Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS March 7th

With the launch of Holy Sites next week(Match 7th) we will be bringing PMK's to defiance, we decided to move to the layout suggested by people here and the below image will be roughly where PMK's will be blocked from expanding or founding. We will be allowing conversion of existing deeds that the PMK was not founded on by having the entire village in the new kingdoms influence and asking them to join.

Along with these changes there is a few other changes we would like to make going forward but are unlikely to all make it before the PMK launch.

• Reworking the PvP reputation system, its currently in a pretty broken state not just on defiance but on other server will be looking to clean this up and getting it functioning everywhere properly.
    • MR/JK starter islands will have much stricter rules for what will give reputation then outside of the starter areas. HOTS kingdom will remain without a reputation system period as on other server.
  • Return HOTA to be alliance based again instead of kingdom based.
  • Changes to the king challenge system for base kingdoms to make them doable in more reasonable time frames.
  • Changes to becoming king of a base kingdom to keep them open while allowing people to challenge them, such as only allowing it during certain times of the wurm month similar to artifact recharges and announcing inside your own kingdom when people are attempting the king trial.
  • Discussion of penalties for living on the starter island, we currently offer a lot of protection for living on them but we really never added any negative sides to balance that out. Would love to see peoples suggestions on things they think would make sense here.

a7f17ea2004f632e35c540780087e4fa.jpg

• Like 9

Two hour windows for "Safety banks" on starter deeds perhaps needs to be extended. 

Edited by Atndy

I'm not opposed to a few addition restrictions for living on starter as long as they aren't too strict.  Limitation of size (which limits number of animals and number of citizens) and no artifacts are significant restrictions already.

Change raid windows  from 6hrs to 12hrs on main land and from 2hrs to 6hrs on starter island.
Remove king/titles from default kingdoms.

5 minutes ago, Trash said:

Change raid windows  from 6hrs to 12hrs on main land and from 2hrs to 6hrs on starter island.

I feel like you said this without actually thinking about it.

12 hour raid window 😂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trash said:

lol. Ain't happening buddy.

21 minutes ago, Trash said:

I haven't been playing on Defience very long, but I was under the impression the point of a raid window was to allow a person to be online to defend their deed.  Since very few people play that much every day are you trying to drive away the remaining players?  And remove titles from default kingdoms?  All throughout the discussion of PMK's Darklords has said that they want to keep the default kingdoms relevant.  So I'm not trying to be rude, but I think your suggestions are without merit

• Like 1

Living on the starter island sucks, the deed size limit makes them easier to raid already (stacking deeds close is potentially overpowered).  
No Capital, no Artis etc.
Without the current raiding restrictions our group would have quit the server.

A negative that isn't raiding related would be better, but I can't think of anything 😕   Skill gain limit is a big nope. Many things would push players back to freedom and probably they never return. 

Cut title bonuses, or CR title bonuses in half for template kingdoms.

1 minute ago, DADLER said:

So disadvantage the groups already trying to fight an uphill battle? Man, just make a pve portal if thats what you want to play.

Edited by Melros
. to ?
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Once again, Darklords has said he wants to keep the template kingdoms relevant

4 minutes ago, DADLER said:

What incentive would there be to stay with the default kingdom then?

More penalties for living on the starter island is just going to make more people quit pvp 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Cap structure quality to 75

That has no point really unless it includes mine doors, at which point it makes starter deeds so much easier to raid that everyone pushed back to starter simply quits PvP

3 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

That has no point really unless it includes mine doors, at which point it makes starter deeds so much easier to raid that everyone pushed back to starter simply quits PvP

I’d agree if the raid window was longer than 2 hours.

45 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Cap max ore QL to 75 on starter islands

Not a bad idea. I think they had this on the Epic home island maps but then removed it. Someone correct me if that's wrong. 

Edited by Omar

2 minutes ago, ViperSnake said:

Restrict max characters per deed more.

I don't really see the point of that.  That just forces MORE starter island deeds

One thing you could do, is remove the drain benefits.  I believe you don't receive any of the upkeep that you drain from starter island deeds, and they can't be automatically disbanded by draining them 5 days in a row. 

Just now, Omar said:

Not a bad idea. I think they had this on the Epic starter islands but then removed it. Someone correct me if that's wrong. 

I think it was 50 on epic