Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Holy Sites Testing Part 2 - Feedback Wanted!

Are the holy site structures suppose to be containers? those trees seem to have a lot of harvested stuff stored inside...

Also is the new metal included for archaeology items in the remote and extremely minute chance that we might get a moonmetal item?

2 hours ago, Hailiah said:

Are the holy site structures suppose to be containers? those trees seem to have a lot of harvested stuff stored inside...

Also is the new metal included for archaeology items in the remote and extremely minute chance that we might get a moonmetal item?

The holy sites work as altars, so you can put stuff in to sacrifice. I assume the harvested stuff is just people harvesting and dropping them in.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lethyria said:

The holy sites work as altars, so you can put stuff in to sacrifice. I assume the harvested stuff is just people harvesting and dropping them in.

Ive been sacrificing extra vision orbs in them, along with other junk

The fissure seems to be spewing out archeo scraps into inventory fine. Havent seen any wood ones so far.

On 2/14/2023 at 3:09 AM, Hailiah said:

Empyrean? You get some from mining a meteorite, any metal type will give some. Though you can create a bunch of items made from it in test already, and smelt them too when needed.

Anyways how is purifying suppose to work?  Cause I keep getting "head hurts. try again later" everytime the option appears.

Also are grape/hop Trellis suppose to be impacted near the Fo wishing tree?

Edited by Karrde

I am at the moment unclear as to what properties Empyrean metal is supposed to have.

On 2/11/2023 at 10:16 AM, Lethyria said:

I've been getting this [15:13:40] Your head aches. You need more time before you  can try purifying this place again. for over 2 hours, is it supposed to have a very long cooldown and also I've not purfied it once or prayed/sermoned?
?

Have you prayed or done a sermon recently? Exorcism actions (both desecrating and purifying) give Faith and use the same timer as prayers, so you can't do it if you've gained faith too recently.

We can definitely change the messages to make what's happening more clear.

On 2/13/2023 at 6:40 PM, joedobo said:

If it's not already planned could we please have toggles to block things like the trade window?  I don't like it when players open GUI windows on me when said window isn't welcome.  Trade window, spar window, duel window and are there others? 
I don't know if /ignore blocks emotes sounds of the ignored person, but if it doesn't, this is another useful addition for those wanting to remove the influence of unwanted advances.

Please try to keep posts in this thread on the topic of holy sites. This would make for a good Suggestions forum thread, but isn't really on-topic here.

Are we getting anything meaty changed to really address the previous thread? Mag still lacks a passive that isn't the imp bonus, Vyn still has a total win over useability and utility which might undo the previous Vyn follower nerf to make other gods more viable. The soul crystal change seems kinda weird, like it's extra steps if you just want to use the thing fully, and I'd love to hear what these "other uses" are because otherwise it's just another something added we can't really test or understand until it's out there.

Basically, is there going to be a part 3 to this likely?

Edited by Madnath

2 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Are we getting anything meaty changed to really address the previous thread? Mag still lacks a passive that isn't the imp bonus, Vyn still has a total win over useability and utility which might undo the previous Vyn follower nerf to make other gods more viable. The soul crystal change seems kinda weird, like it's extra steps if you just want to use the thing fully, and I'd love to hear what these "other uses" are because otherwise it's just another something added we can't really test or understand until it's out there.

There are currently some changes being made, which we will be able to post about shortly.

What "other uses" or "extra steps" are you referring to regarding soul crystals?

26 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

There are currently some changes being made, which we will be able to post about shortly.

I assume the changes will be applied to the test server alongside the post?

23 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

What "other uses" or "extra steps" are you referring to regarding soul crystals?

I'm refering to this part in changes:

On 2/10/2023 at 10:21 PM, Darklords said:

Soul crystals can now be used multiple times, losing some of their quality and weight on each use, only being destroyed when there is nothing left. Higher-power holy sites will give larger crystals with more uses.

