Sign in to follow this  
Dups

Broken Skill tracker or am I not gettings skill?

So I am in process of leveling farming to 100, I am at 99.999931 atm. So what I am seeing is that skill tracker is not lighting up farming skill green when getting skill for farming, I have tried relogging nothing helps. I have a suspicion that the text does not turn to green to show every time you get a gain until I get the .0000008 that shows in the skill window. Other skills will continue to gain skill. Has anyone else seen this? Its kind of of crazy when you don't think your getting skill for doing almost 1000 fields or maybe I am not. When it is working I get the text to turn green basically every other field farmed.

4 minutes ago, Dups said:

I have a suspicion that the text does not turn to green to show every time you get a gain until I get the .0000008 that shows in the skill window.

That is how it works, yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eobersig said:

That is how it works, yes.

(More context: the minimum amount of skillgain sent to the client is 0.0000008. So, you're still gaining skill, just the server will only tell you that you're gaining skill quite infrequently at this point.)

• Like 1

Odd, from what I been seeing with my Blacksmithing (at 99.999+) is that the skill tracker does turn green about dozens of times between two skill ticks being reported in the skills tab.

This would be the opposite of what Dups is experiencing and also what Dups is expecting to experience.

I got farming at 99.63 "only" so I am unable to confirm anything as this newbish skill level is far from the point where ticks fall way below 0.000008 shown in skills tab.

Also:
- Having the skill tracker turn green when no reported tick is shown in skills tab is an indication that skill did raise and server did tell that much to the client so the client knows to turn the text green on skill tracker.
- Its not exactly +0.000008 but more like +0.0000075 which is merely rounded up. Gain multiple of these ticks and divide the total skill gained by the number of ticks and you'll see.

@DupsI Know I am probably parroting the obvious, but did you make sure to try out on a difficult crops with bad rake to rule out the unlikely possibility that what youre raking is just so dang easy you truly not getting any ticks. That is about the only thing I can think of. :) Other than that, keep posting if your problem persists... and please do tell if you finally get green flashes again without reported skill tick in skills tab. :) 

It’s just the first tick of the session that does this.  Once you get a tick then the tracker lights up green on every skill-giving action regardless of whether you get a displayed tick or not.

On 2/21/2023 at 3:05 PM, nineol said:

It’s just the first tick of the session that does this.  Once you get a tick then the tracker lights up green on every skill-giving action regardless of whether you get a displayed tick or not.

Thanks, I never paid attention to this but just confirmed it by starting to do blacksmithing and tracker was all quiet until I got one tick reported in Skills tab, after that Blacksmithing keeps popping green every few actions.

• Like 1