Sign in to follow this  
Aerin

Able to hit (and kill) animals that are being led

What happened:  I was leading a horse that I intended to kill, when I selected "attack's -> target", the combat screen popped up and my character promptly started fighting the horse WHILE the horse was still being led. 

What I expected to happen: In the past, we've been unable to hit livestock that we were leading until we stopped leading it.

Steps to produce it: Lead an animal and then "attack -> target" it and wait. The combat screen pops up and you start parrying back and forth with the animal.  I used a horse and a ram. 

When I asked ingame if this was intended or simply an update that I missed the announcement for, it was suggested I put in a bug report. I do see in the update that there was a change made to leading when using "Charm Animal", but it did not mention the ability to now kill led animals. Not sure if it matters but I'm on Harmony so PVE server.

• Like 1

This happened to me as well with a hell horse  I was leading to breed  they almost always attack me when im leading them.  During breeding I killed it not by selecting attack but because of the attack back when it attacks you.  The lead aspect also meant that we kept fighting even when on different sides of a gate.  

• Like 1

Hello   Adding a new thing that I have noticed guessing its related but not sure.   If I am leading a Hell horse and it starts to attack me  I cannot then hitch it    I have to unlead it   get away enough to stop the agro then catch it again and quick hitch it before it reagroes.   Hopefully this is part of the above problem.   

Thanks for the help  

just tried to repeat it and it let me hitch this time    sorry I am now unsure 

Edited by Hegemon
tried to repeat