Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

14 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Cap max ore QL to 75 on starter islands

The problem with this idea is that is limits all gear to ~75ql  which makes it difficult to PvP from the starter island.  You guys need to decide if you want a healthy server with more PvP and more people, or if you want to continue just chasing everybody away.  Being forced to live on starter is NOT a benefit

Edited by Sinnjinn
sorry, quoted the wrong post

2 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

The problem with this idea is that is limits all gear to ~75ql  which makes it difficult to PvP from the starter island.  You guys need to decide if you want a healthy server with more PvP and more people, or if you want to continue just chasing everybody away.  Being forced to live on starter is NOT a benefit

Darklords asked for suggestions

I love PvP portals but this server has a problem that it's to easy not to care about it, just jump to freedom and continue playing there. Disadvantaging starter islands will push more people off.

I agree with Sinnjinn about your guys attitude to a healthy server. Theres 'sugestions' then there's 'sugestions that allow us to wipe everyone off the server cos we're pro huhu'

Edited by Omar

2 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

yes, having 3 deeds setup in a triangle with tunnels between all using the same 2 hour raid window isn't a benefit to anyone. one deed gets drained you move everything to the next one underground. an impenetrable system meanwhile gaining all of the benefits of non starter deeds

but lets get down to the real issue: people living on starter island out of choice yet still getting the same benefits that those who don't live on starter get

1. chests spawning on starters need to be removed

2. depots shouldn't spawn anywhere near a starter island

3. hota shouldn't spawn anywhere near a starter island

these 3 things don't directly negatively affect those that the starter island should be geared towards and thats newer players imo

• Like 2

Starter deeds should not be the end goal for players, they should be a starting point to help you gather the basics and establish yourself to move off the starter Island as soon as possible

They should not be a permanent base of operations for strong competant players 

3 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Darklords asked for suggestions

He did.  I would just hope that people would suggest things that would encourage people to play on Defiance, rather then the opposite

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Cap meat butchered to 75 QL

What am I missing?  does this even matter?

agreed.  always thought it kinda silly that they do.  However I've only ever found 1, so I don't see it as that big a deal

depends on what you mean by 'near'  Lets be honest here, you guys control almost all of everything NOT starter.  Maybe you simply want them to spawn at your deed?

disagree with this one, as it makes no difference.  You have to capture 4 to win Hota, which makes this a non-issue

And I have to say I'm not sure what you're saying about triangle deeds on starter?  I've been members of both BL and JK deeds on starter and neither had tunnels to other deeds, at least none that I knew about.

Edited by Sinnjinn

7 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

yes, having 3 deeds setup in a triangle with tunnels between all using the same 2 hour raid window isn't a benefit to anyone. one deed gets drained you move everything to the next one underground. an impenetrable system meanwhile gaining all of the benefits of non starter deeds

but lets get down to the real issue: people living on starter island out of choice yet still getting the same benefits that those who don't live on starter get

these 3 things don't directly negatively affect those that the starter island should be geared towards and thats newer players imo

You could do the same with deeds on the mainland. I already said about the close deed stacking. It hasn't been an issue so far (we even let our close deeds lapse). Tunnels between deeds are easily broken into. 

Other ideas are good, kinda reduces incentive to join in on things on the server though.

Edited by Omar

6 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

What am I missing?  does this even matter?

JK wants not only the best channel grinding, healing and pve casting priests but also the easiest favor gathering priest 🤠

5 minutes ago, Omar said:

Other ideas are good, kinda reduces incentive to join in on things on the server though.

I think it would increase the incentive. I feel like part of the thing isn’t just increasing the negatives to living on starter but also that leaving starter could be incentivized more.

Edited by Sneeze
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Omar said:

JK wants not only the best channel grinding, healing and pve casting priests but also the easiest favor gathering priest 🤠

I guess?  but you still get good favor from 75ql products.  so you have to breed 10% or 15% more horses.  big deal.

1 minute ago, Sneeze said:

I think it would increase the incentive. I feel like part of the thing isn’t just the incentives to living on starter but also that leaving starter could be incentivized more.

this precisely, these things are supposed to be incentives to promote pvp and roaming, not incentivizing sitting on starter, idk. 

ok, so some REAL suggestions, that won't drive people away:

1) as I said earlier you could remove the drain benefits.  have them work like all other deeds.

2) you could increase maintenance costs.  a 25 to 35% increase in maintenance would be inconvenient enough to want to leave, but not game breaking enough to not be able to stay

3) you could VERY SLIGHTLY increase tile to animal ratio

18 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

this precisely, these things are supposed to be incentives to promote pvp and roaming, not incentivizing sitting on starter, idk. 

Yeah right, don't want to have to make you guys roam to far to cap everything like usual. 

Players living on the starter islands have got what 5% of Hota and Depots in the last year? What are you guys wishing to change exactly?

Edited by Omar

30 minutes ago, SweetSerenade said:

Starter deeds should not be the end goal for players, they should be a starting point to help you gather the basics and establish yourself to move off the starter Island as soon as possible

They should not be a permanent base of operations for strong competant players 

agreed 100%.  But how do you suggest a small group of players like us keep from getting raided into oblivion without starter island protections?  We rarely have more then 3 or 4 people on at a time, and it's often much less.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

agreed 100%.  But how do you suggest a small group of players like us keep from getting raided into oblivion without starter island protections?  We rarely have more then 3 or 4 people on at a time, and it's often much less.

Was that the small group of 15-20 players you had in HotS?

5 minutes ago, SweetSerenade said:

Was that the small group of 15-20 players you had in HotS?

Sinnjinn is in JK so not sure what you mean by this? Hots currently has a capital and a number of different deeds off Starter island 

I think a good way to help encourage pvp is to reduce the tedium of re-gearing once you die. Currently there is a boost to imping weapons and armour to 70ql maybe increase this to 80ql at least

8 minutes ago, Anglomango said:

I think a good way to help encourage pvp is to reduce the tedium of re-gearing once you die. Currently there is a boost to imping weapons and armour to 70ql maybe increase this to 80ql at least

now THAT is a solid suggestion that would help boost PvP

6 minutes ago, Anglomango said:

-1, 70ql in 3 imps is greatly effective for gearing up your newbs in adequate gear

6 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

-1, 70ql in 3 imps is greatly effective for gearing up your newbs in adequate gear

Just out of curiosity, why would you be against something that boosts the losers of a fight, while changing nothing for the winner? (except maybe looting better quality gear on average)

And it's curious that you exaggerate things so wildly when you're trying to make a point.  while 70ql is fairly easy, it's a hell of a lot more then 3 imps

Edited by Sinnjinn

6 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

So you want more people to roam and have pvp but you don't want to support any of the suggestions that would help make that happen? 👀👀

Just now, Sinnjinn said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you be against something that boosts the losers of a fight, while changing nothing for the winner? (except maybe looting better quality gear on average)

because I was against the initial boost to 70ql too, just as I'm against 30 second breed timers for horses, attrition is part of the game whether people like it or not 😕

its one of the better parts about the game really, knowing that you are able to chip away at an opponents reserves