Darklords

2023 Roadmap

7 minutes ago, JamesSnow said:

It's nice to see that updates are in place to improve to player retention, but players are currently being pushed out of the game. I think one of the most important areas that needs improvement is transparency and consistency in moderation. Numerous players/accounts have been removed from the game arbitrarily. The appeal process takes more time than the research that goes into permanently removing some of the most dedicated players from the game. Maybe a new year should be a fresh start for everybody who has previously been removed from the game for non-toxic player reasons. A lot of people have hesitation in dedicating serious time to this game when players have been removed on a whim with no explanation. 

You advocating for trash?

• Like 2

Can we get the option to enable search on all containers and windows you can open?

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Darklords said:

It is still pretty early in the planning so would love any suggestions people may have for what they would like to see out of that.

Fix for this please

• Like 5

Just now, feldoh said:

Can we get the option to enable search on all containers and windows you can open?

This would be awesome

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Egard said:

So a year of nothing but fixes and some QoL improvements, no real new content. Same old same old completing ignoring one part of the community the PVP one. Why don’t y’all just delete every pvp server and make the game PvE since you continue to neglect it. 

What do you want to be on pvp server?

I personally have not seen a single non-cryptic post about pvp, it's the community who loved metas and wants to keep them alive as they are.. but maybe... remove or limit certain unbalanced elements, even then not much info is shared, maybe for the best, but concerns should at least be DM'ed to a dev to be brought for some consideration and rework/fix/etc..

My point is.. pvpers lack any kind of suggestions or complaints for content.

From pve point.. pvp is pointless while there's skill/affinity/gear loss.

While the big belt of no no.. remains.. pve-ers.. wont have ever a reason to cross and try pvp.. while pvpers wonder why are there no new people and community thins(while every new kingdom gets drained and evicted usually)

We haven't had a decent pmk art in years, last was what .. gof's trying to add something more polished into the game?

It was mentioned that this year will be polishes and qols.. no new content as in.. huge things like docks.. or VR.. or crazy big "dlc", while new content which is so far promised is goblin camps and "deity rituals", officially called... "exploration".

Maybe pvpers just need to post their long list of suggestions.. just not be cryptic about what and why... you'll get even pvE-ers suggest more fun things to be added to spice your every day with the events and effects that way.

Edited by Finnn
this
  • Like 2

@IsmI'm advocating for all the players who have been banned while not being toxic/detrimental to the community. Which yes, includes trash. People have been removed from the forums, discord, and game for actions done on a specific account. I don't understand why we are completely removing players from the entire community for something considered against game rules on a specific account. If an account broke the rules, then sure punish the account. But I see no benefit in removing players from the diminishing community as a whole. 

• Like 11

I would also take a look at almost all "creation only" skills. Why can't I imp a coal pile? Why can't I imp a lock/lockpick. Want metallurgy? Make 15k useless lumps....

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

My point is.. pvpers lack any kind of suggestions or complaints for content.

We suggest a lot. But we don't get listened to. Big difference lad

2 minutes ago, Deltadoggg said:

quote a few good ones here, it's a good time/year/ for it

17 minutes ago, JamesSnow said:

@IsmI'm advocating for all the players who have been banned while not being toxic/detrimental to the community. Which yes, includes trash. People have been removed from the forums, discord, and game for actions done on a specific account. I don't understand why we are completely removing players from the entire community for something considered against game rules on a specific account. If an account broke the rules, then sure punish the account. But I see no benefit in removing players from the diminishing community as a whole. 

Someone told me I'm not allowed to discuss bans on the forums so I've edited this out of my post

Edited by Ols
  • Like 3

@OlsWell you obviously have no idea why he was actually banned based off your post, and that is why increased transparency is needed. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, JamesSnow said:

So if you're non toxic but are exploiting/cheating and you happen to be "Important guy" in your faction you should get slap on the wrist?  sincerely hope wurm staff is different than that.

Edited by Ism
typo
  • Like 3

Not sure if we have enough gems around to make spell gems too useful.

An idea.. How about making it so the gems lose 10-20ql when the spell gem effect is used and it'll crumble to dust if the gem is less than 10-20 ql? Would make the gems a bit reuseable and would put value on the ql of the gem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

One example is allowing karma home to take the creature you are riding on back with you on freedom servers as for most

Please consider including the mount in recall home, as well.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Deltadoggg said:

The suggestion for champ removal that got listened to is a big one. The post about removing or nerfing pvp acid imbue is massive, filled with more data than most players will ever sit through. We've also got a very vocal amount of players suggesting a major shakeup of pvp servers as a whole to create something that helps put more players into a server to increase pvp. You're absolutely right, we suggest a lot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Borstaskor said:

An idea.. How about making it so the gems lose 10-20ql when the spell gem effect is used and it'll crumble to dust if the gem is less than 10-20 ql? Would make the gems a bit reuseable and would put value on the ql of the gem.

