Sign in to follow this  
Rocklobster

Wurm Inflation!? The affinity token solution. [Close]

So with the introduction of deed upkeep chips, a large sink hole of coin is now closed, and silver is piling up in game creating higher and higher prices simply because there is so much of it.

What I propose is to add Affinity Tokens to trader npc's for 10s each. Which is similar cost to the tokens given by marks at 10k.

The work is already done, this is a simple idea. You can even keep them as non-tradable if you so desire. This will significantly increase the rate at which silver disappears in game, which will drop prices on a lot of things - make the game more New player friendly. It's gotta be discouraging for new players to play for awhile and find out the best armour is 4g with the second best at 2g, a almost unfathomable number when your starting. With this new coin sink, i think it will bring back more reasonable numbers to the prices in game, increasing our player base overtime.

I also think this will increase gold sales through the shop, which is a bonus for Wurm overall.

Thank you for reading 😃

Edited by Rocklobster
  • Like 1

i agree, i have played now for 2 months and when i found out the prices of stuff like the best armour, and compared it with wurm prices to get the amount of silver to buy it, its 400 euros, this stuff is to pricy

-1, I think this feels too pay to win for me. Rich players will be able to pay for up to 50% more skillgain than others, potentially while never even putting a euro into the game as they'll have the gold reserves to do it. At least with the current marks system you can only get the affinities with a big amount of real-world money, which few people do in practice (and if they do, then it's a big donation to the devs, so oh well).

And for the record, I think the reason for price inflation was the removal of RMT a few years ago: from speaking to various wealthy Wurm players (think those who have ran successful shops in-game for years and amassed 10+g in wealth, maybe way more), those wealthy players have nothing to spend their coins on other than the limited set of endgame items (like scale, drake, supremes) which drives up the price for everyone else.

I'd rather the devs find other coin sinks, like a skins shop with crazy skins for e.g. drake and scale sets but that cost big, big coin to get - think a 10g skin, for instance, that looks incredible but only a handful of people can afford. Or, maybe some cool items that have PvE only benefits. That way, people can buy crazy endgame stuff for gold coins, but without having it dramatically impact the skilling or gameplay of everyone else. I know multiple people wealthy enough in-game to buy hundreds of affinities using in-game coin and still have a huge amount of gold left over (!!!), and I don't think it's fair to be able to relatively easily get up to 50% skillgain buffs on every skill. It would make it impossible for newbies to ever catch up, too, which defeats the point of making the game more "new player friendly" by adding this as a coin sink.

• Like 6

-1 this Will increase the gap between old and New player Even more.

But lack of things to use coins on do drive the prize up for the few vaulable items. I would love to see a Silver store in Wurm, skins, deco etc

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

-1, I think this feels too pay to win for me. Rich players will be able to pay for up to 50% more skillgain than others, potentially while never even putting a euro into the game as they'll have the gold reserves to do it. At least with the current marks system you can only get the affinities with a big amount of real-world money, which few people do in practice (and if they do, then it's a big donation to the devs, so oh well).

And for the record, I think the reason for price inflation was the removal of RMT a few years ago: from speaking to various wealthy Wurm players (think those who have ran successful shops in-game for years and amassed 10+g in wealth, maybe way more), those wealthy players have nothing to spend their coins on other than the limited set of endgame items (like scale, drake, supremes) which drives up the price for everyone else.

I'd rather the devs find other coin sinks, like a skins shop with crazy skins for e.g. drake and scale sets but that cost big, big coin to get - think a 10g skin, for instance, that looks incredible but only a handful of people can afford. Or, maybe some cool items that have PvE only benefits. That way, people can buy crazy endgame stuff for gold coins, but without having it dramatically impact the skilling or gameplay of everyone else. I know multiple people wealthy enough in-game to buy hundreds of affinities using in-game coin and still have a huge amount of gold left over (!!!), and I don't think it's fair to be able to relatively easily get up to 50% skillgain buffs on every skill. It would make it impossible for newbies to ever catch up, too, which defeats the point of making the game more "new player friendly" by adding this as a coin sink.

what is RMT, i havent heard of it. and i agree with a type of skin shop, or a shop u can buy customization skins, skins u cant buy or trade from others, basicaly an untradable item.

26 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

and I don't think it's fair to be able to relatively easily get up to 50% skillgain buffs on every skill. It would make it impossible for newbies to ever catch up, too

5x all affinities would be 138x10x5 for 6900 silver. if someone has 69 gold sitting in the bank i don't think they're a reasonable person for a newbie to try and catch up to lol

29 minutes ago, mirkokohava said:

what is RMT, i havent heard of it. and i agree with a type of skin shop, or a shop u can buy customization skins, skins u cant buy or trade from others, basicaly an untradable item.

