Sign in to follow this  
DNR

Justice For Trash

I don't know the people and cannot judge about and am not the least interested in details. Generally spoken, a ban is a termination of a contract between a customer and a service providing company, thus subject of civil code of the countries affected (usually the law of the company location applies). And publishing details other than in consent of both parties unless stated or reserved in the license agreement and the national and international legislature, may violate customer rights and cause liabilities. It is therefore logical that the GM and the management prefer to be on the safe side instead satisfying the curiousity of the public (aka "transparency").

At least they could share the exploits and cheats that are legal now with the rest of us..

• Like 2

I mean you guys want the truth? His forum account was banned on accident and he was on vacation for three months.

He's a really nice guy to speak to honestly, the size of the punishment was very fitting for the action committed (no he was never banned for macroing), I have seen some questionable actions by staff but in my opinion they had it right here, the committed action was never worth a permanent ban and I would say that about any player who got banned from it.

• Like 1

Feel like that is related to this topic, especially he said "Please keep in mind that making the details of exploits public will exclude you from the rewards mentioned above. You will also be subject to moderation as per the rules as we do not want the exploits to proliferate while we correct them.", "Finally, when we penalise someone for exploiting a bug, we will always reserve the right to review the severity of that exploit and the severity of the punishment.  Don’t complain after the fact, when someone you have an issue with is actively playing again because you knew something about them and did not bother to report them to us.  If you see something, say something.  All reports are confidential and we always investigate.".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coach said:

Feel like that is related to this topic, especially he said "Please keep in mind that making the details of exploits public will exclude you from the rewards mentioned above. You will also be subject to moderation as per the rules as we do not want the exploits to proliferate while we correct them.", "Finally, when we penalise someone for exploiting a bug, we will always reserve the right to review the severity of that exploit and the severity of the punishment.  Don’t complain after the fact, when someone you have an issue with is actively playing again because you knew something about them and did not bother to report them to us.  If you see something, say something.  All reports are confidential and we always investigate.".

I don't think anyone knew or knows now. Unless it was one of the rumors, which are really bad stuff. I believe he has completely misread the situation "people that knew are complaining now" people don't have a clue, that's the point. 

Want me to do a poll of the rumors we have heard?

And don't tell me you know. I've just seen a years old friend of someone swear his head off that he wasn't cheating then showen logs of 6 hours of dig timers repeated to within 1 or 2 seconds....  You may think you know because you may know one of the reasons, but was that really the reason that person was banned? Or the only one?    You do not know. Only the banned and the GMs know.

That's it from me I'll stop complaining 😛  I'll just add one more thing, another player was banned within a few days proir and this player devolved that himself used ESP hacks and spilled the beans on how he did it, so that's one of the rumors. Then the fact that Trash has achieved a lot in the game leads people (unfairly IMO cos I've played with Trash I know how efficient he is) to jump to conclusions. ok I'm stopiiing! not replying bye 

Edited by Omar
  • Like 2

Sanctions on players do get reviewed, and can generally be appealed.  Sometimes, this process results in a reduction or downgrading of an applied sanction.  When taking such a decision, the team take into account all evidence before them, including much that is not public.

Per Enki's post (linked above), if you have evidence of poor behaviour, bring it to the GM team, and it will be reviewed.  Nothing has changed regarding what is or is not acceptable under the rules, and evidence is required to be able to make good calls.

This thread started as a request for information, but has quickly descended into rumour-mongering, straw-man speculation, and KvK posting, none of which has a place here.

• Like 6