Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

1 hour ago, Atndy said:

Problem is you won't lose 99% of fights. Lib has unlimited favor. Takes maybe an hour to regear completely.

It's really hard to have legit discussions when you exaggerate things so wildly.  Or are you so out of touch that you really think this?

9 pieces of armor

a shield

a one handed weapon

a spear

a bow

arrows

1 (probably 2) bardings

8 horse shoes

2 saddles

That is the BARE MINIMUM for PvP.  And you're saying that can all be created, imp and cast on in an hour?  Then you must be using Nelse speed hacks, cause that is MANY hours of work for normal people

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

It's really hard to have legit discussions when you exaggerate things so wildly.  Or are you so out of touch that you really think this?

9 pieces of armor

a shield

a one handed weapon

a spear

a bow

arrows

1 (probably 2) bardings

8 horse shoes

2 saddles

That is the BARE MINIMUM for PvP.  And you're saying that can all be created, imp and cast on in an hour?  Then you must be using Nelse speed hacks, cause that is MANY hours of work for normal people

its crazy fast now, as long as u aren't aiming for 95+ gear and good skills.
a group of 10-15+ people should have more then one crafter

10 minutes ago, Atndy said:

I have maybe 2 or 3 hours to play a day. My account is on wurmnode. I also have a crafter with 98 blacksmithing and slowly working on chain smithing. 2 hours a day is 14 hours a week. Spend all that mining and the 2 years the server has been up you'd be close to 70 body strength. Please explain to me what the issue is. Regardless of that defiance is already on a curve with player vs player body strength.

So what do you want? Even playing fields? What's the point of skilling your account then? Free gear? Depot already gives that. You want free sleep powder to grind? Chest, Depot, hunting. Like every advantage in the game is ok defiance and yet your complaint is to point at someone and say they are better instead of just working on yourself. 

Nerfing starter areas isn't to push new players out we would never raid new players into the ground and take all their stuff. It's for the vets that hide behind all the benefits with no risk. 

No issue there at all, I guess I see you in about 1 year and 10 months.
Have fun in the meantime.

Free depots, you mean the ones that are always taken by your group?
Hunting.. bit hard when you (although gone now) drop deeds next to ours. By the way, while I'm out hunting I'm not mining.

The vet(s) you are talking about happens to be on the deed I'm in. He is taking in newer players like myself. Or should he go out and make a deed all by himself until we are skilled up (the 1 year and 10 month mark you know)

• Like 2

Let's be real here though, 75ql gear barely makes the cut. Let alone more people are running around in 90 ql gear than they are anything lower.(I'd say 85ish is probably a better answer) If I were to lose my 90ql leather set it would take me 2-3 hours to just solely improve to 91ql. And I know they're really isn't too much of a benefit to imp past 88ql as the curve kind of goes flat or is minimal. I'd rather put those 2-3 hours into another skill if I'm being honest. And that's with 97.5 leatherworking and good woa/coc/botd tools too. I mean if I'm able to just create something at higher ql or a certain specific ql and required more resources to create. Like if I want 90ql leather armor it would use up like 5kgs of leather to make that chest piece. Obviously dependant on weight and stuff. Makes use of the abundance or resources. But you should still be able to make base ql stuff for skilling.

Edited by Carmichael

On 2/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, Darklords said:

With the launch of Holy Sites next week(Match 7th) we will be bringing PMK's to defiance, we decided to move to the layout suggested by people here and the below image will be roughly where PMK's will be blocked from expanding or founding. We will be allowing conversion of existing deeds that the PMK was not founded on by having the entire village in the new kingdoms influence and asking them to join.

Along with these changes there is a few other changes we would like to make going forward but are unlikely to all make it before the PMK launch.

• Reworking the PvP reputation system, its currently in a pretty broken state not just on defiance but on other server will be looking to clean this up and getting it functioning everywhere properly.
    • MR/JK starter islands will have much stricter rules for what will give reputation then outside of the starter areas. HOTS kingdom will remain without a reputation system period as on other server.
  • Return HOTA to be alliance based again instead of kingdom based.
  • Changes to the king challenge system for base kingdoms to make them doable in more reasonable time frames.
  • Changes to becoming king of a base kingdom to keep them open while allowing people to challenge them, such as only allowing it during certain times of the wurm month similar to artifact recharges and announcing inside your own kingdom when people are attempting the king trial.
  • Discussion of penalties for living on the starter island, we currently offer a lot of protection for living on them but we really never added any negative sides to balance that out. Would love to see peoples suggestions on things they think would make sense here.

a7f17ea2004f632e35c540780087e4fa.jpg

+1 

I think we’re still good to move forward with PMKs.  The problems in the last few pages of the thread are not even about PMKs.  The discussion turned into whataboutism which is unrelated to the opening post.

