Sign in to follow this  
Oneeyedgod

Bon-fires

A feature that would seem cool to have  to bring people together also for big events like rift and slaying bon-fires

and the more you add to them the bigger they get camp fires are ok  but they are kind of small

dont seem like it would be a difficult addition seeing you already have a base model the camp fire making the image larger as more material is added to it.

• Like 5

+1 could be a nice touch for the coming holy sites too. Maybe make a larger bonfire have more volume so people could use it as a forge/oven? That way people dont have to leave a bunch of lowql forges to sit around. The model getting bigger would be a nice touch too, I think there is something already similar to that with wood scrap last I recall.

20 hours ago, Oneeyedgod said:

A feature that would seem cool to have  to bring people together also for big events like rift and slaying bon-fires

and the more you add to them the bigger they get camp fires are ok  but they are kind of small

dont seem like it would be a difficult addition seeing you already have a base model the camp fire making the image larger as more material is added to it.

it could be giant hay stack that burns long like charcoal pile and spear so much smoke it's seen from distance like rift beam this is a nice idea

• Like 1

I know, I know, all those people who grinded Firemaking by using coc kindlings on coal piles spent countless hours getting to 50, 70, etc, but what if you could improve/repair the bonfire with logs? Maybe even make tools for improving bonfires like a metal fire poker, bellows, who knows?

After thought: what if they added a number of decorative light-able things like stone/metal fire pits, large bonfires like you suggest, I would love to see some wall sconces, candles, the ability to hold a lantern without it looking totally whack or hanging an oil lamp from my waist/quiver slot. There's a ton of things they could do/add

After after thought: candles are basically worthless unless you have candelabras. Whatever happened to single candle sticks?

Edited by rangerklypf

32 minutes ago, rangerklypf said:

I know, I know, all those people who grinded Firemaking by using coc kindlings on coal piles spent countless hours getting to 50, 70, etc, but what if you could improve/repair the bonfire with logs? Maybe even make tools for improving bonfires like a metal fire poker, bellows, who knows?

After thought: what if they added a number of decorative light-able things like stone/metal fire pits, large bonfires like you suggest, I would love to see some wall sconces, candles, the ability to hold a lantern without it looking totally whack or hanging an oil lamp from my waist/quiver slot. There's a ton of things they could do/add

After after thought: candles are basically worthless unless you have candelabras. Whatever happened to single candle sticks?

Also another cool addititon might be pyres

This is an interesting idea. I would add to it that a bonfire (which may have to be created by more than one person - optional) would be visible from far away, if Wurm allows for such things. This would be a good idea not only to have a party like atmosphere during slayings, but it would also mark the location, helping those arriving find the rest of the party. A beacon, of sorts.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 5:34 PM, Akuzic said:

+1 could be a nice touch for the coming holy sites too. Maybe make a larger bonfire have more volume so people could use it as a forge/oven? That way people dont have to leave a bunch of lowql forges to sit around. The model getting bigger would be a nice touch too, I think there is something already similar to that with wood scrap last I recall.

they actualy can be used to cook or heat up items like a forge they just cause the lump to be less quality