Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Cake or larders are the problem?

2dc80f95418931ece9749ae687413927.png

Do cakes decay fast or are the larders useless?

Spoiler

larder:

A cool area for storing food. The larder has been firmly secured to the ground by Finn. You can easily make out the signature of its maker, 'Finn'. It is locked with a lock of exceptional quality. Ql: 94.6131, Dam: 0.0.

A silver rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will reduce the decay taken of items inside (10%)

shelf:

A food shelf. It is made from oleanderwood. Ql: 94.6131, Dam: 0.0.

A silver rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will reduce the decay taken of items inside (10%)

Edited by Finnn

The cakes haven't taken any damage in player inventory. Just as a side note.

• Like 1

Same I lost a Christmas cake with an alt after putting it in the larder, decayed fast, had 50% damage after a day.

incidentally I believe cakes cannot be wrapped.

Thank you for reporting this , Ive set up a test and will check the results.

• Like 2

only gets worse..

e795108f58c7bfd2e26f63e056ad675f.png

I haven't touched it.. only using the other food as "hunger filler meals"

It is not the only item.. all the food in the larders just decays tens(or worse multiplier) of times faster in larders since decay "fix" and that's not addressed, it's reported in another post, confirmed to be a thing but not fixed or handled, issue only gets worse with time...

• Like 2

I have a Christmas Cake that's taken loads of damage while in a Large Magic Chest. 

Those shouldn't take any damage at all in one of them, as unlike larders there should be zero decay, not just a slowed decay,.

This is speculation, but it appears like the cake is taking reverse decay damage from normal food items. Decay-free in inventory, increased decay from items that slow decay, and large decay from items that should halt decay.

HI, this problem is still here, larders are far from how they used to work, food inside is just trashed by decay in times faster than before.

The cake decayed some time in the past week..

Should we stop using larders at all and move on to only magic chests to store food?

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2023 at 5:19 AM, Tristanc said:

I have a Christmas Cake that's taken loads of damage while in a Large Magic Chest. 

I have (on Indy server, Cornersville deed, in building Teeebomb's Tall House) 1 xmas cake (from 23 Dec 2022) and 1 slice of xmas cake in a LMC w/ zero damage... not sure how many xmas cakes I should have. But I put those in this same back pack in this LMC. If there were more than those 2, then they decayed, not sure. But these 2 have zero damage, so far.

17 minutes ago, Finnn said:

The cake decayed some time in the past week..

looking at WU cake and cake slices have the same decay time ( 172800) as basically all butchered products, meat, and a couple of other cooking recipes. those things decay in a few days off deed so 2 1/2 months in a larder sounds about right unless there's some reason they shouldn't be decaying?

28 minutes ago, Finnn said:

food inside is just trashed by decay in times faster than before.

larders are less effective and the snowballs melt faster the more items you have in it

On 2/9/2023 at 12:19 PM, Tristanc said:

Those shouldn't take any damage at all in one of them, as unlike larders there should be zero decay, not just a slowed decay,.

explain that then;

whole problem started with the little fix to decay.. it affected larders, snow decay and food decay, it just ticks way faster than old-normal, which brings the problem, could larders be fixed or should that content be deprecated and stopped from being used for more then filler ccfp food, random affinity ccfp filler food can be stored anywhere or not at all, nobody cares for these if they have the skill, it's a complete different story if you cook ccfp affinity long timer food and the larders just destroy the spent time, there was no dev post about this, so it's a bug and not intended behavior, but there's no fix, no patch, no  notice, not even reply to acknowledge the obvious changes since "decay fix" patch

larders already had a cost to use, either babysit the snow amount or suffer penalty to food as decay, lowering nutrition, ccfp, aff timer.. turning things to useless filler or aff food quite quickly once 40+ damage stacks, 

larders used to leave food almost never take decay ticks if there was snow and that was maintained, this behavior changed,

[before] larder kept food I made probably 5-6years ago, at the very least 4yrs/+, there's good amount which I haven't used in a long time and still sits.. but all that is damaged now since decay-fix patch, none of this was addressed, but a mechanic was completely changed, from useful food-only storage, larder is now useless trash-heap with snow(?), is there any chance to get a fix to this or can we at least get a wsa with next valrei post to stop using larders and buy a magic chest, fix is not coming, reporting it seems pointless, months after months it's just ignored

• Like 2

I'd just like to add to note that I believe I was mistaken when I said the Christmas Cake from 2022 was taking large amounts of decay from within a Large Magic Chest.  I've been observing since then, and the cake in the LMC (with about 81% decay) hasn't taken any further noticeable decay since.

What I believe happened was that it took all that decay inside a /larder/ that had 100 very high quality snowballs in the icebox....adding to the sense expressed in this thread that larder have been nerfed considerably for decay rate of items inside within the past couple years.

Then the cake was moved into the large magic chest, no further decay happened.

IMHO: Larders should fulfill their purpose of greatly lessening the decay rate of prepared foods and not simply be a standby till a player can afford a magic chest to really keep their prepared food safe.

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 1