Sign in to follow this  
Gofs

New Lands

New Lands

Hello folks, I decided to create a PvP server, it will be hard moded, so not really following regular Wurm rules. Most of your PvP knowledge will be not very useful here.
In this project you going to meet such things as:
1) Battle classes (12 different classes)
2) Uncommon treasure maps
3) Battle ground (no item lose on death) with teams
4) In common death (world PvP) you going to lose some amount of items (not all of them)
5) rare animals (any), rare materials (wood / metalls), clay is only under water, and only 1 spawn on tar. 
6) 2 Fighting sides (mixed daitys), not PMK, capitals are not protected, you will need to build walls
7) Items will provide you (random) extra skills or characteristics (could not do this, so items will provide fixed bonuses after 70 QL)
8 ) Some hard and soft rules, for breaking hard rules, I might will ban players, for breaking soft rules, will place in to the #jail, and anyone will able to see player name, and reason why player got in to the jail

Classes
Mages

Spoiler

U07P9mi.png
zKHCBWK.png
N05pU4z.png
eJJvZZQ.png

Archers

Spoiler

vbUJ6yZ.png
tLe94YD.png
AaRE4oa.png

Warriors

Spoiler

H1r6Oyh.png
AB61kN4.png
VUTLLuj.png

Enchanters

Spoiler

gTXLUGs.png
1BoPgx7.png

In the plans to start the project by the end of march or beginning of april

Please, let me know if you interested to help me to test the class balance ;)

Discord https://discord.gg/awtefj4N

Edited by Gofs
  • Like 2

Very curious how the balance is going to work as this will require people to work together for sure as by reading the classes classes wont be allowed to do everything..? It also seems like quite a bit and the balance will be very difficult to achieve. I will definitely keep an eye on this!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Laif said:

Very curious how the balance is going to work as this will require people to work together for sure as by reading the classes classes wont be allowed to do everything..? It also seems like quite a bit and the balance will be very difficult to achieve. I will definitely keep an eye on this!

Already got "few" hard moments about balance. 

For this moment, class = priest hood (without of being priest - you cant skill up fight skills, only PvE skills). So after you became priest, you getting your penalties, that will be pretty uncommon, as you will still able to improve, dig, mine, woodcut, but! If you choose "Mage God" to follow, then you will not able to skill up shields archery and melee weapons more then +2. But all good all spells are pretty deadly. New spell damage formula will be : Fixed Damage + Damage per Channeling skill (so more Channeling = more damage) I also removed all "spamming skills" like bless, dispel from mage classes, so only way will be to hit enemy targets for skill gain. (most of this already done)

Next step = I dont wanna see "plate priests", who will remove plate, to cast spell, and then equip it back. So i might will put timer 0.5 sec to equip a single item = 4.5 seconds to equip full set. 
And yeah I increased difficulty of all battle spells, so +30% on the cloth armor will be very palpable ;) 
+ to cast will need to hold holy item. So as for me we got fair mage, who can kill and can be killed with arrows for example. 

About Archer, Warrior and Enchanter classes will write a bit later, but main thing, that I totally removing sorcery, so no tomes in game. But most of this skills will be assigned to some classes, like for example Hawkeye will have  Heavy Arrow skill, that basicly going to work like Active part of True Strike, so archer will able to shoot very hard. 

Right now i trying to set hp of Unqiues, so they will get fair amount of damage from arrows and sorcery. 

• Like 1

Gofs / Torkel, is a very known PvP player, with 1000's of WU/PvP play time.

I highly recommand this server for PvP players !!

And good luck @Gofs!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barfoot said:

Gofs / Torkel, is a very known PvP player, with 1000's of WU/PvP play time.

I highly recommand this server for PvP players !!

And good luck @Gofs!!

Thank you very much for kind words!

• Like 1

Update, as materials are pretty rare on this server — added primitive weapons

Spoiler

HsODrGU.png
oCIVxF3.png
ehcINgt.png

Primitive Sword 
Creation: branch + handle
damage: 0.190
speed: 3 sec
weight: 3.5 kg
Can not be improved 

Primitive Axe
Creation: branch + iron rock
damage: 0.225
speed: 4 sec
weight: 4.5 kg
Can not be improved 

Primitive Mace
Creation: branch + stone brick
damage: 0.280
speed: 4.5 sec
weight: 5.5 kg
Can not be improved 

Edited by Gofs

I cant wait for this, it sounds like a bunch of fun!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laif said:

I cant wait for this, it sounds like a bunch of fun!

Hope so! :)

discord link updated

work with magic classes almost done
plan to run closed alpha at 9-10 april~

Sorry guys, found out a few bugs, will need a little more time to fix before running closed alpha

• Like 1