Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

impossible to lead while attacked/aggoed/etc.. by hellhorse

allow leading on pve servers while in combat

have several hell horses in a pen, it's impossible to lead one

I wouldn't say that this is a bug. This is how leading works. If your in combat you don't lead animals. Maybe separate the Hellhorses so that there are not so many in one pen that attack you?

First, target another animal in another pen, then try to lead

4 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

Moved to suggestions.

is it intended or not?

2 hours ago, BattleWall said:

I wouldn't say that this is a bug. This is how leading works. If your in combat you don't lead animals. Maybe separate the Hellhorses so that there are not so many in one pen that attack you?

I'm not in combat, autoaggro from hhs and many rng-ing at same/similar times and multiple doing it, etc.. is probably not intended to be completely impossible to lead one from a pack, so.. reported it as bug

-edit

2by2 pen with 2 creatures per tile seems within norms, and targeting random things seems like mental illness if I really do not want to do anything with them, doesn't it?

Edited by Finnn

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

I'm not in combat, autoaggro from hhs and many rng-ing at same/similar times and multiple doing it, etc.. is probably not intended to be completely impossible to lead one from a pack, so.. reported it as bug

-edit

2by2 pen with 2 creatures per tile seems within norms, and targeting random things seems like mental illness if I really do not want to do anything with them, doesn't it?

May seem like a stupid question, but did you check to be sure you didn't accidentally turn on auto-fight? 

Edited by Schiann

33 minutes ago, Schiann said:

May seem like a stupid question, but did you check to be sure you didn't accidentally turn on auto-fight? 

When something aggro on you, you fight it, there's no asking or choice about it, since hhs do that automatically, and there are many in a pen, every time you get in the pen - one aggro on you, if you want to go through 1 tile and reach the further tile and lead a horse from there, well this is mission impossible, and that's where QoL is needed as this either forces you to play some odd meta of manually targeting something random(there may be nothing and you could be in a desert.. etc.. pretty valid case.. and then what do you do?

There's no sane trigger about the hhs.. they just do this and there's no counter, players can not lead anything while something else is fighting them.. so.. there are several odd mechanics disabling simple split of creatures, for all we know it might be impossible to lead one outside of the pen at all, there's no counter to the rng aggro. Do we just throw dice, look at the stars for answers, roll more rng and then some more rng to get rng outcome, go in and out of the pen.. until at some point no hh aggro on the player and it's possible to lead a horse out?

Is that intended?

meta - target random things .. ok.. weird.. but there could be no random things anywhere close to target, now what?

rng - rng is fun, said nobody ever

no counter - there's no skill or ability to deal with this, it's just rng annoyance, no soul-depth, no soul.str, no other characteristic to prevent hhs doing this, neither AH or taming skills work, even more.. taming directly can kill your 100-200euro mount, hitched to a cart creatures can fight each other.. player can not lead a creature if another fights it.. and it's lead at that point.. so... yea.. great experience.. 

thats a big post to say you're too lazy to make more pens or use hitching posts which make hellies neutral

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

thats a big post to say you're too lazy to make more pens or use hitching posts which make hellies neutral

you're writing some wild fiction there, they still aggro on you while hitched to a post... 

getting on/off a cart reset stats or trigger rng check for aggro, could be just time, but disembarking in a pen does sometimes trigger the aggro, no other interaction beside that

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

you're writing some wild fiction there, they still aggro on you while hitched to a post... 

they literally don't, i've breed thousands of hellhorses with a non-fo chasing for rare traits and i don't get attacked until after they're unhitched and i've started leading them, and if i'm leading them can just rehitch, walk a tile away to break combat to unhitch and they're not attacking anymore

db00b693c5ca35393c0aaca6aa438bc8.png

my vyn priest/breeder that's been afking in the hh pens for hours without being attacked, looks pretty neutral to me :shrug:. you can always target something out of range if you're adamant about not giving horses their own pens or using hitching posts and then you can lead in combat, or brand them to a deed you don't have attack perms on and you'll never be able to attack them and always be able to lead, but fences are like 4 shafts my man just make individual shacks

• Like 2

On 2/11/2023 at 5:29 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

they literally don't, i've breed thousands of hellhorses with a non-fo chasing for rare traits and i don't get attacked until after they're unhitched and i've started leading them, and if i'm leading them can just rehitch, walk a tile away to break combat to unhitch and they're not attacking anymore

db00b693c5ca35393c0aaca6aa438bc8.png

my vyn priest/breeder that's been afking in the hh pens for hours without being attacked, looks pretty neutral to me :shrug:. you can always target something out of range if you're adamant about not giving horses their own pens or using hitching posts and then you can lead in combat, or brand them to a deed you don't have attack perms on and you'll never be able to attack them and always be able to lead, but fences are like 4 shafts my man just make individual shacks

@Oblivionnreaved

clueless how stuff works

combat log

[14:26:59] Venerable fat Gallopamber moves in to attack you.
[14:27:00] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:01] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:02] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:03] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:04] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:05] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:05] Venerable fat Gallopamber kicks you hard in the right thigh and irritates it.
[14:27:07] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:08] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:09] You try to hit venerable fat Gallopamber.
[14:27:11] Venerable fat Gallopamber kicks you very hard in the stomach and irritates it.

event log

[14:27:09] Venerable fat Gallopamber is no longer tied off to a hitching post.

your claim, pointless

using hitching posts btw.. hhs are annoying in various ways, age runes give false replies, pve leading and fighting makes no sense for better experience, it's hard to impossible to recover a horse in a rift combat after death, all that could be fixed with some QoL and some fix to hh nonsense mechanics.. 

not listing the issues as susggestions.. only reporting as bug the cases where it's impossible to do simple things like breeding or farming in pens with hhs.. but even that gets derailed and modded in wrong section without explanation

--edit

tl;dr.. in canse it's hard to understand events:
-> get in a pen.

-> hitched hh attacks me

-> I unhitch

there's event log to prove it

random claims busted 

Edited by Finnn

On 10/31/2019 at 11:04 PM, DevBlog said:

Untamed Hell Horses hitched to a hitching post are docile and will not attack anything as long as they have food in there trough.

try feeding them instead of quoting me every time you don't understand a mechanic

• Like 1

derailing for no reason

point is not to have hitching posts or feed them from there

If there is food in the hitching post OR the tile is grazeable that the hitching post is on, an adult hellhorse hitched to the post is not aggressive (hellfoals will still be aggro til they reach adult).  Easiest way to deal with it is enchanted grass on the tile, but you can try grass or farm or steppe on the tiles as well.  If your hellhorse is hitched and hungry, yes it will most likely attack.

you shouldn't be able to start leading any mob you currently attacking, imo

Edited by Tor