Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Any oldschool technoheads here?

Kinda random. Seeking a Wurm friend I could receive and give great music Youtube/Soundcloud/Spotify links to, from the heyday of electronica/acid techno/rave music. Kinda isolated in that regard and hoping to find it here, perhaps! I was 15 in 1995, when I discovered this great love of my life, musically speaking. EDM is still my #1, but oldschool electronica had something extra magic in it. Are you out there, pal?! 🙈

Edited by Ayuna
  • Like 2

Yep this is my scene, i was 20 years old in 1995 and clubbing every chance i could, loved this era, all electro right up to mid 2000s

Still listen to all kinds of trance everyday

Edited by Zerobyte
  • Like 1

Not quite techno, but I'm an OG House Head. Warehouse/Smart Bar/Medusa's/Neo in 1980's Chicago, then NYC for 20+yrs at places like The Loft/Sound Factory/Mars/Body & Soul/The Tunnel, etc. Still listen to this day. House Music All Life Long!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 10:51 PM, Zerobyte said:

Yep this is my scene, i was 20 years old in 1995 and clubbing every chance i could, loved this era, all electro right up to mid 2000s

Still listen to all kinds of trance everyday

Terrific! Hi !! I'll look for you in-world. Are you under the two names listed in your profile? Not under Zerobyte, I assume?

On 2/21/2023 at 9:06 AM, DaletheGood said:

Not quite techno, but I'm an OG House Head. Warehouse/Smart Bar/Medusa's/Neo in 1980's Chicago, then NYC for 20+yrs at places like The Loft/Sound Factory/Mars/Body & Soul/The Tunnel, etc. Still listen to this day. House Music All Life Long!

I like House, too! Do you ever go to di.fm and look through all of their house channels? IMO Digitally Imported is the best thing since sliced bread. Dale, can I add you to my friend's list inworld, please?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

I like House, too! Do you ever go to di.fm and look through all of their house channels? IMO Digitally Imported is the best thing since sliced bread. Dale, can I add you to my friend's list inworld, please?

I don't go on di.fm, but I frequently have House mixes on while playing Wurm, and I play Wurm a LOT, lol. If you're on Youtube look for Defected Records, they just started a Defected Broadcasting House, a 24 hr a day stream featuring DJ's mixing from all over the world, plus they have DJ sets on demand on their channel. Some of those sets are from live shows at their various festivals and residencies, notably their festival in Tisno, Croatia every year, various residencies in Ibiza, and festivals and shows around the UK and the globe.  Traxsource also has regular mixes from world-renowned DJ's.

If you're looking for a little less energetic mixes, I'd recommend 'Cafe de Anatolia', as well as 'Irma Records', and 'Acid Jazz and Grooves' on Youtube. There's so many flavors of house music available online it's hard to remember much less list all the ones I listen to regularly :)

And yeah, add me in-game :) Not sure why we haven't done that before :)

• Like 1

Sold Zerobyte in 2014, came back in 2020, Yes I play as Saturnfive, my main, and Kiwiroo, my priest, on NFI.

Feel free to contact me any time, let's get sharing!

Oooh Friday for me, another ASOT coming up, woot!

• Like 1

Planning to start a thread to link toons? a discord channel? im keen to hear some toons ive never heard or have forgotten about 🙂

• Like 1

A discord server could be cool, yeah :)  Or could just post mixes and singles here I suppose :)

Here's one mix from a couple years ago that I like: Idris Elba isn't just a great actor, but a pretty good DJ

not quite like the rest listed here but

And cant forget 

Edited by wipeout