I fully admit I might be beefbraining this without knowing fully, but the wording makes it sounds like it was a one time use before, but now it's a multiple use item, likely for the same sum amount of skillgain as before overall? And the "other uses" comes from the end part that says there's larger crystals with more uses to them.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:21 PM, Darklords said:

Further Changes (2023/02/16)

• Bug fix: The souls of human children will (un)fortunately no longer appear in soul crystals.
  • Bug fix: The Rampage spell effect should now stack properly when killing creatures. Note that killing particularly weak or undead creatures will not give the effect.
  • Clarified the message given when attempting to purify or desecrate a holy site too soon after gaining faith.
  • Achievements and journal goals requiring the creation of items from all types of metal now require empyrean iron items as well.
  • Soul crystals now scale the skill given somewhat differently, including the following changes:
    • The skill levels of the soul will be increased with crystal rarity and if it is a champion, and will be decreased slightly if it is diseased.
    • A small amount of the chosen skill is given even if your skill is less than the skill level of the soul.
    • Some other modifiers to total skill gain have been adjusted to compensate for this. The goal behind this change is not to drastically increase skill given, but to make soul crystals more useful for those already at high skill levels themselves.
  • The chance to mine empyrean lumps from meteorites has been significantly reduced in order to increase the relative value of those found at Magranon holy sites.
  • (PVP only) For consistency with other PVP-related changes, Libila worshipers cannot mine meteorites spawned by Magranon holy sites on PVP servers.
    • They can still mine meteorites spawned by Ritual of the Sun.
  • Quality of life improvements for furnaces inside (non-corrupted) Magranon holy sites:
    • Can be lit with steel & flint without the need for kindling.
    • Consume fuel significantly more slowly, to a degree scaling with adjusted Power of the holy site.
    • Pulse effects will add fuel to any already-lit furnaces, also scaling in the same way.
    • "Furnaces" includes campfires, forges, ovens, smelters, kilns, and stills.
    • The item must be blessed by a priest of Magranon in order to receive any of these benefits.

More changes as of today!

30 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I fully admit I might be beefbraining this without knowing fully, but the wording makes it sounds like it was a one time use before, but now it's a multiple use item, likely for the same sum amount of skillgain as before overall? And the "other uses" comes from the end part that says there's larger crystals with more uses to them.

"More uses" there refers to the fact that you can use them multiple times each. The skill gain from each use was not changed (although it has been adjusted in a few ways with today's changes; see above).

36 minutes ago, Synjor said:

I assume the changes will be applied to the test server alongside the post?

We'll be restarting the test server within the next 30 minutes to make sure the changes are applied to them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Have you prayed or done a sermon recently? Exorcism actions (both desecrating and purifying) give Faith and use the same timer as prayers, so you can't do it if you've gained faith too recently.

I had this pointed out in GL since it's not mentioned in the original post. Does this scale in any way? My fear is small groups getting hit badly by this if they prayed earlier for their faith gain.

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

I had this pointed out in GL since it's not mentioned in the original post. Does this scale in any way? My fear is small groups getting hit badly by this if they prayed earlier for their faith gain.

Chance of natural Corruption growth is scaled with the number of players contributing to the site, so smaller groups should not be adversely affected too much.

So what is the benefit of the BL holy site? I get to summon a pet that can "help" me kill pve mobs but killing mobs in pve is  not a problem in Wurm.

I summon a pet when i can just rebirth one whenever i like and take it to a goblin camp to get 1 hit killed i don't get it.

I wish the devs would move on from Libila's summoning  stuff and make it more like perform an action and get a benefit like the rest of the gods do rather than libila's go summon something so now you have to get a benefit if the AI will do what you want it to do or you have to lead and care for the thing.

Not to mention these spells are not working on pve so i can't be a summoner lib priest on pve but i can get 1 pet if i do a holy site? Are the other holy sites unlocking abilities that their priests have blocked on pve? No. Not to mention libila only priest left that has to link to cast spells? Why are spells that cost more than 100 favor left? Because "they are op?" Ok let's switch then give a WL priest the zombie summons and give us their spells instead :)

• Like 2

We recommend leaving Holy Sites off PvP (at least Defiance) for at least the first few weeks, until the balances are more real world tested. 

• Like 4

Fo sites look like they are lacking when compared to the others. It's probably too late but I had some on theme ideas:

1 use healing or taming objects

1 use dirt creating or removing objects

Cooking tools

Unique clothing items or med rugs

Unique shovel/sickle

Transmutation liquid

Dyes

Mag fissure have potential to be the new "park 20 alts here to gather arch items", better to tie the spawn of those items to an action like "dig this piece of debris from an ancient deed" or something like.
Wish to add that empyrean iron is a bit underwhelming: there are maybe better normal metals to use and these are in great quantity, so this one should have a bit better powers, maybe in par with moonmetals, since the latter now can be found in various ways and not so rare as they used to be.