Maybe a way to combine low QL gems via spell or "Gemcutting", Jewel smithing, or something else.  Combining two 10QL gems give you a 15QL or 20QL.  

Edited by DADLER
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Egard said:

So a year of nothing but fixes and some QoL improvements, no real new content. Same old same old completing ignoring one part of the community the PVP one. Why don’t y’all just delete every pvp server and make the game PvE since you continue to neglect it. 

Why develop PvP when you can develop DvD (Decoration vs Decoration) only some like PvP but we all like DvD :)

I mean i am sure they are already aware there are some QoL changes they could make in PvP too like nerfing acid pot and either removing Warbonus or making it so it gives full buff to 40body toons then diminishing returns up to 50 body toons then no bonus to anything above that.

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

Spell Gems

Spell gems will be a new item we are introducing later this year to make enchants more accessible to newer players and add some QOL for players selling enchants to players. These gems will allow you to cast an item enchant onto them, recording your channelling level and any faith bonuses you had at the time and locking it into a gem. Another player can then use one of these to cast on an item as if they were you; this will function like a normal enchant with the same chance to shatter an item as the casting priest and will roll the spell power when using the gem not when creating it. We also plan to have versions of these capped at 30 power enchants drop/come from sources in the game to give newer players a chance to get some basic enchants while still leaving the market open for good enchants needing to come from priests. This one may be a little controversial and we would love to hear some feedback on it.

So one could stockpile on favor then 5s prem their priest cast for a week then not have to prem that priest for months because can just use the gems. Guess the compromise would be to cap the max power of the cast to land as 70? And we can all call them impalong gems:)

L.E.

The big advantage for this could be spells that require pressence like mailbox casts and strongwalls, genesis and humid drizzle, these could be so much better if you could just buy the gems then apply them yourself.

So there is an argument to add these gems but only for non item spells?

Another good one: Summon Soul

But then there is also an argument why not make gems that can just imp items so people that want to main priests can just have their gear and tools re-imped by applying a gem that someone imped with a skill.

And now you are in a situation where people that only have one crafter can pay to just buy gems to basically get the benefit of the spellbooks of all 4 priests without having to grind a second toon as priest nevermind all 4. That's kinda pay to win if you ask me. 

Edited by Cipacadrinho

dump maps?  when do they normally come out.  I always forget. but feels soonish.    glad the wall things are coming even if slow.   UI   all windows should be resizable.  using Karma to fill food and water bars when we forget to take with us on hunts. 

1 hour ago, Borstaskor said:

The said it would be a new item, so I don't think it's a new use for existing gems.

PLEASE keep it to item enchants, or disable it for PvP.  Everyone walking around with Light of Fo gems would be bad

• Like 1

One thing that kills my wrist is moving the mouse around constantly to read labels on items, creatures, guard towers, etc. I'd love a keybind to temporarily display all hoverable items (or have a checklist in settings to toggle what comes up) at once.

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JamesSnow said:

It's nice to see that updates are in place to improve to player retention, but players are currently being pushed out of the game. I think one of the most important areas that needs improvement is transparency and consistency in moderation. Numerous players/accounts have been removed from the game arbitrarily. The appeal process takes more time than the research that goes into permanently removing some of the most dedicated players from the game. Maybe a new year should be a fresh start for everybody who has previously been removed from the game for non-toxic player reasons. A lot of people have hesitation in dedicating serious time to this game when players have been removed on a whim with no explanation. 

If they did let players back allot would not bother , they lost to much money wise and time .

Few players come to mind on lost of real money making deeds and buying silver to get ingame stuff .

1 hour ago, Borstaskor said:

Think the gem should be destroyed if used to store a spell .

It has been asked for years to let us add certain spells to gems ..

But i dont think strongwall will be added since there are few other ways to cast it ..purchased using silver or loyalty points .

Time will tell .

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

We would love to see suggestions from people on which skills they think could use some attention in this area.

Adding impable items to creation only skills would help. Thatching, for example, the straw bed should be impable.

I find pottery to be a miserable skill because the completed items can't be repaired. It makes sense that pottery can't be imped once fired, but it seems a little harsh that we can't repair it either.

• Like 2