Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2023 (Friendalong)

so a uni, a goblin, a crab and a pig roast went to an impalong...
(Friend-A-Long in Pristine)
"Jacqulina"
Map: Pristine
Melody Deed: Hilltop Abode ( in a northwest area of the map)
7/20/2023

No photo description available.

mr ogre is making sure everything is in line on floor #2 XD
"Jacqulina"
7/20/2023

May be an image of text

fog spiders invade the arena
"Jacqulina"
7/21/2023

you comfortable in there mr dragon? 😛
"Jacqulina"
7/21/2023

serpent looked like he fell face first into that brazier lol
"Jacqulina"
7/21/2023

dragon at the foggy docks
"Jacqulina"
7/21/2023

May be an image of boat

WURM Online
bright and foggy arena with serpant bodies, almost looks surreal
"Jacqulina"
7/21/2023

black dragon hatchling slayed during the friendalong 2023
"Jacqulina"
7/22/2023

May be an image of 2 people

seal slaps? lol
"Jacqulina"
7/22/2023

May be an image of 1 person

its a bird, its a plane, its an octocopter lol
"Jacqulina"
7/22/2023

May be an image of helicopter

space seal, spotted
"Jacqulina"
7/24/2023

getting stomped
"Jacqulina"
7/24/2023

May be an image of text

fishy slaps
"Jacqulina"
7/20/2023

May be an image of 5 people

wow, thats some big teef.. 😮
"Jacqulina"
7/20/2023

WURM Online
let the horse races begin...
"Jacqulina"
7/20/2023

May be an image of 3 people

grand prize ceremony for a fellow wurmian, congrats @Bow
"Jacqulina"
7/24/2023

May be an image of 1 person and text

grand prize ceremony for a fellow wurmian 2023. Congrats @Bow
"Jacqulina"
7/24/2023

May be an image of 3 people

Edited by Jaclyn
  • Like 2

Ok, I hope everyone is ready for this years summary of events! As usual well start with thanks for all the admins and Staffers who showed up to help us out with various things. Admins were Myself, Goldfinch Battygirlsback, Zachariah, Smackeddown, Promirdia, Explora, Ladygodiva, Kindashae, and this year we also welcome Atheline to the team. As usual Evening provided the bulk of the chow with a large amount of 99q Pizza's. Reddragons bar got some upgrades this year and as usual his role playing fits right in with these kind of events. He provided much booze and some excellent food choices as well! Reddragon also wants to remind you to "Drink responsibly. Don't want to spill your drink." Now onto the GM's. Sadly we seemed to have much less GM activity this year and I'm not 100% sure why. I'm assuming its mainly based on all the staff loss's over the recent months. Witch is very sad :( But regardless I wanted to throw out a huge thanks to Pomona, Vayu, Belisama and a couple others who showed up to fuel the arena and murder us. Of course this event could not have been possible again without the tireless efforts of Champagnedragon who does our favor conversion every year, she is just amazing. We had The Sermonator bot again this year and it went even smoother then last year using the Priestpalloza system Raybarg has built, and the system just keeps getting better! Ok now on to some stats! We had a lot more granular data this year with some local logging and alts positioned around for log catching, and it help out a lot in the summary of the stats. Some materials we came out a bit ahead on again this year when adding the during event donations to the roster again. Usage stats are starting to become quite predictable now. 

Drama this year....... Basically none! My biggest grievance is the people who either cant or wont read the damn thread! Really I get that its a lot of information, but this is a huge event and there is a lot to it. So many PM's with questions that could have easily been answered in local or simply by reading the thread. I did receive some good feedback in regards to the thread and organization witch we will implement next year.

>>Ticket Breakdown<<

Guest Book Entries:

Spoiler

Second time at friendalong, ty all for the fun :D! -

Jacqulina/Jacalina from Melody. 7.20.2023

2023 was a Fantastic party!!  Thank for all you do to put these together! Had so much fun and even got a title from all the imping. Sorry I did not make my bed or clean my room, i was expecting maid service since I'm locked out of the linen closet! See you next year!

- Kiena

2nd time at the impalong and had even more fun this year, a great event - thank you tot he hosts and helpers for all the work they put in organising, my favourite memory was giving Farlithe a challenge keeping me alive in the arena, next year I'll bring all my armour :D

- Solinswith

At FriendAlong's joyous event a sight so grand. Two souls engaged in antics, fish in hand. With laughter and mischief, they took their aim. Fishy high fives, a playful game.

Their smiles wide, cheeks glowing red. They sways and swung, not holding back the dread. WIth each gentle slap, friendship grew strong. In the spirit of fun, they danced along.