We should have more faith-related actions like "exorcise" corruption from the sites, or sac favored items to gain power and/or give other rewards: sacrificing in particular should really be a thing here. Saccing may add runes to a targeted item, for example, or raise power of relevant enchants up to 100.
Fo tree may age any planted tree/bush in range to "mature" state and make all of them "enchanted" so we can harvest them but not cut, creating funny "gardens" on the server here and there: at the last pulse the enchanted tree effect ends.

Beign Vynora the goddess of knowledge, i never understood why books and other writing stuff is not of value to her, speaking about gods.

Edited by Rauros

So "purify" doesn't work on well spring of knowledge, no damage is removed and now the holy site is in very bad shape. Also, why do people need to use faith prayers to purify? Harsh choice there if you don't have 100 faith.

Edited by Rocklobster

The metal seems pretty underwhelming,  I feel like since it is being called an iron,  if it was impped with normal iron or even steel that would make it much more feasible to use.  

Will add here some observations about the Cadence Mag site we worked on in these days after the changes.
First, when we got back after the update, site was down to 1.5 power and up to, iirc, 77 corruption.
It took a bit over a day of joined effort of a bit over 10 players staying there, to purify the site to almost 0 corruption and get back to roughtly 20-30 power.
In the next day we got  to 0 corruption and 70 power. From there on, we managed to keep the site mostly corruption free within pulses, and yesterday before i went to bed it was 96 power, with almost 15 characters there helping in various ways.

While the effort was strong and a bit tiring, and we believe we did all we could, we also had quite a good playerbase to reach those levels, so for what i think about the power level and corruption harnessing, it is now tuned finely, except maybe a thing: we had wildly different results during powerups and purify actions with the site, and the variance between the same actions made by same players felt a bit too wide, almost looks like skill is nearly not taken into account, especially for the lower base results (not sure if there are actually involved skills in that but imho should be).

The same wild variance we experienced also within the rewards, and that is way too wide: it took me to mine maybe 40-50 meteorites to get likely 1kg of empyrean metal up now, and another 2-3 lumps i got from the obelisk that were better ql and .025kg each, barely enough to make a small weapon blade/head and imp the weapon few times. It may seems okay but gathering enough empyrean was a matter of trying from day 1 of the update, going around searching for old meteorites that were not mined, and almost a week still at the site, it feels not too bad anyway but Empyrean is not nearly like any moonmetal in strength, and in a week i can probably find or buy maps to find at least a few moonmetal lumps.
Most of the problem in there is the amount of weight the lumps can have: it varies from 0.003 to 0.11 kg from what i personally found, wich is a very, too wide variance, especially if you think some meteors does not even give lumps, even at higher power levels: a player getting to the site may very well mine 10 meteors full and find maybe 0.09 kg of empyrean lumps (happened to me in a row), or get 0.5 in 3-4 meteors (again happened to me, 2 meteors gave me over 0.3 kg with 5 lumps). 
I suggest to flatten the variance so the lumps would be at least a 0.02 or 0.03 kg and max maybe 0.7 or 0.8, and be 1-3 lumps in a meteor with say 60-35-15% chances for each.

The monolith had instead unbalanced variance towards normal lumps than any other: to be a better rewarding event, i believe we should and can get more alloys too, reducing a bit the number of normal lumps especially at high power, because getting at least bronze or steel 80-90ql lumps is way better than keeping getting silver or iron, and will make the site feels more useful than just trying gamble for moonmetals. About empyrean and moonmetals given by the site, empyrean lumps are still way too little at 0.25kg (we get double that for gold and even precious alloys), while we can get maybe too much moonmetals in a single stroke of luck: reduce weight of moonmetal lumps there (i got 75ql, 2.5kg seryll) but raise the chances to get them in order than a stroke of luck won't make easier to get a weapon from moonmetal than empyrean, and the overall site will feel more rewarding the more you stick around, instead of just gamble once or twice.