Sign in to follow this  
Noodle

Make rift recipes drop like halloween items instead of on the ground

Hi,

So first I want to admit that I'm chasing a very specific recipe: the "pain au chocolat". As a french dude I would love to be able to bake those for everyone all the time.

Right now after a lot of digging of old forum posts my understanding of rift recipes drop is as follow:

• Each recipe drops from a specific rift mob
  • The recipes drop on the mob's body like trolls and goblins do
  • The pain au chocolat recipe drops from one type of ogre (Can't confirm this info)

The problems with the current system (if I am right about the above points) is that:

1. You have to be aware that mobs can drop recipes in rift to make you want to open every body laying on the ground, players who don't know that are totally excluded from this reward.  
  2. With the changes to rift waves we barely kill some of the harder enemies compared to earlier rifts (for exemple the ogres that I think drop the recipe I'm after) and we overall kill less mobs which makes for less recipe drop if droprate didn't change.

With the intent to rework the rifts reward system I wanted to point out that this part of the rift rewards is interesting and unique to rift and it would be sad to not give it some love. I feel like having recipes drop on the ground is only rewarding to people who actively go after them and changing it to the halloween system would be a nice reward for those who focus on killing mobs which is what the rift is about. At the same time maybe it would be good to review the drop rates of those recipes as right now barely anyone even knows about those.

All the informations above on how the recipes drop are only what I found about them online and may be totally wrong, I'm sorry if they are and would be very happy to correct them if you have better infos.

I'm all ears if you guys have any other ideas or suggestions regarding that part of rifts! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

yes to this and to updating how gems you get from mining are generated so they  go directly to your inventory(like the newer digging gems do) instead of the ground, lets get some consistency to how things work.

i remember getting rift recipe straight to my inventory

20 minutes ago, Ame said:

i remember getting rift recipe straight to my inventory

thats why i should make my own topics for suggestions.

i dont honestly remember how rift recipes works, but if they work like the op explained they should be changed.

but... rift recipes already drop only by rng chance... and in player's inventory like halloween loot

afd3e7abe04da85e9f8bab9a9f5bcd37.png

looting actual old items was a bit toxic...

people user to instantly pickup a body and swipe the reward while other with worse ping had lesser to no chance,

it's exactly how turrets work right now at rifts, if you know you can get easily ql100 rift materials from them - you keybind "take" and spam it.. all you need is mediocre butchering skill and knife with imbue

you'll likely never loot this recipe, especially on NFI, few servers, many players, few tries every 9 days;

your best bet is putting a post on forums or spamming from time to time in trade chat .. you're buying such, and then break your piggy bank as it's totaly worthless and useless recipe, but since it's actually rare.. and nfi.. you'll spend a fair bit for the luxury to learn it, unless you get lucky and buy it cheap from somebody randomly..

--edit

just in case you think it's loot you pick up from the body, etc.. based on the typical cryptic wurm wogic double+ meaning message system..

halloween loot.. mesages are the same for "loot x from the corpse", but the item is literally spawned in your inventory, you do not open a body like container to take anything on your own, it's random event.. few events, many people, you being there alone .. wont help you

3832a4c763e3f5952f22d371cd9970b0.png

Edited by Finnn

oh ok great then! at least we got that cleared up.

But I agree that it'll cost a small fortune to buy if it ever drops, I don't know if they changed the drop rates since the changes to rift waves..