Sign in to follow this  
Radircs

Spellgames are a thing now? Idea and WIsh collection Thread

With spell gems for enchantment noted in the Roadmap maybe is time to collect some ideas around this, for dev inspiration, from the community. Since I had something like this in my priest mod (that I never started) notes I do not think I am the only one with ideas how this feature should look in their opinion.

Here are my ideas for this feel free to add yours here or discuss the ones that have been posted before we make like 20 threads in the forum for similar ideas when we have more details about his feature is out and everyone starts to form stronger opinions about it. (I use the spoiler feature so it’s less to scroll with more answers and to distinguish between the general purpose of this thread and my personal opinion)

Spoiler

So I think every spell should be possible to fit on a Gem. Since it is normal for gems to hold favour why not an entire spell? Maybe with some prep work from a jewler where you need to cut it right for different kind of spells

Mechanically I would like to split it into multi use and one time use gems. One time are basically all the non-player or entities interacting spells and the ones you would maybe use in combat are then the multiuse ones.

Spell power of a Gem used spell should still be determined by a channel check using 50/50 EQL of the gem and the channel skill of the player but always with difficulty 0. And have a max power of the spell that is engraved on the gem from a priest. This should make Priest who cast spells more effective in general but for balance the option of increases cast time and/or extra cooldown can be a possibility with gem use.

Multi use spell gams take dmg equal to invoke spellpower*10/EQL this should make it so a good spell gem don’t last to long but is not used up so fast that they would not be used in combat except from people with too many resources since I mostly want to give non priests the access to spell without making them obsolete.

I prefer spell scrolls.  I'm afraid they are going to require gems to create the spells gems. And it could be especially bad if gem ql caps enchant power (+ a little for the 100+ casts). I like scrolls more because paper and high ql paper is easier to get.

I'd keep it simple. 

• Priests uses a scroll pen on spell paper to make a spell scroll. The scroll records the priest's pertinent stats and takes favor (potentially more than normal favor to offset the advantage of the scroll).
  • Anyone can use the scroll and it casts the spell as if the scroll's creator had done it. Using the scroll destroys it.
  • Spell scrolls can be mailed, put on merchants, dropped on the ground.
  • Decay rate of spells should be moderate speed.

Since we are working on an enchanting ...

• Fix that dumb dispell thing to get the up to +5 spell power.
  • Add a way to dispel whatever you want in any order you want.

• Like 1