Real money trading - before Wurm was released on Steam, the game rules condoned privately selling silver coins for real world money. RMT used to be a major coin sink for wealthy players, and I think a lot of price inflation from the last 2.5 years is linked to the removal of RMT. (Not that I'm especially for or against RMT, just Wurm needs another coin sink)

+1 if do it with real currency for the whales

Raw Drake/scales prices went up during some dragon shenanigans and after that from some greedy players and fake sales on years old sets. The same players that keep bumping the prices up call it inflation, you know because it so expensive to sit on pile of coins thise days, funny how that works when you actually have real inflation in so many countries

raise the price

make it only bought with real money, not silver ingame?*

*if silver remains an option raise the price 2x to 2.5x or higher(you want fresh money not nft silver, not to ruin experience by trashing game progression and escalate the - we have nothing to do group)

*certain mechanics and alts in the game allow bulk farming golden coins to be a joke with or without any special setup or preparation when it comes to bulk work, timing actions and priv group unique's loot

keep it not breaking the gameplay, costing something significant so one doesnt buy bulk often, these are not decorative skill, they directly and permanently change players ability(as long the player actually utilize it and raise the skill and make use of it)

as cash-shop item -> get inventory token or w/e lootbox(it's what it is..) - no-drop, no trade so it's not possible to farm pve/pvp in no scenario to rob somebody or lose it by mistake, random events, etc..

leave the joy for the player to open it to see the gain^

maybe leave cashshop item at slightly higher price(real cash, higher multiplier for silver cost), even if it's symbolic - to buy tradeable items(if devs decide direct cash/silver transfers or item for item trades are ok for this, also allows events to get prizepools of such items to giveaway, gift for events or just gift around, etc, leaves some options)

This feels a bit too close to pay to win, as affinities effectively help you get stronger faster. At least with marks it's limited unless you throw a truly insane amount of money at the game. I think a focus on cosmetics would be a better approach, especially as plenty have been introduced over the years.

• Like 2

I think that any coin sink that's intended to narrow the gap between new players and old must be purely cosmetic - like item skins from previous months and years.

• Like 2

Okay, so for the most part - people are worried that it would lead to players getting a huge advantage over others.

So exactly why are you worried about what other people have? How does your neighbour have 100 in blacksmithing effect you at all if you had, for instance, 99? There are mega super accounts from legacy things roaming around and your worried that someone may spend 68 gold, or 6800 silver to get all affinites? What world do you live in that 68 gold isn't a massive number?

This game has a long history of pay to win, going back to practically day 1.

The big question i have is this - Why are the affinity stones locked behind marks,  which you spend real life currency on? That is ######, i shouldn't have to spend a bunch of money (that players have in the past) to get the SAME ADVANTAGE as p2w players.

then just buy premium for the next 100 years and you all set, if it have to be you the chosen one with all the affinity. Shouldn't rely on ripping other players off in game to get your affinities

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tor said:

then just buy premium for the next 100 years and you all set, if it have to be you the chosen one with all the affinity. Shouldn't rely on ripping other players off in game to get your affinities

Lulz, just spend 12k euroes on pay to win, is that seriously your smooth brained answer?

Also, i am a very fair person with prices, i never overcharge anyone. Your ass-sumption is quite rude.

Yeah i am so rude for assuming it was you the one fake selling sets to bump up prices, I am so sorry

49 minutes ago, Tor said:

Yeah i am so rude for assuming it was you the one fake selling sets to bump up prices, I am so sorry

Yeah, are thinking of someone else? I don't sell scale or drake?

1 hour ago, Rocklobster said:

Also, i am a very fair person with prices, i never overcharge anyone. Your ass-sumption is quite rude.

I hate to do this on a suggestions forum thread, but I'll make an exception given it's OP making this demonstrably false claim.

Harryvederci did a Black Friday knarr sale, dropping them down to 54s from the usual 60s price.

Just four days after purchasing one, Rocklobster tried to sell it on at 80s, i.e. almost double the price and not even one week later. Absolutely blatant price gouging.

Spoiler

qo4p7lI.jpg07E4d6w.jpg

Take from that what you will. Your reputation is yours to ruin on Wurm Online.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rocklobster said:

Yeah, are thinking of someone else? I don't sell scale or drake?

Yeah, right.

Yeah i am just a mere conspiracy theorist, what do i know. I am so sorry.

I hate to do this on a suggestions forum thread, but I'll make an exception given it's OP making this demonstrably false claim.

This is massively off-topic, but okay i'll bite your troll post.

So over many many years i have sold knarrs for 80s a piece, even more in some cases. A guy posts them for discount a very low rate, i buy and post at NORMAL MARKET PRICE for me. What i do with goods after i buy them is up to me, and that was a historically fair price. I ended up selling it for MORE then that in the end btw. Your flailing around like i posted it for 2g or something crazy, wtf. Just because you wanted it?

If you want to talk about greed/price gouging, Harry charged me 3g and a knarr for a orangewood supreme boat not even a few weeks prior. Then, after i buy TWO more rare knarrs from him, he starts flipping out that i can't resell them. WTF?

Edited by Rocklobster