "rewards" substantial enough for people to get excited. - KM travelled off the starter, deed found off the starter and held for x months, X amount of PVP kills and so on.
  • Give starter deeds X amount of months for "breathing space" after which the raid timers/draining are increased in line with the deeds off the starter.
  • Introduce PVP starter island bonuses to entice "new" people not only to jump servers but actually stay! - Rewards at different levels of playtime on the server ect

have a nice day!.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Carmichael said:

4-6 JK killed almost 18 people, the devs can figure out themselves what to do themselves. If 18 people can't kill 4-6 people because of a severe gap in stats then idk what else to tell ya. Instead of asking players, do your job and fix it yourself. It's actually pretty absurd that you guys just let ###### like this happen. 

You are actually quite delusional to be honest. Firstly out of your 18 players only like 13 had the skill to pop death tabs. Secondly you very nearly did kill 2 of our 6 accounts while we had to retreat and wait for back up. Once when we received 10 players all of which have have relatively decent accounts did we then start to turn the fight as your group split and got took apart. Maybe you should try cloth armour next time? Or maybe you could try BL? See if they are any better?

7 hours ago, Carmichael said:

4-6 JK killed almost 18 people, the devs can figure out themselves what to do themselves. If 18 people can't kill 4-6 people because of a severe gap in stats then idk what else to tell ya. Instead of asking players, do your job and fix it yourself. It's actually pretty absurd that you guys just let ###### like this happen. 

Were the 18 people using casted armour/weapons/jewelry, spell buffs to boost strength, CR, DR etc., war bonus, did they have some priest with offensive and healing capabilities ??? If so I can't imagine any scenario where almost all 18 people would wipe vs 4 (possibly 6), no matter what the skill gap, unless they severely lack, good leadership, tactics, situational awareness and group cohesion in pvp situations.

7 hours ago, Carmichael said:

18 accounts with 30+ body str and 70+ fightskill in chain, plate and leather armor all 80+ ql. And you're telling me that that's not okay. Yall need to take a step back and seriously think about i

And why are all these accounts only 30 something body strength with 70 fight skill, what are they fresh spawns, only been playing a month or two ? Servers been up 2 1/2 years, of course there are going to be highly skilled account around, especially with endless sleep bonus/powder, no fatigue cap if you use the freedom servers too, and guides on how to skill up quickly and efficiently. It couldn't be any easier to close the gap, just got to put the effort in.

Here is a link to one such guide https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/176149-grindin-everything/, be sure to share it with the 18 people that clearly need it.

The devs can figure it out, it's their job. As always the pvp side of this game is lacking. Always has been, always will be. 

9 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

The devs can figure it out, it's their job. As always the pvp side of this game is lacking. Always has been, always will be. 

PVP isn't this black-and-white concept that can be "fixed" with a brush stroke.  You have to define what needs fixing, and what's broken.  The fight you referenced isn't due to broken mechanics.  We had a guard tower, we had water, we had a boat to get low ppl out safely, and we still lost players.  You should have ran away when we brought the boat out.   You had guys running without shields, spears, some horses were non barded, etc.   The devs can't fix human choices and dictate how people should play pvp.  

If the devs "do something" today, it will be else something tomorrow.  

34 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

I understand you're frustrated.  And numbers SHOULD count for a lot.  But you know what counts for even more?  Tactics and good play.  When BL raided Puk's Summer Home, we got wiped.  13?  14? people I think.  They had 6 or 7 at the deed, and only 5 later chasing on a boat.  and they wiped us.  Because of bad play.  

I agree that it's a huge problem that JK has a vast majority of the strong players, but that's not really a Dev problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DADLER said:

PVP isn't this black-and-white concept that can be "fixed" with a brush stroke.  You have to define what needs fixing, and what's broken.  The fight you referenced isn't due to broken mechanics.  We had a guard tower, we had water, we had a boat to get low ppl out safely, and we still lost players.  You should have ran away when we brought the boat out.   You had guys running without shields, spears, some horses were non barded, etc.   The devs can't fix human choices and dictate how people should play pvp.  

If the devs "do something" today, it will be else something tomorrow.  

People forgetting that player vs. player is a human vs. human dynamic baffles me a bit, ngl. There is no one fix, or surefire way to produce a particular outcome. People are not purely rational machines and they may still do things that do not promote regular combat even if the situation has changed in their favour. On the flip side, some people may take big risks even though the odds are stacked against them. To me if feels like people think its "too risky" to come off starter and fixing that perception in a way that doesn't make deeds unraidable seems very hard to do.

• Like 1

A good bunch of us found a great solution to simply not play while things are as crazy unfair as they are

And I guess that's the JK traitor group getting exactly what they want, so a win-win yeah?

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

14 minutes ago, Joemog said:

A good bunch of us found a great solution to simply not play while things are as crazy unfair as they are

And I guess that's the JK traitor group getting exactly what they want, so a win-win yeah?

Did someone in your group not die yesterday? good job of not playing

Did you not kill a drake recently? good job in not playing

Edited by Pnutp

56 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

Did you not kill a drake recently? good job in not playing

I guess getting kicked out of a group means everyone else are traitors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pnutp said:

You do know that Joemog and I are different people right?  and we don't follow him like lost puppies?

Just now, Sinnjinn said:

You do know that Joemog and I are different people right?  and we don't follow him like lost puppies?

Did you control his accounts to kill the drake?

49 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

Did you control his accounts to kill the drake?

That was over 2 weeks ago.  How long are things supposed to stay static?

3 hours ago, Joemog said:

what is unfair? out of curiosity

2 hours ago, Sneeze said:

what is unfair? out of curiosity

Although I'm not a mind reader, I'm guessing its a reference to when someone was banned without a reason being supplied and unbanned without a reason being supplied.