Sign in to follow this  
CthrekGoru

Frost Imbue Issues

I am seeing two issues with a Frost Imbue on my weapons (several different weapons). 

1.) The Frost Imbue does not show up at all on mouseover - or on alt-mouseover.  Yet - it does on the jewelry imbues.

2.) Might be a misunderstanding on my part, but I was told that the Salve of Frost (From Wurmpedia blood page: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Blood) : "The effect gradually wears off with use. The greater the strength of imbuement, the longer the effects will last." and that the strength is based on the QL of the potion.  But - this "strength number" does not seem to show up anywhere - on examine or mouse-over/alt-mouse-over.   One player said a frost potion never wears off and it is just an on/off switch so maybe it does not need to show up? - but it left me confused.

Frost Imbue doesn't show up in a weapon. Once applied to a weapon it changes all damage that weapon does to frost damage. It has no power value. The jewelry your seeing is Glacial and not an imbue.

10 hours ago, BattleWall said:

Frost Imbue doesn't show up in a weapon.

Thus the bug report.  If you alt-mouse-click to put an item in trade, shouldn't the imbue show so that a buyer knows what they are getting?  Especially when they alt-mouseover it to get more details?

4 minutes ago, CthrekGoru said:

Thus the bug report.  If you alt-mouse-click to put an item in trade, shouldn't the imbue show so that a buyer knows what they are getting?  Especially when they alt-mouseover it to get more details?

I mean it's been this way for years. As it only requires one blood per weapon and it also never wears off. The only way to remove this imbue is to dispel it. People sold these weapons prior to the release of the item link in chat. Im not saying it shouldn't be there I am just letting you know that the spell your looking at on your jewelry and your weapon are not the same.

Indeed it does not show on the tooltip, however you can see it on examine: [21:58:20] It is imbued with special abilities from a salve of frost and will deal frost damage.

As this is strictly a suggestion ("show frost imbue on alt-click") rather than a bug, I've moved it to suggestions.