Amidst the crowd, cheers filled the air. As fish met flesh with a gentle flair. FriendALong's memory, forever they'll share. Of fishy camaraderie and bonds laid bare.

- Fannon

first time I got to join in events at impalong and it was really fun. wish i couldve joined the earlier days but i had work. everyones friendly and helpful. 2023 impalong.

- Shatalkua

Another year, another stellar impalong. Many thanks to Virus, Gold and the rest of the staff for another fantastic impalong year. And thank you to everyone who came along to make it so fun. Roll on 2024!

- Madnath

Second year here and had a great time again. Lots of imping, fighting, boozing, fish slapping, and finding flower pots and pheasants that hand out prizes. Thanks to everyone who helped organize, and hope to see everyone again next year!

- Lisimba

Thank you Virus and Gold for such another great year!! As always staffing such a spectacular event is so rewarding. Never have seen something more efficiently put together. Looking forward to next year!

- Zachariah

Arriving at the impalong and searching for Jacqulina to have a picture taken with her and let the shenanigan begin with my partner in crime!!!

- Shagsangel

Thank you for the good time.  I don't want to think of how much cordage I went through, but I like to think a lot of people got their enchants worth.  Only blew up 2 items, and 1 of them was a 7ql skiller butchering knife.

- Sadmoon

Aaedean had so much fun imping he cant even type today! He asked me to tell you he loved the event as always! He always loves the Arena the most and this year was a great time! His favorite part was waking up in the Bar each morning and not remembering where he fell asleep! See you again next year!

- Aaedean

Someone took my shoe! Also have you seen my pants. Please return to room 112.

- Stargrace

So honored to be part of this amazing admin team, and if you'll have me again next year, I'll be here. Thanks and luv to all!

- Atheline

My second Friendalong. Such a great event! Virus and Gold did a great job organizing the whole eent. Big thanks to all the staff and impers. You just know when you come here it's going to be a great time!

- Queenofchaos

Had a great time as always, thanks for the amazing event. Next year I want to try the fish fighting! I had fun imping though, and reached 90 blacksmithing. If you need help again next year, just reach out!

- Kindashae

Every year you manage to provide more exciting and friendly time. The work and love that goes into this even spreads all over wurm and that is just amazing to watch happen. Thank you for bringing these wonderful people together and for making our lives a lot brighter through your long worked for event. You have all our praise

- Gemfinder

My first time going to a friendalong, I didn't have much time to play the fun events and try to wind some cool things. But I did bring some items with me to help me improve my character and deed. Someone even imp my shield to a rare and that made me extremely happy and grateful. will hope to come again next year and hopefully have time to try out all the games.

- Theurbanfox

I've seen people get slapped with fish, assaulted a baby dragon, raced along the coastline and met some wonderful people. This has been an unforgettable experience and thank you for organising it!

- Alkar

today is 7/21/2023. i came here with my long ally spiderman from paleshade on independence. first time at a impalong. good experience. thankful and had plenty of fun. even got away with a few tricks. a thank you to everyone. looking forward to seeing new faces and old in the far future. thank you.

- Garlfor

My village came along, this is the first time for all of us. Pretty enjoyable! Helped to get a lot of our gear imp'd up way past anything we could do on our own. Learned a few tricks for certain things too!

- Fannon

I've been chewed on by a dragon, slapped with a fish, chased by trolls, caught diseases, and forgotten to eat or drink water while working tirelessly improving on spatulas and clay shapers that didn't belong to me. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you for the experiences.

- Seriphina

Liebe Primordia und die anderen Danke das hier sein darf

- Arx

My first time coming to the impalong and its been a lot of fun. I cannot wait for next year!

- Spiderman

I came, i saw, i jumped - Bow. was a good implong to go to being the first one in 8 years

- Bow

In the bustling city of Friendship Bay, Virusmd, a talented inventor, stumbled upon a rare element called Seryll. Intrigued by its potential, Virusmd combined it with his latest creation, the GoldFinch device, renowned for fixing broken items. To his astonishment, Seryll amplified the GoldFinch's power tenfold. Now, the humble device could not only mend but also enhance any object it touched. Word spread like wildfire, and people flocked to Virusmd's shop, eager to improve their belongings. From cracked pottery to rusty gears, everything transformed into extraordinary masterpieces. Virusmd's reputation soared, and Friendship Bay prospered, all thanks to the miraculous trio - Virusmd, Seryll, and GoldFinch.

- Aikainnet

Thank you for organizing this, has been alot of fun! See you next year :)

- Spoon

Thank you for the fun and entertaining event.  Well executed, as always.  Also appreciate the opportunity to use my lib priest and gain some well needed channeling.  Would be interested in seeing your attendance figures, as it seamed much less well attended this year, but perhaps it was just me.

