Sign in to follow this  
kordethbludscythe

was farming when something went wrong planting reeds- please feel free to close this topic as it is not a bug

jjBQ3MZ.jpeg

i thought you should know that this happened while planting reed seeds.

what should have occurred was a nice freshly plant seeds sprout 

what occurred was the appearance of fully grown wild reeds

i covered all names to keep people private sorry

Edited by kordethbludscythe
updating main message

There is an option to plant  or sow Reed, planting gives this type of tile, while sowing gives the normal farm type tile. 

31 minutes ago, fencejumper said:

There is an option to plant  or sow Reed, planting gives this type of tile, while sowing gives the normal farm type tile. 

Planting two tiles beside eachother should still not give a different utcome thou.

On a sidenote: You can get higher ql reed from wild plants than your max farming ql. Many people (like me) therefor prefer wild reed.

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Planting two tiles beside eachother should still not give a different utcome thou.

On a sidenote: You can get higher ql reed from wild plants than your max farming ql. Many people (like me) therefor prefer wild reed.

I understand, I'm not sure what happened but I just "Planted" and Sowed 6 tiles of Reed Seeds, 3 of each:

Se2MHJ5.jpeg

Not sure why it would behave differently for you.

Your reed all look like it was at the wild stage, pondering if the OPs picture shows like this cause of the adjacent oak maybe?
I assume that the single reed to the left is a second tile planted on OPs picture.

Okay i experimented a bit and we have discovered what happened and it is as Fencejumper says my friend did not notice that there was a plant option and so freaked out accordingly. please feel free to close this topic as it is not a bug