• Like 7

Add percentage based armor pen enchantments for weapons.

at 100 body str penetrates 20% of total mitigated damage

at 80 body str penetrates 16% of total mitigated damage

at 60 body str penetrates . . .

at 20 body str offers no penetration

if damage = 100 and mitigation = 60 then 20% of 60 will be penetrated

allowing for newer accounts to still be able to deal damage to tanks by trading away the ability to have LT, RT, FA or other enchantments

2 minutes ago, Alastor said:

Add percentage based armor pen enchantments for weapons.

at 100 body str penetrates 20% of total mitigated damage

at 80 body str penetrates 16% of total mitigated damage

at 60 body str penetrates . . .

at 20 body str offers no penetration

if damage = 100 and mitigation = 60 then 20% of 60 will be penetrated

allowing for newer accounts to still be able to deal damage to tanks by trading away the ability to have LT, RT, FA or other enchantments

"spells"

if the characteristic for penetration is changed from soul strength to body strength and then the power of the spell is increased in proportion to the body strength of the account in question then newer accounts can sacrifice more useful enchantments against other low end accounts to be able to compete with years old accounts. it just requires that they gear specifically against total slabs

How about the developers normalize accounts so everybody has 50 in all characteristics and 99 in all crafting skill for maximum balance

75QL max for catching fish on starter island 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, DADLER said:

+1 

I think we’re still good to move forward with PMKs.  The problems in the last few pages of the thread are not even about PMKs.  The discussion turned into whataboutism which is unrelated to the opening post.

The discussion resulted due to the original post asked for feedback about punishments for people remaining on starter. I doubt they can integrate any such changes into the next patch anyways, way to little time.

1 minute ago, SweetSerenade said:

How about the developers normalize accounts so everybody has 50 in all characteristics and 99 in all crafting skill for maximum balance

I had an interesting ingame discussion which ended in the suggestion to use items for rebalancing. If skills (and time spent playing) aren't the dealmaker for winning or losing a fight, but coming prepared with the right kind of items and equipment or enchantment (i.e. not just high ql) then its easy to have people catch up on starter and proceed to mainland.

Like, you could even repurpose the useless elemental enchants instead of coming up with new item mechanics. Make new "X beats Y beats Z beats X" chains, and make it possible, with proper preparation, to win over someone having spent two years training. Currently thats only possible by tricking them into making a mistake, which usually is a one-time strategy so not viable. Its a problem of people wanting "time/effort spent in game" mean to "win the fights" or "make the game easier" which is very common in single-player games but cannot work in persistent games which continually wants to introduce new people. The current system is a self-reinforcing system that keeps (slightly) improving the already good veteran players and makes it impossible for new players to catch up because they are constantly punished and losing.

3 hours ago, platinumteef said:

spend half the amount of time that you do per day on the forums mining or woodcutting instead, take another quarter of that and focus on your gear, take the last quarter and spend it on learning the mechanics such as which weapons work best against what armor type

you guys take two fights a year, how do you not have loads of 99ql armor stocked up

if you mean MR, people are no longer fighting JK because we can predict the outcome. There is no point in repeating the same thing over and over, spending our time entertaining you, not us. So we just do what entertains us. I've explained before, the power gap prevents people from catching up and be competitive to you, so they simply won't play with you.

Just to say, JK players haven't been any different in situations where there wasn't this power gap, when they can predict they are outnumbered and might lose they either run or call for reinforcement. Its a natural thing to do, not blaming anyone here, if you can predict the outcome then theres no need to fight if you know you're going to be on the losing side.

Of course there are always some players that enjoy the fight more and know they have enough resources or don't care if they lose. Demanding that playstyle from everyone just leads to isolating yourself though, because most people don't play that way.

2 minutes ago, Trash said:

how about we all stop using gear

weaponless fighting increased from 1 to 2

On 2/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, Darklords said:

• Discussion of penalties for living on the starter island, we currently offer a lot of protection for living on them but we really never added any negative sides to balance that out. Would love to see peoples suggestions on things they think would make sense here.

cap steel QL to 75

6 minutes ago, DADLER said:

cap steel QL to 75

Don't forget to cap cotton QL

On 2/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, Darklords said:

cap bsbs at 1500 volume on starter islands

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Synjor said:

Don't forget to cap cotton QL

There are ppl that have been living on starter for years.  If they’re still there, then it’s clear they aren’t there for pvp or forgot what pvp means.  

Max Gold QL: 75

Do not allow starter deeds to form or be in an alliance 

• Like 1

Cap breeding to only produce 2 speed traits

1 minute ago, Skullripz said:

... this thread has completely derailed 

You’re right, people want epic mechanics but we all know the fate of epic.  Those suggestions can be threads of their own in the suggestion section.  Otherwise this thread will be 100 pages with ppl suggesting epic ideas.

now let’s get back on topic:

Cap silver QL to 75 on starter

• Like 1

no pvp portals in the non pmk zones

VFaRylL.png

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2

Caping QL on anything can't be the answere. MR is currently more or less pined to starter every deed that that was createt outside is basicly camped down in a month. Caped QL will leed to QL diffrence in gear and ther fore solidefies advantages. Current PvP balance is allredy strongly favored for a win more aditude.

The only way of fixing PvP is compleatly overhaul combat, sige and inventory drop. But then is it still Wurm?