- Spacy

Reddragon served me that well that when I went at night at my bed, I woke up the next morning in the hall and not having an idea how to get there :) Many thanks for everyone organized this nice event!

- Caledxephrime

Event Stats:

Spoiler
Local Info: Player #'s Date/Time:  
Max Local: 180 7/22/2023 11:37:14  
Min Local: 23 7/23/2023 9:03:04  
Average Local: 59    
Unique Visitors: 283    
Longest Visitors Stay: 109 Hours Crozius, Lisae, Tycho, Vanaras  
AVG Visitor Duration: 23 Hours    
Total EST # of Hours logged in by all: 240 Days Estimated time ALL visitors were online during event.
Wurmian Lawn Darts:
Total Tickets: 59    
Soft Wins: 20 # of single winners (hit target OR died).
Deaths 13 # of double winners (hit target and died).
Fatality %: 22.03% The % of deaths overall.
Fish Slaps
# Of Matches 72    
# of Prizes Given 78    
Chess / Checkers:
Match Type: 7 Chess 4 Checkers 11 Games
Match Type %: 63.64% 36.36%  
# of Prizes Given 8 Prizes 5 Prizes 13 Prizes Total
Muffin Madness:
# Of Matches 10    
# Of Prizes Given 22 Prizes    
Combat Fishing:
# Of Rounds 5    
# of Prizes Given 6 Prizes    
Diving For Drake:
# of Tickets Turned In: 191 The # of Diving for Drake tickets turned in this year.
# of Grand Prize Bonus Tickets: 22 The # of bonus tickets turned in from 2022.
Total Prize Stats:
Staring Prizes: 251    
Gifted Prizes: 146    
Remaining Prizes: 105 All remaining prizes roll over to next year.
% of Prizes Gifted: 58.17%    
Grand Prize Winner: Bow    
Winners Drake Color: White    
Highest # of tickets: 17    
Player with higest # of tickets: Fannon    
Most Popular Prize Catrgory: Decorations    
Sermon Info:
Finshed Sermons: 193 The # of completed sermons during the event.
Missed Sermon Windows 71 The # of missed sermon slots over the event duration.
Missed Window EST Tick total: 52.7903 The potenial missed faith based on missed sermon slots.
# of Known 100 Faiths Ticks: 5 The # of priests who made 100 faith.
Highest Faith Tick 1.5958 The highest faith recorded during the event.
Average Faith Tick: 0.7435 The average faith tick per sermon.
% of Priests using the Rare Altar: 95.11% The amount of priests who can read.
Amount of Missed Faith: 0.0636 Faith missed by non rare Sermons.
Total Faith Gains: 143.5003 The total faith gains for all priests over the event.
Est Local Inclusion: 63.19% The % of local visitors included in sermon ticks.

Casting Info/ Breakdown:
Cast Types: EST # Of Casts: EST Favor Used:  
Approximate Amount of LT Casts: 1,315 131,500  
Approximate Amount of Nimble Casts: 1,117 67,020  
Approximate Amount of COC Casts: 2,416 120,800  
Approximate Amount of WOA Casts: 1,801 90,050  
Approximate Amount of MS Casts: 664 66,400  
Approximate Amount of AOSP Casts: 990 34,650  
Approximate Amount of BOTD Casts: 1,130 79,100  
Other Casts: 1,399 41,970  
EST Favor Used: 631,490    
Total # of Casts: 10,832    
Casting Info/ Breakdown:
Materials Used: Used: % Used Leftover:
70q Brass: 14 0.70% 1,986
70q Bronze: 191 9.55% 1,809
70q Clay 814 73.07% 300
70q Copper: 25 0.75% 3,314
70q Electrum: 69 3.28% 2,035
70q Silver: 322 12.69% 2,216
80q Silver: 184 6.34% 2,716
90q Silver: 100 2.50% 3,904
70q Tin: 2 0.10% 2,007
70q Zinc: 12 1.18% 1,006
70q Yarn: -10 -0.33% 3,016
70q Gold: 123 4.28% 2,754
80q Gold: 51 2.86% 1,735
90q Gold: 76 4.26% 1,707
70q Iron: 654 16.16% 3,392
80q Iron: 106 2.50% 4,142
90q Iron: 210 4.80% 4,165
70q Lead: 40 2.00% 1,960
80q Lead: 32 3.20% 968
90q Lead: 6 0.60% 994
70q Leather 89 3.54% 2,428
80q Leather 74 7.38% 929
90q Leather 106 9.64% 994
70q Logs: -11 -0.32% 3,465
80q Logs: -73 -2.38% 3,136
85q Logs: -3 -0.12% 2,608
90q Logs -122 -3.78% 3,351
70q Marble Shards: 2 0.24% 843
80q Marble Shards: 0 0.00% 500
90q Marble Shards: 3 0.59% 502
70q Steel: 779 19.48% 3,221
80q Steel: 484 30.46% 1,105
90q Steel: 399 26.60% 1,101
70q Cloth String: 479 9.55% 4,536
80q Cloth String: 520 31.67% 1,122
90q Cloth String: -237 -8.20% 3,129
70q Stone Shards: 13 1.53% 837
80q Stone Shards: 202 22.44% 698
90q Stone Shards: -9 -1.75% 523
100q Stone Shards: 73 48.67% 77
Favor (70q Cordage) 636,000 63.60% 364,000
Peat: 566 50.27% 560
80q+ Cotton: 1,173 7.82% 13,833

Screenshots:

Spoiler

kOcssSA.png

9KJNTly.jpeg

cNy5bCR.png

qsX148C.png

P5cLNm9.png

tJLQmQx.png

Ry4X5Ni.png

0z1Q70J.png

l61wrc2.png

Wowv2yu.png

WurmLauncher64_MVzIiq9iKN.png

WurmLauncher64_TnXpHcmDFu.jpg

WurmLauncher64_rIJdr50gq9.jpg

20230722192624_1.jpg

20230722193630_1.jpg

76d375609a.jpg

wurm.20230721.1929_1.jpg

MsYYzQP.jpg

wurm.20230720.1852_3.jpg

In summary I just wanted to thank you all for coming. Honestly this event is the reason that I still play regularly. I fund a huge amount of this event via my Dragon Beards Market Shop and without all your support there I would not be able to keep going at the standards we do! I hope you all had a good time, I know I did!

- VirusMD

• Like 10

Once again this is THE BEST impalong currently running. I look forward to this every year and every year it is always a HUGE honor to be involved. Even the minor involvement I have is so rewarding and to be able to be involved in the impact that this event leaves on the Wurm community every year is amazing. The fine tuned system that Virus and Gold have built in the backend is so amazing. The amount of coordination something like this takes to put on can be overwhelming at times but it shows how much VirusMD and Goldfinch care about this event by how much dedication and attention to detail. I hope to see this event run for a long time and I will be involved as long as it runs. 

Looking forward to next year. I am saving up the donations for prizes already. 

• Like 4

AWWW U GUYSSSS!! Those guestbook entries and posts here from happy guests just warm my heart so much :) we do it for you ❤️ For our wurm community that is simply the best around!!

Big Ty also to our wonderful wurm lord staff who also made it possible, and all the generous prize donations!

Love the picture of all the naked people @VirusMD . .. by this point i have them all well trained to just go strip down and stand around when they want fishslaps LMAO!

Please enjoy my additional screenies below :) YOU ALL being there made this year so awesome!!

A0vUB4O.jpeg

Deed overview

aaLiVT0.jpeg

The Dream Team ready for action :)

bIJGEYx.png

Watching a chess match by Reddragon's cozy bar

E7clxR2.png

Fish SLAPS! . .. and a random pig

V3RmZUg.png

Had to get a selfie with this big blue buddy . .. but he kept pinching me! Rude!
q1i2A4o.png

Relaxing with pizza, champagne and fireworks - another successful year in the books! :)

• Like 2

Looks like someone needs to get farming wemp asap!

I really didn't think we did that many casts.. wow.

And as always, great job to VMD and team.

Edited by solmark
Moderation edit
  • Like 2

@Goldfinch@VirusMDhahhahahah the last few pics alll the peeps in the spear fishing pose.....lol just think of it as they are cheering raising their weapons XD

Just wanted to thank you all for the fun! It was my first time attending. I only had time for one visit and one event. Thanks, Goldfinch, for hosting the awesome fish slaps. It was soooo much fun! (And thanks for being gentle as you guided me along while I had a "deer in the headlights" moment about where to wait, lol!)

To everyone who was involved, fantastic job and cheers to all your time, effort, and love that you put into it all. ❤️

• Like 1

Let's not forget this memorable pic...

image.png

I'm still not sure how I got sucked into a battle with Vayu.... :D

image.png

Edited by Jingerjas
added pic
  • Like 1

I like how the materials used has some in negative, I just picture someone imping and all the sudden they're pulling logs, cloth and yarn out of the items wondering how that works lol

Edited by Bow

1 hour ago, Bow said:

I like how the materials used has some in negative, I just picture someone imping and all the sudden they're pulling logs, cloth and yarn out of the items wondering how that works lol

Lol this happens because often people wait until they arrive to make donations, and i never add it to the count until i have it in hand. So by time i get it we already have the goal amount. Sometimes the amount donated exceeds usage.